Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may not have the #1 draft pick after all:

Will Pies have to match No.1 bid for Nick Daicos?

Collingwood father-son Nick Daicos has recruiters salivating, but will another club force the Pies to match a No.1 overall bid for the teenage prodigy?

Horne, Sonsie & Daicos would be the 3 leading candidates for pick 1 at this early stage. Daicos game on the weekend was off the charts.

Sinn, Rachele, Van Rooyen next best.

One to watch for me is Liam Conway from the Western Jets. 31 disposals and a goal and round 1. 16 disposals and 8 tackles on the weekend. Nuggety tough type with a nice bit of agility and speed.

Thommo's boy, obviously not eligible as f/s but he is a North supporter.

#28 Louis Thompson

Didn’t have a whole heap of the footy, but was very eye catching when he did. Lining up mostly at half-forward, he’d drift across and impact aerial contests well, with one particular instance in the first quarter leading to a mark a good five meters in front of the pack, which he converted into a goal. When in the midfield, he was really clean in traffic, getting around opponents easily to then handball to a teammate on the outside. He went on a few good runs where he’d be confident and assured taking on opponents, standing up strongly on the rare occasions he was caught. Looked to be on the wing for the fourth quarter where he became a strong driver for the Pioneers going forward, using his speed and agility well then kicking to teammates

Thommo's boy, obviously not eligible as f/s but he is a North supporter.

#28 Louis Thompson

Didn’t have a whole heap of the footy, but was very eye catching when he did. Lining up mostly at half-forward, he’d drift across and impact aerial contests well, with one particular instance in the first quarter leading to a mark a good five meters in front of the pack, which he converted into a goal. When in the midfield, he was really clean in traffic, getting around opponents easily to then handball to a teammate on the outside. He went on a few good runs where he’d be confident and assured taking on opponents, standing up strongly on the rare occasions he was caught. Looked to be on the wing for the fourth quarter where he became a strong driver for the Pioneers going forward, using his speed and agility well then kicking to teammates

Father son hawthorn?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes but I can't see him going there.

Fair enough, it’s worth a shot for him. Might be a slider in the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horne, Sonsie and Sinn all look great but we desperately need a key forward.
Jacob Van Rooyen looks like the best key forward prospect for ages, why wouldn’t we look at him?
Fills an immediate need and will be better than Logan McDonald.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would love 2 picks in the top 5 this year.
Horne and Van Rooyen would be a dream
Do we consider trading our 2022 first pick to make this happen ? Would anyone bite?

No one is trading out of the top 6 or 7 this year. Looks as strong as any draft I can remember.

Horne, Sinn, Daicos, Chesser, Sonsie, Rachelle, Van Rooyen.

No one is trading out of the top 6 or 7 this year. Looks as strong as any draft I can remember.

Horne, Sinn, Daicos, Chesser, Sonsie, Rachelle, Van Rooyen.

I understand
But not even for the potential number 1 pick, the following year?
Most clubs would have us finishing last again
Just thinking out aloud....

I understand
But not even for the potential number 1 pick, the following year?
Most clubs would have us finishing last again
Just thinking out aloud....

I would be keen on us trading a future first at some point, to bring 2x firsts into the club in the same year.. However, we’ve gotta time it with when we are confident we will climb, which I don’t think is likely in 2022.

At this early stage, I’d be pulling the trigger on our 2023 first round pick.

Would love 2 picks in the top 5 this year.
Horne and Van Rooyen would be a dream
Do we consider trading our 2022 first pick to make this happen ? Would anyone bite?

If we finish winless then hit the Ivory Tower up for a massive PP (pick 2) and then Trade Dumont & 2022 first to GWS for Pick 3 and next years 2nd..

1 - Horne
2 - Sonsie
3 - JVR

**cue moonwalk gif**

PS: I’m not channeling Rooboys Rool Im just a bit tipsy 🤘😁👍

If we finish winless then hit the Ivory Tower up for a massive PP (pick 2) and then Trade Dumont & 2022 first to GWS for Pick 3 and next years 2nd..

1 - Horne
2 - Sonsie
3 - JVR

**cue moonwalk gif**

I'd do this.

Twist my arm. Not for the deal, I'm also tipsy.

1 - Horne
2 - Sonsie
3 - JVR

**cue moonwalk gif**

B-

Lacks 17 trades to get to the final outcome ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back