Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could be wrong but I vaguely recall seeing a TV game of Thorp playing VFL along with Riewoldt.

Yep. Thorp played VFL with Jack. But Jack was a level above. Carrying the team on his back as a 17 year old while Thorp didn’t really perform.

I was very keen on Jack but Lachie did sound exciting given the height/athleticism. I think clubs were turned off by Riewoldt’s comparative height/athleticism (upside).

Anyway, I very much subscribe to putting a lot of extra value on draftees who are performing in the seniors. It is a big step, those who can do it at 17 are rarely busts.

Yep. Thorp played VFL with Jack. But Jack was a level above. Carrying the team on his back as a 17 year old while Thorp didn’t really perform.

I was very keen on Jack but Lachie did sound exciting given the height/athleticism. I think clubs were turned off by Riewoldt’s comparative height/athleticism (upside).

Anyway, I very much subscribe to putting a lot of extra value on draftees who are performing in the seniors. It is a big step, those who can do it at 17 are rarely busts.

Wtf were the dawks thinking when they took thorp over Jack

Few players I would like to know more about.

Harry Mcinnes. Does anyone know anything about him? Glenelg product looks like a dangerous forward thats been getting stints in the backline and midfiled at school level.
Zac Becker. Sturt boy thats a powerful kid, seems to have a knack for contested marks. Saw him play a few times for sturt and showed glimpses.
Brad Jefferies. For a kid that gets over 25 touches a game, he is flying under the radar i believe. Anyone know anything about him or seen him play?

Few players I would like to know more about.

Harry Mcinnes. Does anyone know anything about him? Glenelg product looks like a dangerous forward thats been getting stints in the backline and midfiled at school level.
Zac Becker. Sturt boy thats a powerful kid, seems to have a knack for contested marks. Saw him play a few times for sturt and showed glimpses.
Brad Jefferies. For a kid that gets over 25 touches a game, he is flying under the radar i believe. Anyone know anything about him or seen him play?
We'll get back to you in the morning. You are half an hour behind and we are all in bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

me too

Horne vs Central

- Butchered a short pass from his back pocket to 30m out centrally out front his own goal. Opponent that gathered kicked a behind, should have been a goal. There was another moment later on in the game where he was trying to hit a short 15-20m to a teammate on the lead and it dropped 1m short. Insert comment here about how he's already turning into a North player. His technique is fine, both kicks looked slightly lazy though as he probably checked out due to them being very easy kicks.

- Absolutely ridiculous chase down tackle 4:40 into the first quarter winning a holding the ball free kick. Opponent was streaming through the centre with at least 3-4m on him and he caught him within a few seconds. Think Super Gav chasing Farren Ray.

- Took a really courageous intercept contested mark in defense. Opponent hit him made him earn it - got back up and carried on like it was nothing.

- Did a really good job the whole game of presenting to the ball carrier and getting separation from his opponent to take the mark. Took one mark on the lead with his arms extended and his opponent breathing down his neck and it just stuck. Excellent mark.

- Hit the ball at pace at one stoppage, sold candy and kicked long. Blind freddy could see how explosive he is with his first few steps.

- Can win the ball in so many ways. Stoppage, contested in the air, clunking them on the lead, defensive pressure leading to a turnover, reads it off the pack really well.

Concluding statement: He didn't tear this game apart but the glimpses he continues to show are so bloody impressive. I've said it before but there's no other comparison than Dangerfield - he's so Dangerfield-like it's ridiculous. If anyone tells you Daicos is better than Horne, spit in their face.
yeah but how good would it be to force collingwood to match #1 for daicos

That leap and mark at 1.06...o_O

Ah sh*t I've jumped too high i better take it on my chest

crazy leap.
That burst early on is something I’ve only see Dusty and Danger do before. Not even pre-Achilles Swallow burst could match that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back