AFL 2021 AFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t LMac expected back this week? Only a late out?
North said yesterday he will miss a couple of weeks.
Shaun Atley lucky he plays at North, dont know any other club that would've had him around for 200+ games. Anyway, I don't see value here at $1.91 - McDonald was out last week and he still only just managed 20. He might get there, but for me the price is probably about right or unders if anything.
Fair call mate. Not saying he will do anything good with it I just think they will need to use him more.

If McDonald remains out for North then that just makes all bets on Sexton and GC 60+ more exciting.

Corr injured himself last match, wonder if he will get up.

That North backline was dire before those two were removed from it.

If North goes out there with a back seven (incl rotation) of McKay (very good on Dixon), Atley (more vanilla than a custard tart), Ziebell (literally not even a defender), Bonar (who?), Young (who?), and two more ring-ins, then god help us.

The only three legitimate AFL level defenders on the list are Tarrant, Corr, and McDonald. They might all be missing this weekend.

McKay can shut down King but that leaves Day. McKay can shut down Day but that leaves King.

Meanwhile the likes of Sexton, MacPherson, Ainsworth, and Rankine can run riot.

Apparently Touk Miller is playing a run-with role these days. Sit him on LDU for the first quarter until he gasses out, and then Simpkin for the rest of the match, and we are looking at a bloodbath.

Last edited:
GC beat us by 10 goals late last year. That was with shortened quarters.

We just got beaten by 10 goals even with an armchair ride from the umps in the 1st and 4th quarters.

And there's a chance we might be taking the field with the worst backline in recent AFL history.

(Even Freo last year with their KPD problems still put out a better unit than this)

Question marks over other players' fitness as well.

You're giving me 90s for a 100+ bath?

It's no sure bet, but it's a sight better than 90s.

10s, maybe 20s, but 90s?

Suns to smesh.png

Ye he looks to have more of a forward role. My only concern is that he seemed to push back into the midfield more after Rowell got injured

Yep, makes sense and thought he would move into the mids after that injury. Hopefully he spends more time resting forward and can bag a few goals vs a s**t kangas side.

My speculator for this weekend is Rowe 2+, Mcneil 2+ and Swallow 2+, 10s @175 (boosted) otherwise 150s

Choo Choo mofos.

Yep, makes sense and thought he would move into the mids after that injury. Hopefully he spends more time resting forward and can bag a few goals vs a sh*t kangas side.

My speculator for this weekend is Rowe 2+, Mcneil 2+ and Swallow 2+, 10s @175 (boosted) otherwise 150s

Choo Choo mofos.
Love it. Tailed for a tenner.

The PB promos look a lot more attractive this week. I like these 3 the best:
Cripps + Pendles 55+ disp $4
Fantasia/Tippa 3+ goals $2.50
Dusty/Mitchell 60+ disp $3

Fanta is 12-1 to kick four goals at Neds. He's 5-1 for four goals at SB.

GET ON THE O-TRAIN.

Jack Higgins is $5.25 for two at Neds. He kicked two last weekend.

And Sexton is currently 12-1 for four goals at Neds. I also like Weller 5.25 for 2+

Heeney $7.25 for 3+ at Neds. He's 2.88 at SB.

OMG I'm in heaven.

Also done a multi of Sexton 4 into Fanta 4@144.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2.5u - Brisbane +10.5 - $1.85 - TopSport
An 8.5 at some places. Worth grabbing this one now before tonight's tribunal which should see Dangerfield rubbed out and the line move in the favour of the Lions. That means the cats will be without Danger, Menegola, Duncan, Ablett (retired) from the side that belted them last year in the prelim. Adding to that Brisbane were with out All-Australian key defender, who will now assist in shutting down Coleman Medalist Tom Hawkins, and also strengthening their own line up with the big signing of Daniher who will be better with a few games under his belt now. Brisbane also won't have to worry about Jeremy Cameron's inclusion as he still has some time away. I think the Lions upset loss is more excusable of the two losses over the weekend, wet conditions weren't ideal, and when looking at it only lost one quarter in which seems like a massive effort from the swans rather than a completely terrible performance from the Lions. On the other hand the cats looked quite uninspiring and seemed to struggle in breaking down the crows. The cats are the clear old boys of the league and after a shortened pre-season, changes in rules and quarter lengths Chris Scott will be easing his boys into the season and have them playing right come finals time. Potentially the weakest Geelong side we see take the field in 2021. There will be a lot more emphasis placed on the younger, healthier Lions turning this one around and bouncing back from their loss

