Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you figure?

If he slips to say three, and your first pick goes to GWS, if you had of kept that pick you could have had him and the next best player. Could have realistically drafted say Sonsie and Daicos.

That trade to GWS is so so bad. Unbelievably bad considering you still dont have enough points for Daicos.

If he slips to say three, and your first pick goes to GWS, if you had of kept that pick you could have had him and the next best player. Could have realistically drafted say Sonsie and Daicos.

That trade to GWS is so so bad. Unbelievably bad considering you still dont have enough points for Daicos.

It’s already a bad trade, i suspect we’ll finish a couple spots higher on the ladder though. We’re much better than our record suggests.

It’s funny watching the posters here rag on Daicos though. The kids putting up generational numbers, scouts have compared him to Rowell and Walsh. Just be happy about your guy, no need for the salt.

Obvious isn't it?

If his bid doesn't come until the GWS pick or after, in all likelihood that pick swap was the worst trade since the inception of future trading was introduced.
Lol, no point crying over spilt milk, the later a bid comes the better for us.

I might be reading too much into it, but both Hawthorn and Collingwood seem to have gone for players in the MSD who can make a contribution in the second half of the year - Hawthorn with Newcombe, who seems ready to go, and Jackson Callow, who's been playing against men in the SANFL; likewise Collingwood with a 23 year old in Ash Johnson.

You're probably not reading too much into it. Buck$ wants to keep his job, so will be looking for any cheap win he can get his hands on. Clarko has had a successful career and should have left when the Hawks went into decline, am sure he doesn't want to sully his record now. Whereas we have a new coach who currently isn't burdened by win/loss ratio. And that is rebuilding 101. Scott was in the same boat as Buck$.

The more clips I watch the more I think don't even consider bidding on Daicos. We know the Pies will match the bid 100% but if I was the club I would be telling Horne we could bid on Daicos and it probably has benefits in terms of knocking more points out of Collingwood, but you are that far ahead of everyone else in your draft class we are making you No. 1. Everything I have seen so far suggests that Horne would love that.
No matter how nice it might be to derail the pies drafting for a couple of years taking the #1 pick is a huge marketing opportunity for the club. Especially with a player of Horne's ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also adds pressure.
giphy.gif

It’s already a bad trade, i suspect we’ll finish a couple spots higher on the ladder though. We’re much better than our record suggests.

Agree.

It’s funny watching the posters here rag on Daicos though.

No one's ragging him, he's a good young player.

The kids putting up generational numbers,

......and he still can't get his side over the line.

scouts have compared him to Rowell and Walsh.

He doesn't have that inside game. His numbers are based upon relative speed and fitness....in 4 matches.

Just be happy about your guy, no need for the salt.

Hey, you're the one that sprinted in here.

The only person that has him at number 1 is a Collingwood supporter. If Horne was playing junior football he’d be crushing it.

If Daicos & Horne were fighting over the same footy, then Nick would be road kill.

He'd literally have stop marks in his head.

Last edited:
If Daicos & Horne were fighting over the same footy, then Nick would be road kill.

He'd literally have stop marks in his head.

“I’m not ragging on Daicos...” proceeds to describe him as road kill. Some weird violence going on with you.

Anyway, we know who’d win the ball as teammates. Daicos was BOG against Geelong’s VFL, had double the possessions, more clearances and inside 50s than Horne. Guess Daicos can compete against men just as well (better in fact).

“I’m not ragging on Daicos...” proceeds to describe him as road kill. Some weird violence going on with you.

If he was in a direct contest, then that's what he would be mate. Skittled.

Anyway, we know who’d win the ball as teammates. Daicos was BOG against Geelong’s VFL, had double the possessions, more clearances and inside 50s than Horne. Guess Daicos can compete against men just as well (better in fact).

Keep chewing up those stats mate.

Based upon what I have seen so far, Nick excels over Horne in one single area, and that is lateral movement. Nick is quick, but Horne would match him over the first 10 metres.

Horne has the same quality hands, is several levels stronger, and a better mark, kick & tackler.

Based upon what I have seen so far, Nick excels over Horne in one single area, and that is lateral movement. Nick is quick, but Horne would match him over the first 10 metres.

Horne has the same quality hands, is several levels stronger, and a better mark, kick & tackler.

I don’t really care for hypotheticals. You can view Horne as the better athlete, but objectively Daicos quite easily outperformed Horne as teammates.

I don’t really care for hypotheticals. You can view Horne as the better athlete, but objectively Daicos quite easily outperformed Horne as teammates.

Enjoy your player with my blessings.

You sound desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back