Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not high production players

Scott’s a mid but he has no defining qualities and doesn’t get much of it. Similar to his brother but at least bailey was an accumulator at junior level

jackson is more a small lockdown defender and in general those don’t go til late in the draft

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You aren't going to change way an entire forum structures their sentences. Let it go mate.

I'm not trying to do that. It's predominately one critic with baseless opinions.

Looks like we will get some quality with our second pick (currently Pick 20). Some options:

1623298218240.png
1623298026417.png
1623298049712.png
1623298080850.png
1623298136689.png
1623298260955.png
Other NAB Leaguers in the mix include Lachlan Rankin (Oakleigh Chargers) and Josh Ward (Northern Knights), who both have wonderful skills and are clean with ball in hand. Charlie Molan (GWV Rebels) is a half-back who has recently been moved up to the wing, impressing with his kicking and competitiveness. Sam Banks is the Tasmanian to watch, a smooth and classy half-back who is currently out with a broken wrist.

Do we need to have the same song and dance everyday? If you don't think someone is qualified to have a strong opinion on something just ignore it. Painful reading the same sh*t day in day out from you.

Nah. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but unqualified opinions on young footballers doesn't help anybody and Tef is right to call them out. If people least said up front "I'm just going off the written profile" or "it's just my feeling" it'd be better.

There's probably 3-4 people max on this board who could pick both Darby Scott and Jackson Archer out of a lineup let alone have watched them both play enough meaningful amount of football to form an educated opinion.

I'm guessing ziebull isn't amongst them.

Nah. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but unqualified opinions on young footballers doesn't help anybody and Tef is right to call them out. If people least said up front "I'm just going off the written profile" or "it's just my feeling" it'd be better.

There's probably 3-4 people max on this board who could pick both Darby Scott and Jackson Archer out of a lineup let alone have watched them both play enough meaningful amount of football to form an educated opinion.

If the bloke actually commented stuff about actually going to the games and informing the board about positive & negative traits in a balanced manner, then he would shift from a -10 to a +10 in an instant.

I have nothing personally against him other than his propensity to dismiss North players/potentials outright based upon 5 word sentences backed up with nought, as if it is broadly accepted that the gospel drips from his keyboard. It's delusional.

View attachment 1151503

By the time the draft rolls around I reckon Goater will be considered a top 10 or just outside of it.

If he doesn't go to another level with his performances in the second half of the season then his results at the combine will elevate him. Has as high of a ceiling as anyone in this draft due to his athletic profile along with him actually being a decent footballer.

There's generally a player every year that's compared to Fyfe and this year I think it's Goater.

Last edited:
By the time the draft rolls around I reckon Goater will be considered a top 10 or just outside of it.

If his performances in the second half of the season as a result of improvement don't do it then his results at the combine will. Has as high of a ceiling as anyone in this draft due to his athletic profile along with him actually being a decent footballer.

There's generally a player every year that's compared to Fyfe and this year I think it's Goater.

Also BFNAAK

Can see the Fyfe comparison with Josh

You see him around #20 Souup ?

Looks like we will get some quality with our second pick (currently Pick 20). Some options:

View attachment 1151510
View attachment 1151502
View attachment 1151503
View attachment 1151505
View attachment 1151507
View attachment 1151512
Other NAB Leaguers in the mix include Lachlan Rankin (Oakleigh Chargers) and Josh Ward (Northern Knights), who both have wonderful skills and are clean with ball in hand. Charlie Molan (GWV Rebels) is a half-back who has recently been moved up to the wing, impressing with his kicking and competitiveness. Sam Banks is the Tasmanian to watch, a smooth and classy half-back who is currently out with a broken wrist.
I think we're desperate for a small forward and a tall defender at this point. So would want someone like that with our 2nd if available.

View attachment 1151510
View attachment 1151502
View attachment 1151503
View attachment 1151505
View attachment 1151507
View attachment 1151512
I see Horne has been schooled by former Carlton and Adelaide champion Bryce Gibbs... the words 'great', 'legend' and 'champion' have a pretty low definitional bar at times

Good point Cory on all the above. So i will go with a gut feeling with Josh Browne being a really good pick for us with our 2nd pick.

If the current rankings are anything to go by I'm really happy that we don't have a pick between around 4 & 12.

I think this draft bats really deep to around 60, but I reckon there are going to be a couple of absolute busts around those picks above. I get the feeling that some of these kids are ranked that high is due to their under 16's output rather than their current output.

The one player I wouldn't consider top 10 at the moment is Josh Sinn. Don't get me wrong he has some serious tools, but from the game I watched and the limited highlights I've seen, to me he just doesn't have the finishing skills to be a top 10 selection, especially as a half back. Technically his kicking looks flawless, but he does miss a lot of targets. He is capable of some real dash but he is also capable of absolutely torching the footy. Isn't particular good 1v1 and I don't see him developing much of an inside game either. Souup whats your thoughts on Sinn?

Campbell Chesser is another who I'm not sure should be in the convo for a spot in the top 10. He is very very outside imo.

On the other hand you can always just politely ask to elaborate like sachx did, without resorting to Teffy's oblique, passive-aggressive bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we need to have the same song and dance everyday? If you don't think someone is qualified to have a strong opinion on something just ignore it. Painful reading the same sh*t day in day out from you.

This time around his question is valid. If he hasn’t seen them play, then his opinion of the players means nothing. TZ posts mostly in such definitive manner, so he needs to back up it up with something.

View attachment 1151510
View attachment 1151502
View attachment 1151503
View attachment 1151505
View attachment 1151507
View attachment 1151512

Wilmot, stands out to me. He is probably one of the most courageous players in this draft pool if you ask me.

I highly doubt we get anymore half backs in this draft though. Especially considering we just picked up Ham and may look to get Archer as a F/S too.

Not high production players

Scott’s a mid but he has no defining qualities and doesn’t get much of it. Similar to his brother but at least bailey was an accumulator at junior level

jackson is more a small lockdown defender and in general those don’t go til late in the draft

Have you seen either play?

This time around his question is valid. If he hasn’t seen them play, then his opinion of the players means nothing. TZ posts mostly in such definitive manner, so he needs to back up it up with something.

Precisely. Nothing against tZ as a person who can be entertaining and original but as you say posting definitively about players you've never seen just misinforms others.

So any time someone puts up a opinion that has to be asked 🙄

Every second post will be cut and paste job ffs

If he doesn't go to another level with his performances in the second half of the season then his results at the combine will elevate him. Has as high of a ceiling as anyone in this draft due to his athletic profile along with him actually being a decent footballer.

His midfield nous and tank are a bit of an issue so he may not become that Fyfe type of midfielder but he could seriously be anything and his type nearly always get taken top 20. Im a big fan

Last edited:
Seen young Jackson Archer play a few times.hes hard at it as you'd. Expect..smaller defender not overly quick.. will be a tough choice if north take him..he's not banging the door down at the moment...he's preparation to have a shot at AFL.Has been ruined by the covid situation only time will.tell

I have watched every junior game from the last 3 years and have come to this conclusion.

Daicos is no1
Daylight 2nd

After no2 you can throw a blanket over about 50 players unfortunately for you guys.

:)

I have watched every junior game from the last 3 years and have come to this conclusion.

Daicos is no1
Daylight 2nd

After no2 you can throw a blanket over about 50 players unfortunately for you guys.

:)

Someone will be along to bite shortly. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back