AFL 2021 AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really concerned about Bud. They probably play better without him to be honest. Would rather Rampe in. And Mccartin/Blakey

Oh I definitely agree, was just cautioning if you were backing the Swans based on his potential inclusion.

Good ins for Swans. Terrible outs for Melbourne. Tomlinson and Fritsch have been very good. Still think Dees win but should be 2-3 goals, Sydney have been traveling well this season
It is funny as I bet against Swans not that long ago because they had two outs of Heeney and Rampe. Now I want to bet on them in the assumption Rampe is back this week. I do not know if he is for sure but I thought I heard last week when Heeney was coming back, that Rampe was not far behind him of doing the same. Rampe is super important to their backline. Add him in, and Swans a much better team, just as they are with Heeney in the middle and front half. Buddy would be the icing on top if he came back this week. Apparently his knee feeling better than expected.

Than the side that knocked off the Lions in Brisbane, Richmond at the G, and Geelong at the SCG?

I think people are letting the loss to GCS cloud their judgement a bit. Swans were without Hickey who has shown to be a pretty key cog in their set up. Giants result looks much better in the context of them actually putting together a reasonable season, and GCS have picked up substantially too. I don't think a Swans h2h bet is that wild.
Are you taking that personally as a supporter or punter?

I dont disagree with you that Swans SU is a wild bet, I never said it was. In fact I agreed with one poster on here that the Swans should cover the line.

However, one B grade player like Hickey shouldnt lead to a side being dismantled so badly.

I will acknowledged what you said about their GWS loss and yes they probably did take the Suns lightly, but also they should have lost to the Cats and were lucky to get over the line vs the Dons.

Im happy for other non-supporting punters to voice their thoughts?

Not really concerned about Bud. They probably play better without him to be honest. Would rather Rampe in. And Mccartin/Blakey
Going forward I actually think Buddy will be a hindrance to the development of their forward structure.

No issue with him playing, but Sydney are like a one trick pony when he plays, they almost always go to him.

The goal should be scoring goals, not one players scoring all of them, which is what I think the team is doing to get him to the record.

Going forward I actually think Buddy will be a hindrance to the development of their forward structure.

No issue with him playing, but Sydney are like a one trick pony when he plays, they almost always go to him.

The goal should be scoring goals, not one players scoring all of them, which is what I think the team is doing to get him to the record.

Buddy has 11 goals in 3 games for 2 wins and a close loss - he is still their best player by a mile when he lines up on the park.

Are you taking that personally as a supporter or punter?

I dont disagree with you that Swans SU is a wild bet, I never said it was. In fact I agreed with one poster on here that the Swans should cover the line.

However, one B grade player like Hickey shouldnt lead to a side being dismantled so badly.

I will acknowledged what you said about their GWS loss and yes they probably did take the Suns lightly, but also they should have lost to the Cats and were lucky to get over the line vs the Dons.

Im happy for other non-supporting punters to voice their thoughts?

As a punter, I'm pointing out the strong results of the Swans so far this season. A side that currently sit fourth after 7 rounds. I'm just surprised to hear you say that it's 'just' the Swans when they have a strong record of good performances against the bigger sides this season.

Calling Hickey B grade is a call I would have made myself, but if you've watched him at all this season you'd know that's a harsh call. He led the game for contested possessions against Geelong which is just absurd.

It wasn't about taking the Suns lightly, it was having literally no first choice defence, attack, or ruck. McCartin, Rampe, Reid, McDonald, Franklin, Hickey all out in that game against the Suns.

I'm not trying to talk us up with red and white goggles, but I did back us at $5 against the Tigers and that turned out ok.

Exactly. First 3 rounds how good did they look. Buddy back for Round 4 and they just beat Essendon at home then rolled by GWS. His inclusion made a big difference on structure as you said. He played well enough in those 2 games but if I was a Sydney supporter I'd definitely be content with him not playing. Sydney's young core look so good

Buddy has 11 goals in 3 games for 2 wins and a close loss - he is still their best player by a mile when he lines up on the park.

11 goals in one strong win and then a close win and close loss. I think the jury is still out on whether it's the SCG or Buddy that is the bigger hindrance at home.

