AFL 2021 AFL Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Pointsbet's 'Billy's best' special actually looks alright this week. Carlton to win and Naughton, Mckay and Walker to combine for 9+ goals @ $8. Reckon the goals combo is more likely than not to get up given Walker and Mckay alone could easily get 7+ between them given the oppostion they are up against this week.

I quite like the Dogs/Dogs to cover the line.
It's only 11.5 points.

Suns at $1.85 H2H also looks okay against the Blues, but as others have said Carlton are hard to tip.

I also don't mind the Demons against the Cats, Melbourne is $2.10 and the Cats early season form doesn't impress me at all. They should be 1-2 at best and could easily be 0-3.

Pointsbet's 'Billy's best' special actually looks alright this week. Carlton to win and Naughton, Mckay and Walker to combine for 9+ goals @ $8. Reckon the goals combo is more likely than not to get up given Walker and Mckay alone could easily get 7+ between them given the oppostion they are up against this week.
You are effectively paying $4 odds for Walker,Mckay and Naughton to kick 9+, with the Blues at ~$2 for SU.

Throwing up a couple more early plays. Expecting some movement on these as the week progresses.

🦢🦢Sydney vs Essendon 💣 💣
3u - Over 175.5 - $1.88 - SB
Sydney Total match scores: 219, 209, 189
Essendon Total match scores: 183, 184, 211
Swans are ranked #1 for marks inside 50, whilst bombers are ranked #2 (behind the Roos) for giving up marks inside 50 this generally will indicate we can expect plenty of set shots for the swans in this match up. Both teams are playing with pace and rank highly in effective disposal and disposal efficiency meaning both teams are moving the ball with quality. Our first look at the SCG saw an absolute shootout with a massive 64 scoring shots which is a season high and well above the season average. I think with both teams struggling to deal with height, but having inform big men sitting in their forward lines, these new rules should bode perfectly to playing on the short SCG with each side looking to transition with speed.

🌞🌞Gold Coast vs Carlton 🔵🔵
2.5u - Carlton SU - $1.91 - TopSport
Grabbing the blues before they get backed into favourites. Carlton played in an inspiring win on the weekend, with plenty of players performing well. An excellent performance to get their season rolling. At the moment the suns are in a bit of a hole, with the injury list increasing the side lacks size and muscle. With Harry McKay beginning to find his straps along with Cripps displaying a performance that puts the injury concerns to rest it begins to become concerning for the suns. It looks to be a tough night for the Suns going into this one with no notable ruckman and having to battle it out with the likes of Cripps and Walsh getting first service. Carlton looked to bully the Dockers on the weekend and I believe they’ll attempt to do it again to the Suns.

0.25u on Dusty to kick 5+ @$101 (SB)

Super long shot obvs, but given he kicked 5+ three times in 2018 & 2019 (including 5 goals in a loss against the crows in adelaide in rd 2 2018), $101 seems like overs. Probably a 1 in 40 type event imo.

Is only $17 on Lads for context.

Rest of the stops on the Dusty train:

2+ @2.75 (SB)
3+ @7 (SB)
4+ @21 (SB)

Seem okay too, but not as obviously out as $101 for 5+

Jack Billings has kicked a goal every game so far this year including 2 last week. Against the Eagles tall backline it wouldn't surprise to see Billings being fed some handballs outside 50 to have a ping.

Billings 2+ @ $7 sb
Billings 3+ @ $26
Billings 4+ @ $101

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liking Sydney/Ess overs and Carlton/GC unders, night game at GC, think GC will struggle to score and they also may want a scrap.
Can we trust Melbourne yet? all sides they have beaten haven't shown much, hard game to pick, think pies should defeat GWS easily with their outs.

Liking Sydney/Ess overs and Carlton/GC unders, night game at GC, think GC will struggle to score and they also may want a scrap.
Can we trust Melbourne yet? all sides they have beaten haven't shown much, hard game to pick, think pies should defeat GWS easily with their outs.
My only concern with the Syd/Ess overs is there is predicted rain in Sydney on early Thursday morning. So it might make the ground a bit heavy under foot.

The unders/overs for Sydney and Essendon is currently at
Under 177.5 pts $1.88 v $1.88 Over 177.5 pts

PointsBet special on the Swans v Bombers game

Isaac Heeney and Franklin to combine for 4+ Goals combined: $2.50

personally think it comes through. I was one of the guys that wrote Buddy Franklin off for being too old, too slow, too fat and counting too much of his money. He proved me wrong in Adelaide.

With 947 career goals, surely its just a matter of time now before he gets to the 1000 mark?

Would love to see a bookie offer that option, when or if he gets there.

Here are my odds on him or if he gets to 1000 Goals?

In 2021: $1.86
In 2022: $3.55
In 2023 or beyond: $8
He will retire and not reach 1000 Goals/Never: $16

Grabbing a Tom Papley ticket
2+ $2.05
3+ $4.25
4+ $11
TAB

PointsBet special on the Swans v Bombers game

Isaac Heeney and Franklin to combine for 4+ Goals combined: $2.50

personally think it comes through. I was one of the guys that wrote Buddy Franklin off for being too old, too slow, too fat and counting too much of his money. He proved me wrong in Adelaide.

With 947 career goals, surely its just a matter of time now before he gets to the 1000 mark?

Would love to see a bookie offer that option, when or if he gets there.

Here are my odds on him or if he gets to 1000 Goals?

In 2021: $1.86
In 2022: $3.55
In 2023 or beyond: $8
He will retire and not reach 1000 Goals/Never: $16
Gee laying 2021 would be tempting in this mythical market. Hes only playing 12-14 games this year...

i had a degen dream last night that lynch kicked a big bag against port so thats good enough for me to get on the train

3+ @ 2.60 lads
4+ @ 5.20
5+ @ 12
6+ @ 34

hasnt kicked over 3 since the 2019 prelim but surely hes due this week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back