AFL 2021 AFL Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

How have Dogs improved? Bruce and Keath with another year in the system. Should benefit greatly from the new rules. Stef Martin in so Grundy doesn't destroy English + Dunkley isn't the 2nd ruck and Treloar makes a fantastic midfield even better.

ON the flipside Coll have lost Phillips, Stephenson and Treloar. If Adams and Sidebottom miss with injury then they're in a lot of strife with their midfield.

Coll were low scoring, slow moving last year so potentially the new rule changes don't favour them.

Treloar & Phillips are stat padders & butcher the ball. Coll knew it & were happy to cull them. I hate Coll with every bone in my body but I don’t think they’ll lose as much impetus as people make out.

How Treloar benefits the dogs is open to conjecture. Who’s minutes does it impede? Dunkley? Baz Smith? Sure it gives them a deeper rotation but the dogs weakness isn’t their mids.....but forward line. Bruce is an absolute spud & Naughton can’t stay on the park. Why do you think Bont plays forward half the time?

Stef Martin is a shrewd trade though. That will def help English flourish.

Will be a cracking game, one which I’ll be only watching only at this stage.

Treloar & Phillips are stat padders & butcher the ball. Coll knew it & were happy to cull them. I hate Coll with every bone in my body but I don’t think they’ll lose as much impetus as people make out.

How Treloar benefits the dogs is open to conjecture. Who’s minutes does it impede? Dunkley? Baz Smith? Sure it gives them a deeper rotation but the dogs weakness isn’t their mids.....but forward line. Bruce is an absolute spud & Naughton can’t stay on the park. Why do you think Bont plays forward half the time?

Stef Martin is a shrewd trade though. That will def help English flourish.

Will be a cracking game, one which I’ll be only watching only at this stage.
I obviously rate Treloar and Phillips higher than you (was very happy Hawks got Phillips). Even if you don't rate them it does make their midfield depth very thin. If Sidey and Adams miss then likely midfield is Mayne - Sier - Daicos and Grundy - Pendles - Brown / Greenwood. Against WB midfield that situation is dire.

WB had problems last year with forwards and backs but I think English playing forward helps. Bruce was atrocious last year but solid before that. For his talent Naughton never seems to do much when i'm backing WB.

Treloar is a funny one going to WB because they almost have two many mids now. Ideally players get pushed forward and make them more potent in attack.

Hard one to measure but Coll also had the worst off season in the history of AFL. Literally went from one debacle to the next.

Anyway i'm putting 1.5u on WB and will probably double up if Adams and Sidebottom are ruled out. I expect Sidey is out and Adams in.

Anyway i'm putting 1.5u on WB and will probably double up if Adams and Sidebottom are ruled out. I expect Sidey is out and Adams in.

right play - i think the line could be as much as -6 WBD come the jump

Are Sportsbet and TAB the only books that have AFL SGMs that allow goal kickers to be included? I know a few others did until halfway through last season then changed.

Are Sportsbet and TAB the only books that have AFL SGMs that allow goal kickers to be included? I know a few others did until halfway through last season then changed.

Pretty sure Lads, Neds & PB allow it. Just the markets won’t be visible usually until 24hrs pre game.

If Sidebottom and Adams were playing then Pies would be an easy bet against the Dogs. Using hacks like Bruce and a washed up ruckman as reasons they will be a better team are laughable.

Pies had no problems beating them up by 52 last year without Treloar or Stephenson in the side.

Complete wait and see job with potential outs

If Sidebottom and Adams were playing then Pies would be an easy bet against the Dogs. Using hacks like Bruce and a washed up ruckman as reasons they will be a better team are laughable.

Pies had no problems beating them up by 52 last year without Treloar or Stephenson in the side.

Complete wait and see job with potential outs
I reckon the picking up of Martin was low key but very astute. Come round 1 there will be a big difference between English and Dunkley getting ragdolled by Grundy and Stef. Plus I can see English kicking a few goals going forward and pushing Bruce to the 3rd forward.

I reckon the picking up of Martin was low key but very astute. Come round 1 there will be a big difference between English and Dunkley getting ragdolled by Grundy and Stef. Plus I can see English kicking a few goals going forward and pushing Bruce to the 3rd forward.

Martin is 34 and cooked, he won't be providing any real help. Bruce is just garbage. The less of the ball he gets the better for the Dogs

2019 - 36 goals, 6th most contested marks
2018 - injured, 3 games
2017 - 36 goals
2016 - 38 goals
2015 - 50 goals

Hardly a dud. Had a bad year for who knows what reasons. Certainly not due to having zero talent.

Pretty sure B365 have just introduced it this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like geelong -24pts line, port have been beating us(adelaide) up in trials and we have an average defence atm without Talia and without doedee (injuries).
So their talls - Hawkins, Cameron, Stanely should have a field day, imo.
1.5u cats -24.5 @1.90 sb

Heppell 20+, McGrath 20+, Tim O'brien goal = 4.75

Remove this Banner Ad

Back