AFL 2021 AFL Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooper Sharman came on as the sub in the second half last week against Carlton. Kicked a couple of goals from 100% forward time. Starting on the ground this week.

Sharman AGS @ $2.1 sb
Sharman 2+ @ $8.6
Sharman 3+ @ $40
Sharman 4+ @ $212

battle trialled forward= fail :crossmark:
long trialled forward= fail :crossmark:
Sharman the new stkilda trial fwd perhaps.? not bad at those odds.

battle trialled forward= fail :crossmark:
long trialled forward= fail :crossmark:
Sharman the new stkilda trial fwd perhaps.? not bad at those odds.
Can I just say thank * Ben Long has been dropped. Wasted way too much money on that plonker the past 6 weeks thinking he was "due" for a big game. Never came close. Sharman won't let us down though....

Also, I could have sworn Jacob Townsend had retired/was delisted like 2 years ago. Surprised to see him still on an afl list and amongst the ins. Still remember that 6 goal game from him late in the 2017 season... would've been a nice price.

I'd caution anyone backing Taranto for a goal or two this week with Hopper & Green out I'd expect a return to the midfield.

Anyhow I'm going early but my SGM this week, or the one I see value in anyway is Hawks/Pies:
Wingard ATG = 7/13
Scrimshaw 20+ = 10/15 (excluding sub/injury affected games)
Sidebottom 25+ = 9/18

@7.50 power play (Lads)

1.5u - Geelong 1-39 - $2.46 - Betfair

2u - Zach Tuohy under 24.5 disposals - $1.89 - SB

2.5u - Cam Guthrie under 30.5 disposals - $1.91 - PointsBet
Guthrie certainly hasn’t been smashing this number going under in 10/17 games. Attended a season low CBAs last week which is highlighting the potential of being rested or shifted around the field. De Boer comes in for the Giants so he also finds himself with a potential tag at points tonight. Few things stacked against him which makes the unders the play.

2.5u - Toby Greene 2+ goals - $1.80 - TAB
1u - Toby Greene 3+ goals - $3.60 - SB
10/15 on 2+ and 6/15 for 3+. This blokes season has been a bit underrated, he puts his team on his back almost every week and tries to will them over the line. Is not shy of taking a shot at goal with a massive 73 scoring shots this season. As the season has progressed we’ve seen that Geelong have been vulnerable to the small/mid forwards at time and Toby is in the absolute top tier of this category. Has kicked 10.3 in his last three matches against the Cats.

2.5u - Matt De Boer 15+ disposals - $1.85 - 365
Matt De Boer has had his role changed and shuffled around a bit this year. He started the season off as a ragged and then was moved into a pressure forward role. He rejoins the side after the injuries to Hopper and Green and gets named in the centre. This could spell a potential run with role tonight, or even better a midfield role where he can hunt down his own ball. As a midfielder/tagger he was clearing this in a very consistent basis. In 2019 he cleared this in 14/19 games, in 2018 11/15 games.

4u - Dion Prestia over 24.5 disposals - $1.95 - TopSport
Was a bit surprised to see us still given this price after he burst back into the scene with a 31 disposal game last week. Is Richmond’s accumulator, could see this one passed in the third quarter.

2.5u - Mathew Parker AGS - $2 - Ladbrokes
1u - Mathew Parker 2+ goals - $5.50 - PointsBet
0.5u - Matthew Parker 3+ goals - $20 - SB
Preempted last week that he’d play through the midfield but ended up spending a lot more time forward than predicted. Provided a bit of a spark that almost got Richmond across the line and ended the game with 2.2. Looks set to continue his role in the forward line.

2.5u - Franklin 3+ goals - $2.09 - TopSport
Soft St Kilda backline that has allowed McKay (5.2), Darling (3.0), Kennedy (3.0), Geogiades (4.0) to all kicks goals on them over the last three weeks. The accuracy of all these guys also highlights the types of shots the Saints are giving up. A nice one to be on as he hunts down that 1000th goal.

2.5u - Cam Guthrie under 30.5 disposals - $1.91 - PointsBet
Guthrie certainly hasn’t been smashing this number going under in 10/17 games. Attended a season low CBAs last week which is highlighting the potential of being rested or shifted around the field. De Boer comes in for the Giants so he also finds himself with a potential tag at points tonight. Few things stacked against him which makes the unders the play.
who do you like to win grp 1 if guthrie gets tagged / goes low? Whitfield/danger?
1628235849057.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3u - Taranto 25+ disposals - $1.85 - 365

Some late team news has steered me to this one. Role has been different recently but would be absolutely bizarre not to see him in the midfield tonight. Has gone 14/19 this season. The last few weeks his CBAs and midfield time has taken a hit as he’s been pushed forward. On the weekend we saw injuries to Green and Hopper; both of these guys provide a fair bit of grunt and win a fair share of contested possession for the giants (#1 and #2), now news has just come in that Kelly who has been their number one CBA player over the last few weeks will be a late out (ranked 4 for contested possessions). Taranto over the season is the number 3 ranked contested possession player for the Giants and his work around the ball will be required against a Cats team that needs a massive effort around the contest to be knocked of their perch.

Some late team news has steered me to this one. Role has been different recently but would be absolutely bizarre not to see him in the midfield tonight. Has gone 14/19 this season. The last few weeks his CBAs and midfield time has taken a hit as he’s been pushed forward. On the weekend we saw injuries to Green and Hopper; both of these guys provide a fair bit of grunt and win a fair share of contested possession for the giants (#1 and #2), now news has just come in that Kelly who has been their number one CBA player over the last few weeks will be a late out (ranked 4 for contested possessions). Taranto over the season is the number 3 ranked contested possession player for the Giants and his work around the ball will be required against a Cats team that needs a massive effort around the contest to be knocked of their perch.

Over 24.5 is $2 with PB you should be able to cash out the bet365 one for 100% return

I like the idea, think Taranto is a 28-30 disposal per game player if given full midfield minutes. However, he is playing against the Cats which concedes the least disposals to opposition than any club.

Probably brings the expected disposal count to 25-27. I see a little value, hence have a tiny stake on Taranto to reach 25 touches, but I can definitely see Taranto not reaching the disposal count as well.

god all those giants outs could be an ugly one, so who we feeling for a few goals from them then, also they got alot of defenders in which one of em is playing forward

Hawkins 3+
Rohan 2+
Holmes 1+
Ratugolea 1+
Danger 1+
Close 1+
@16.25

Holmes 2,3 @5, 15

Riccardi 2,3,4 @3,50, 10, 36

O'Halloran 1,2 @4.20, 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back