AFL 2021 AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Odds for the WA team in Round 8 look about right for me.

One thing in favour for Freo, is the Lions have only played there 2 times. Watching the Western derby, both teams knew how to play the dimensions of the ground perfectly in the 1st half. I think West Coast will at most lose 1 game or so this year at Perth Stadium to any eastern states team. (They do have the Bulldogs, Demons and Tigers at Perth this year. I'd fancy West Coast to knock all those 3 teams off over there). Dockers weren't bad in the 1st half but that defence couldn't hold up for 4 quarters of football. One player that Freo will be monitoring closely this week is Luke Ryan. He gets the best Brisbane forward this week if he comes back, probably Daniher.

Eagles playing at the MCG suits their game style of all the grounds in the East. I see them winning but not sure by how much. Eagles playing away from home, will be happy with the W, with the margin little concern.

Like the Port -28.5

Coming off a loss up against a Crows team who are very thin in the midfield. Port should overwhelm them out of the middle. Crows lost the clearances 17-41 vs GWS.

Speaking of GWS, they look like a different team this year. Whitfield stepped back in seamlessly and that midfield is still one of the best in the league. Playing with defensive intensity for the first time ever. Hogan up and about, Sam Taylor just about the best key defender in the game at the moment. Should account for the Bombers easily at home. Line should be twice as many points.
Essendon travel terribly, gws in good nick, should cover line

Question marks thrown up about WB and Port over the weekend against good teams. Makes for a good opportunity - angry teams that like to flat track bully weaker teams. Both off bad losses expecting both to respond hard. Carlton gave up 107 points to Essendon. Let's all get on the 6+ trains for Treloar and Vandermeer before the odds get crushed.

Question marks thrown up about WB and Port over the weekend against good teams. Makes for a good opportunity - angry teams that like to flat track bully weaker teams. Both off bad losses expecting both to respond hard. Carlton gave up 107 points to Essendon. Let's all get on the 6+ trains for Treloar and Vandermeer before the odds get crushed.
Treloar that campaigner likes a goal and fulfills the criteria of a selfish goal prick, I saw him running from the centre of the square to like inside 50m to take a shot v Tigers.

Its a pity he doesnt know you have to bounce the ball occasionally when running that far. :drunk:

This Bulldogs defence has a question mark for me. Midfield is their strength but if the ball goes the other way, they are susceptible.

I know Carlton are the underdogs and rightfully so, but I get the weird feeling a shoot-out is their best chance of winning, which is unusual for underdog teams- who best chance of winning are a low scoring scrap against favourites.

If Dogs drop Schache and it could be a cricket score. They're not good enough to go in a player short though, they're not 2017-2020 Richmond carrying Rioli...

Almost hope they don’t cause I’m sensing a Choo Choo train against a horrible side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

harrison jones still decent odds after a breakout 3 goal game and handing off that shot for 4 in the final Q right in front

1.72/5/17/91 on sportsbet
ill wait for the weather forecast but apparently it will be raining in Sydney all of this week including and up until Friday. Saturday its an early morning game. From memory the drainage at the Showgrounds is not too bad. Ill just wait and sit back and assess weather before getting in on goals there.

ill wait for the weather forecast but apparently it will be raining in Sydney all of this week including and up until Friday. Saturday its an early morning game. From memory the drainage at the Showgrounds is not too bad. Ill just wait and sit back and assess weather before getting in on goals there.

spoken like a true non degenerate

Sportsbet Early Under/Over line for this week:

All $1.88 Lines
Richmond v Geelong Under/Over 156.5 pts
GWS V Essendon Under/Over 172.5 pts
Gold Coast v St.Kilda Under/Over 160.5 pts
North Melbourne V Collingwood Under/Over 166.5 pts
Melbourne v Sydney Under/Over 159.5 pts

The lines for the other 4 games to come....

fair point. I'm getting a little bit on now incase odds get smashed in like usual lol

Also a quick glance is we should get good weather in: Melbourne, Perth and Gold Coast this weekend for the games there.

Adelaide will get showers in the morning but clear up in the evening for Saturday. That game for me has all the dangers of being an Under there. So be wary Port line/ and margin backers.

One of the games earlier in the year I had a multi relying on scoring being slowed down in GWS v Saints, but it was never headed for the unders. So I know from first experience the drainage is good in Sydney. Give it around 2-3 hours from the heavy rain and it should be still good enough for scoring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back