Exactly. First 3 rounds how good did they look. Buddy back for Round 4 and they just beat Essendon at home then rolled by GWS. His inclusion made a big difference on structure as you said. He played well enough in those 2 games but if I was a Sydney supporter I'd definitely be content with him not playing. Sydney's young core look so good

To be fair he did play Round 2.

I'd like to get your serious opinion on what Teague said after beating a rebuilding Essendon, "we can beat anyone". If I'm a Carlton supporter I hate hearing that after beating the bombers.

As a punter, I'm pointing out the strong results of the Swans so far this season. A side that currently sit fourth after 7 rounds. I'm just surprised to hear you say that it's 'just' the Swans when they have a strong record of good performances against the bigger sides this season.

Squiggle doesn't rate the Swans that highly and tips the Dees by 30 points - that's as an unbiased indicator as you can get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to get your serious opinion on what Teague said after beating a rebuilding Essendon, "we can beat anyone". If I'm a Carlton supporter I hate hearing that after beating the bombers.

Laughable call highlighting how much of a joke of a coach he is. A more accurate call would be 'any team in the league can beat us'

Laughable call highlighting how much of a joke of a coach he is. A more accurate call would be 'any team in the league can beat us'
Yeah he just seems too nice. Think that list thrives under someone like Clarkson. Hiring Woosha was odd too, why would he need an experienced coach to come in after 6 rounds?

Yeah he just seems too nice. Think that list thrives under someone like Clarkson. Hiring Woosha was odd too, why would he need an experienced coach to come in after 6 rounds?
Makes it easier to sack him, say they can say we gave him all the support he needed.

If Teague lost to the Dons, Woosha probably would be coaching Carlton after the mid season break.

Clarkson I think will go to the Pies.

Makes it easier to sack him, say they can say we gave him all the support he needed.

If Teague lost to the Dons, Woosha probably would be coaching Carlton after the mid season break.

Clarkson I think will go to the Pies.
Woosha coaching Carlton. Yuck.

Yeah agree on Clarkson, Buckley will go to the media after this season. Or Ross Lyon. He seems hungry to give it another crack lately. Whoever it is though, Collingwood need some massive changes.

I don't know enough about player development to know how much that is down to the head coach but we haven't been able to develop young talent for 20 years through various head coaches so I doubt replacing the coach would impact that materially - might generate a few extra wins I guess.

Squiggle doesn't rate the Swans that highly and tips the Dees by 30 points - that's as an unbiased indicator as you can get.

Squiggle also had us as a flag contender after 4 rounds.

How has the squiggle gone at predicting results so far this season out of interest?

I don't know enough about player development to know how much that is down to the head coach but we haven't been able to develop young talent for 20 years through various head coaches so I doubt replacing the coach would impact that materially - might generate a few extra wins I guess.
Sounds like EFC

Squiggle also had us as a flag contender after 4 rounds.

How has the squiggle gone at predicting results so far this season out of interest?

Yeah and that's why I said you've fallen off a cliff in recent weeks. Has 43 tips so far this year - was doing really well but bombed last round

Woosha coaching Carlton. Yuck.

Yeah agree on Clarkson, Buckley will go to the media after this season. Or Ross Lyon. He seems hungry to give it another crack lately. Whoever it is though, Collingwood need some massive changes.
They will need an interim coach while finding the new one.

Yeah and that's why I said you've fallen off a cliff in recent weeks. Has 43 tips so far this year - was doing really well but bombed last round

Oh I thought that was just bait.

I'm not sure you can look at the performance against the Cats and suggest the Swans 'were off a cliff' relative to effort in, say, the Bombers game.

Probably a bit much discussion for this board, at the crux of it my point was there's value in taking a small stake on the Swans to win when the odds were > $4. I think they've come in now anyway, but the line is probably still worth looking at.

Oh I thought that was just bait.

I'm not sure you can look at the performance against the Cats and suggest the Swans 'were off a cliff' relative to effort in, say, the Bombers game.

Probably a bit much discussion for this board, at the crux of it my point was there's value in taking a small stake on the Swans to win when the odds were > $4. I think they've come in now anyway, but the line is probably still worth looking at.

Were 30 points down at quarter time and had like 10 less scoring shots - as someone else already suggested complete fluke win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back