An 8.5 at some places. Worth grabbing this one now before tonight's tribunal which should see Dangerfield rubbed out and the line move in the favour of the Lions. That means the cats will be without Danger, Menegola, Duncan, Ablett (retired) from the side that belted them last year in the prelim. Adding to that Brisbane were with out All-Australian key defender, who will now assist in shutting down Coleman Medalist Tom Hawkins, and also strengthening their own line up with the big signing of Daniher who will be better with a few games under his belt now. Brisbane also won't have to worry about Jeremy Cameron's inclusion as he still has some time away. I think the Lions upset loss is more excusable of the two losses over the weekend, wet conditions weren't ideal, and when looking at it only lost one quarter in which seems like a massive effort from the swans rather than a completely terrible performance from the Lions. On the other hand the cats looked quite uninspiring and seemed to struggle in breaking down the crows. The cats are the clear old boys of the league and after a shortened pre-season, changes in rules and quarter lengths Chris Scott will be easing his boys into the season and have them playing right come finals time. Potentially the weakest Geelong side we see take the field in 2021. There will be a lot more emphasis placed on the younger, healthier Lions turning this one around and bouncing back from their loss

I think we are overrating the Lions

What makes you think they can win when they got hammered at home to a side that won't see Finals for the next few years

Good luck, don't mind the reasoning but personally couldn't go anywhere near this game. Two sides with high expectations but a lot of question marks after round 1, very hard to get a read on this match for mine

bookies would have already assumed danger is out, like your thinking though, is tough to win in Geelong though..

I think we are overrating the Lions

What makes you think they can win when they got hammered at home to a side that won't see Finals for the next few years
Different teams.

Swapping Harris Andrews for 6 gamer Josh Payne to line up on Tom Hawkins is one.

That Geelong side had Ablett, who probably would've won the norm smith if it were a GF that night.

Added to that they'll enter the game without Danger, Menegola, Duncan (three of the top 4 disposal getters for Geelong in 2020). These three arguably sit inside their top 5 players.

Daniher into the line up gives Brisbane another option up forward, can win a coleman in a full season of footy.

Brisbane opened the Prelim at $1.70 and closed at $1.87 (albeit at home) vs Geelong $2.18 and $1.97.

Last edited:
PointsBet Special for Carlton v Collingwood: Patrick Cripps and Scott Pendlebury to combine for 55+ Disposals paying 3/1

If your feeling brave, Cripps to get 35+ Disposals, Pendlebury to get 35+ Disposals that's paying odds of 46.25

Different teams.

Swapping Harris Andrews for 6 gamer Josh Payne to line up on Tom Hawkins is one.

That Geelong side had Ablett, who probably would've won the norm smith if it were a GF that night.

Added to that they'll enter the game without Danger, Menegola, Duncan (three of the top 4 disposal getters for Geelong in 2020). These three arguably sit inside their top 5 players.

Daniher into the line up gives Brisbane another option up forward, can win a coleman in a full season of footy.

Brisbane opened the Prelim at $1.70 and closed at $1.87 (albeit at home) vs Geelong $2.18 and $1.97.
The stats I'm looking at say Andrews played the Prelim...

I think the most important factor is home ground advantage. The Lions had it pretty easy last year playing most of their games in QLD, outside of QLD they went 2-2 including a 1pt win over North.

The Cats on the other hand are 10-2 since 2019 at GMHBA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back