benji21

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2016
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tough round

Games looking to bet on.

Hard to not back the tigers when they are 2.6 but dogs are the best form team with the best performing midfield against a side missing prestia and martin. May go the dogs at the line or maybe a no bet. If tigers lose this, load up on the flag for the tigers.
Liking Crows against GWS, Still not sold on this resurgence of GWS and will back in Adelaide at home
Saints aren't great, hawks aren't great. Take the hawks at the bigger odds, coin flip.
Brisbane outsiders as well, happy to back them as they are moving into a bit of form and port away against a contender will be hard for them.

Confused on

Cant take pies 1.30 favorite with the form they are in. but not keen on backing GC away
Sydney v Geelong,Which geelong turns up?
North v Melb: big line probably about right, will back North with the plus in the 1st quarter.
Dons v Carlton: another which dons will we see the one that wins by 40 or the one that loses by 40

5 Bucks

All Australian
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I didn't watch the Richmond/Melbourne game so didn't see how the Tigers played but I'd argue that every team is allowed a slip up and wake up call early in the season.

To me it looks like a massive overreaction with the odds. Richmond still have their back 7 (-Vlastuin) intact. They still have Lynch and Riewoltd up forward and they still have their smalls who can hit the scoreboard.

Nank should have the edge in the ruck and if you're telling me that a midfield of Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton, Graham, McIntosh and Pickett can't get it done then I'd guess you haven't watched much footy lately.

Caddy should come back in and he's no hack.

Tigers should be even money at worst Vs a Bulldogs team that hasn't beaten anyone of note yet this season and who were neck and neck Vs GWS this week at 3QT.

Already had 4 units on Richmond when they were $1.70 and might look to add more with the +11.5 because it just looks wrong to write them off so easily.

benji21

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2016
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Fremantle
I didn't watch the Richmond/Melbourne game so didn't see how the Tigers played but I'd argue that every team is allowed a slip up and wake up call early in the season.

To me it looks like a massive overreaction with the odds. Richmond still have their back 7 (-Vlastuin) intact. They still have Lynch and Riewoltd up forward and they still have their smalls who can hit the scoreboard.

Nank should have the edge in the ruck and if you're telling me that a midfield of Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton, Graham, McIntosh and Pickett can't get it done then I'd guess you haven't watched much footy lately.

Tigers should be even money at worst Vs a Bulldogs team that hasn't beaten anyone of note yet this season and who were neck and neck Vs GWS this week at 3QT.

Already had 4 units on Richmond when they were $1.70 and might look to add more with the +11.5 because it just looks wrong to write them off so easily.

Agree tigers are a good side, I think they are still the team to beat for the premiership. They are in a slump, they may get out of it next week or it might take a few weeks. I wouldn't put to much into the GWS result, GWS played football Ross Lyon would be proud of for 3 quarters, then when they pulled the trigger to try take the lead the dogs demolished them. With the Tigers in form I would have them 1.7, with them out of form I'd have them 3s. Makes it a tricky game. Essentially you are betting that the Tigers will bounce back which is not a bad bet in the last half decade.

5 Bucks

All Australian
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs beat Collingwood who are s**t, only just beat WC who don't seem to show up for away games, training run Vs North, massive home ground advantage in Ballarat to beat Brisbane, Suns in Victoria and the Giants who fielded the youngest and most inexperienced team any club has put out on the park this year. Their form line is deceptive.

Profphat

Debutant
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone know why west coast is short against Freo?
Our captain is out
Yeo is out
Highly doubt Mcgovern will play. Looks like we cant get the ball out of defence.

1u on Freo
Might put more on later in the week pending lineups.

Anyone know why west coast is short against Freo?
Our captain is out
Yeo is out
Highly doubt Mcgovern will play. Looks like we cant get the ball out of defence.

1u on Freo
Might put more on later in the week pending lineups.
The last time Freo beat West Coast, Tony Abbott was Prime Minister of Australia. :drunk:

5 Bucks

All Australian
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Eagles probably don't even need McGovern considering Freo's forward line. Up the other end will be interesting if Cox misses. Luke Ryan is a gun but a little short so he and Logue might be in for some nightmares.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn

WB midfield is all class and i'd suggest that the Richmond midfield won't get it done.

I do think the Melb game turned when the rain came. Richmond didn't look like they handled the conditions at all.
Caddy looked uninterested in the VFL on Saturday in a 10 goal loss to Casey.
There wasn't a lot of positives to come from that game.
Possible ins are RCD, CCJ, and maybe Rioli jnr.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Logged in thinking I'll back Carlton, they looked good against Brisbane. Looked at the odds and now I think Essendon are the value for sure.

Like Fremantle and Brisbane at H2H prices as well.

Also might back Richmond for no other reason than a hunch.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
if you're telling me that a midfield of Pickett can't get it done then I'd guess you haven't watched much footy lately.
You lost me a bit including this crab in your message. Agree with the sentiment though

They were hopeless on the weekend though. I cant emphasise enough how crap they were and kept just bombing long to nothing. Dusty out is bigger than Dunkley. On form and injuries dogs should be slight favs imo (1.80). Will be a ripper game but if richmond show up like last game theyre losing again

Dogs beat Collingwood who are sh*t, only just beat WC who don't seem to show up for away games, training run Vs North, massive home ground advantage in Ballarat to beat Brisbane, Suns in Victoria and the Giants who fielded the youngest and most inexperienced team any club has put out on the park this year. Their form line is deceptive.
Spoken like a person trying to influence the odds in an attempt to milk the maximum value in backing the Bulldogs.

I do think the Melb game turned when the rain came. Richmond didn't look like they handled the conditions at all.
Caddy looked uninterested in the VFL on Saturday in a 10 goal loss to Casey.
There wasn't a lot of positives to come from that game.
Possible ins are RCD, CCJ, and maybe Rioli jnr.
I gather Tigers fans are pretty chilled and seen how this has played out in the past 3-4 years. Every Club has as their "pivotal" moment to knock off Richmond.

I expect Hardwick will go through an extensive long rebuild process of the Club for the next couple of months. :drunk:

Your final run before September is Freo, North, Giants and Hawks. Tigers will go 4-0 heading into September nothing can be more surer.

Collingwood beat Carlton, everybody says they should Carlton are crap, Essendon beat Collingwood and yet Carlton are favourites??
I don’t understand odds....

Modellers looking to burn cash for the third straight week

Am I missing something but how are the Pies favourites? Honestly I'll be having a small go on GC 40+ in that game that's how awful Collingwood are.

Tigers at the line (at worst) is a great play too

Geelong to win by a bucket too

This has no bet written all over it, can’t trust Essendon or Carlton..

Agreed. Not going near that game, either way it will go bad. Esendon should win but they are coming off a game they can get up for. Blues are horrible at the moment yet always beat Essendon lately. Think the SGM is the way, it's safe but rather just back Merrett or Parish group 1 and be done.

Back