AFL 2021 AFL Round 3

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Had my mouse over the cash out but let it ride
Guthrie deserves a statue made of him.
Geelong will make finals again and will be out just as fast, they looked shithouse all game.

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
Miers 2
Hawkins 2
Bruest 2
Lewis

@10.83 lads
80 on

Also nibbles at Ceglar 3, 4+ @13/51 pointsbet. Given how short Geelong's forward line is I'd like to think they wouldn't need Ceglar down there much.
And Miers does me in for 800. Kicks one in the first 5 minutes, has one cleared off the line and then starts playing possum in the midfield. I hope that campaigner wakes up with a 2 metre brown snake in his sheets.

ASP3X

Debutant
Mar 28, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What a horrendous week.

Chad get 1.3 and that last one should never have been called touched by the goal umpire.

Tuohy only gets 17 touches, while Duncan has a field day.

Glad this week of football is over. Took a bashing on the punt -13u this week. Would have been saved if Chad got 2 and Touhy >20.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
Geelong going to be struggling this season with these new rules and longer quarters . This slow style of footy works well in short quarters but a common denominator in their 3 games this season has been weak 2nd halves.

Teams seem to be overrunning them.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
In terms of attractiveness of the game, this game was an ugly game for the neutral to watch.

2.5 out of 10 in terms of spectator viewing. I know the coaches have got this 'win at all cost mentality' but Cats didn't show much dare in that victory.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a horrendous week.

Chad get 1.3 and that last one should never have been called touched by the goal umpire.

Tuohy only gets 17 touches, while Duncan has a field day.

Glad this week of football is over. Took a bashing on the punt -13u this week. Would have been saved if Chad got 2 and Touhy >20.

Pretty sure the ball deviated. Palmed it

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong's summer of recruits: Jeremy Cameron, Higgins, Isaac Smith and Razor Ray.

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 6.19.52 pm.png

Aug 3, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
well.... what a terrible end to the weekend...
wingard got 1.3g n but not 2.
lewis got 2.1g but not 3.
hawkins got 2.4g but not 3.
brockman got 1g but not 2.
hardwick got to 18 disposals not 20.
miers got 1.2 but not 2.
mitchell got hard tagged = lost most disposals
And evans + higgins got injured. im sure there are others.
shove that aside. Onto rnd 4.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Geelong going to be struggling this season with these new rules and longer quarters . This slow style of footy works well in short quarters but a common denominator in their 3 games this season has been weak 2nd halves.

Teams seem to be overrunning them.

Round 1 was the opposite - they kicked 8 2nd half goals to Adelaides 4 and Adelaide were holding on for the siren.

well.... what a terrible end to the weekend...
wingard got 1.3g n but not 2.
lewis got 2.1g but not 3.
hawkins got 2.4g but not 3.
brockman got 1g but not 2.

hardwick got to 18 disposals not 20.
miers got 1.2 but not 2.
mitchell got hard tagged = lost most disposals
And evans + higgins got injured. im sure there are others.
shove that aside. Onto rnd 4.
If those campaigners just got one more, I would have been happy. In fact if only one of them did and kicked two more, it would have been awesome end of the round.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As opposed to Koschitzke, Lewis, Ceglar, Brockman, Breust (best days are well and truly behind him), Wingard (returning from interrupted preseason) and a Moore/Phillips wing type. They kicked the 3rd lowest score of the season (lowest excluding North) and Geelong have been about equal for Richmond for the past 3 seasons for stingy defences - apart from Stewart they don't have many big names but they don't concede much.

I think if Geelong kick 10 goals it'll be enough to win.

Didn't bet on this call but wish I did. Hawks easy to beat for any team capable of defending.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just finished watching the replay (I sleep in very very late).

That was a difficult one to watch.

I need to stop betting on Cats matches so I can stop watching them.

Not that clarko was blameless for that. What a shemozzle.

Lewis could have easily had 4.

The bets were solid.
Missed a fairly easy shot on goal, and had one taken away from him when his teammate played advantage.

I had a lot riding on 3+, and he ends on 2.1

I stand by the bet, even though it hurts to once again get so close but yet so far.

Last edited:
Missed a fairly easy shot on goal, and had one taken away from him when his teammate played advantage.

I had a lot riding on 3+, and he ends on 2.1

I stand by the bet, even though it hurts to once again get so close but yet so far.
Had Clarko followed our game plan on here, the Hawks would have won. But what does he really know.....

Lewis was not used at FF really till the 2nd half it felt like.

As I said, genuinely believed the bet was game on, with those odds and the chances he had, it really could have been a great train to be on.

Punters were really on the end of a few "unlucky" calls in particular Chad's goal at the end.

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Had Clarko followed our game plan on here, the Hawks would have won. But what does he really know.....

Lewis was not used at FF really till the 2nd half it felt like.

As I said, genuinely believed the bet was game on, with those odds and the chances he had, it really could have been a great train to be on.

Punters were really on the end of a few "unlucky" calls in particular Chad's goal at the end.
That was definitely touched. I could see the ball change angle/trajectory in the last replay they showed. As much as I wanted a goal, it wasn’t one

Back