AFL 2021 AFL Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

initial thoughts-
richmond -16.5 - bounce back after 2 losses - good teams bounce back from losses quickly.
wc -17.5 - bounce back at home in perth
port -8.5 - yes port has injuries but are still a better team than carlton.
roos +54.5 v geelong.. seems a large line for geelong to cover? if north do leak an average 2 goals /quarter, they still cover.

Last edited:
Danger, Jeremy Cameron, Parfitt back in next week, slightly offset by Rohan coming back in too but that's some huge firepower.

Duncan and Menegola better for the last couple of match fitness building runs.

Cats will want to get going soon and what better way than beating up North's youngsters by 70 points.

I would be nervous backing cats at a big line, they seem to really like hanging onto the ball and playing a bit slow.

Best bet for me is Adelaide -6.5, Freo has really struggled when travelling, seem to be a different side at home.
Port is tempting but probably want to see the team first, Carlton have been good but I think they are a level below the good sides.

The rest of the lines probably look about right, will be looking for a pies to win first qtr.

Dogs 27.5 line against GC. Blues made the scorelines look flattering kicking 9.16 and should have won by heaps at GCs home track. Witts done for year will hurt GC and Dogs look like a team who are relentless at the moment. Under the roof I'd be surprised if margin isn't 40+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks has said changes will be made . Lose Taylor adams the barometer of the mids concerns over Sidey and degoey but still should play. Of course no bigger change than the Sharks circling Buckley. He won’t be coaching next year and may just get the Nod to blood the kids. Wc -17.5 -18.5 and -20.5. TT,Pinn,and tab

I'd have thought Crows Dockers mite have been closer to even money after the wknd, but I didn't see much of the Freo match (predicted the margin of 15pts, but only in my tipping comp, F%&K!)

Geelong used to drop a game or two every season when their odds were like that, back when they were under Bomber, mite be a bit tricky for them this time round..

initial thoughts-
richmond -16.5 - bounce back after 2 losses - good teams bounce back from losses quickly.
wc -17.5 - bounce back at home in perth
port -8.5 - yes port has injuries but are still a better team than carlton.
roos +54.5 v geelong.. seems a large line for geelong to cover? if north do leak an average 2 goals /quarter, they still cover.

North Melbourne are atrocious and can't run out games. Cats get Danger back but yes it's still a big line. Probably bang on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back