Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I still reckon we did the right thing looking back it all .
Logan MAC - still unsure about the 1 season he had (he wasn’t even talked about earlier in the year )
Elijah H - acl risk & hope he can talk walk walk the talk . I actually found him F#cking annoying when he talked ! God help his teammates!
The 2 defensive talls * took - one if not both smelt of a Lauchie Hansen recruit .
So Yeah Phillips all the way 👍👍👍

If Cox was at our second and Allison at our third - we might of taken a tall.

No one will ever know where we had these guys ranked

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Chesser and Sinn would really suit us based on who we took this year

Both loom as damaging running types at AFL level. Chesser may even be a damaging half back at AFL level. Both have genuine leg speed and run sub 3 second 20m’s. Sinn has been compared to Josh Kelly as an example...

Keep an eye out for them this year in the NAB League.

I really can’t see us winning the spoon personally, Id be surprised if we finished below Adelaide as a minimum, they will 100% be in full tank mode for Horne. Bottom 5 I think, yes.

The midfield is just starting to look pretty powerful (despite very young) and with Goldy and Cunners still there as senior experience in there, I think we will get a hold of a few sides next year.

I love Horne, but if we added Sinn to the ball winners we took this year, boy, we’d probably have close to the best group of young mids in the league.

Last edited:

Both loom as damaging running types at AFL level. Chesser may even be a damaging half back at AFL level. Both have genuine leg speed and run sub 3 second 20m’s. Sinn has been compared to Josh Kelly as an example...

I really can’t see us winning the spoon personally, Id be surprised if we finished below Adelaide as a minimum, they will 100% be in full tank mode for Horne. Bottom 5 I think, yes.

The midfield is just starting to look pretty powerful (despite very young) and with Goldy and Cunners still there as senior experience in there, I think we will get a hold of a few sides next year.

I love Horne, but if we added Sinn to the ball winners we took this year, boy, we’d probably have close to the best group of young mids in the league.
From what I’ve seen of Sinn he plays tall, more of a utility than pure mid. Is midfield where he settles at AFL level?

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Do you think we would look at Van Rooyen?

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just get another quality mid, get a key forward in the 2nd round.

Key forwards are topping up pieces. You don't need top key forwards for success. Bulldogs and Richmond never had the best key forwards.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Key forwards are topping up pieces. You don't need top key forwards for success. Bulldogs and Richmond never had the best key forwards.

Richmond have Riewoldt and Lynch. Bulldogs are the odd side out over recent history not to have a dominant forward. Pretty much every side in recent history to win a flag has a dominant forward picked high in the draft.

“You don’t need key forwards for success” is just dumb and wrong.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The Bulldogs are the only exception. Richmond has Lynch and Riewoldt for the second and third flags and every other premier has had quality big forwards.

We are putting a heap of faith in Larkey and Comben if we don't chase at least one more quality tall forward.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Bulldogs are the only exception. Richmond has Lynch and Riewoldt for the second and third flags and every other premier has had quality big forwards.

We are putting a heap of faith in Larkey and Comben if we don't chase at least one more quality tall forward.

To be fair though, big forwards have a tendency to leave for bags of cash.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be fair though, big forwards have a tendency to leave for bags of cash.

Clubs have a tendency to throw big bags of cash at them. Might be a sign that they are not so easy to find and are important. Even then the two that really fit that description are Lynch and Cameron and it is not as though they are the only ones that bailed on the Suns and Giants.

Is there one we could throw a big bag of cash at around 2022 or 2023?

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Clubs have a tendency to throw big bags of cash at them. Might be a sign that they are not so easy to find and are important. Even then the two that really fit that description are Lynch and Cameron and it is not as though they are the only ones that bailed on the Suns and Giants.

Is there one we could throw a big bag of cash at around 2022 or 2023?

Buddy was who I had in mind.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Richomnd's had a whole bunch of little blokes hence lynch and riewolt are but additions. We need the get the top qulity little blokes first. A lynch type will pop up eventually for us to finally throw the big bag of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back