AFL 2021 AFL Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be nervous even taking him for 1 goal let alone 2 if he's playing back. Martin won't play forward without Edwards and Bolton. Your call though up to you.
Fair call, I'm operating off the theory that he'd be a like for like in for Sproule & Bruhn. Also he's always played fwd in the seniors & kicked multiples 3/5 last year

There'd always be a TV somewhere with the big game on, away from the rest of the party.

This was just before smartphones and ubiquitous internet. Like a lost time in history.

What I wouldn't give to go back...

As a fellow degenerate, I wish I could go back in time with my mate Marty McFly, imagine knowing all the results of all the games. :$

Back to Future is a classic punting movie in reality. :drunk:

756b85d1-8b79-483c-b074-f9dbc937f2da.jpg

Fair call, I'm operating off the theory that he'd be a like for like in for Sproule & Bruhn. Also he's always played fwd in the seniors & kicked multiples 3/5 last year

You could well be right but I'd want to know where he's playing before I put that sort of bet down personally maybe that's just me.

As a fellow degenerate, I wish I could go back in time with my mate Marty McFly, imagine knowing all the results of all the games. :$

Back to Future is a classic punting movie in reality. :drunk:

756b85d1-8b79-483c-b074-f9dbc937f2da.jpg
The Cubs won the world Series in 'real life' one year after they were supposed to in Back to the Future.

giphy.gif

I feel you. I blame Brouch. F**king campaigner running into an open goal late in the 4th and hits the post.
Some of the misses last night were incredible. Should’ve been 25 points up at 3 Qtr time!
And wtf is with the GC teamsheet... Rankine on-ball? Surely not.
he was named there last week, had 0 centre bounces attendances.. 🤷‍♂️ They do throw him in the guts a bit to change things up though

What have we got today crew! Looking for a cherry ripe, sure thing multi for todays matches.

Sure thing and us around here...

We prefer the Guldens personally

When mouncey2franklin was a wee little kid still playing with train sets, the original G-Train was kicking bags all day, every day.

Unfortunately The G-Train is in need of redevelopment and a rebuild, those pies are not helping mate.

View attachment 1127751
Did you see when he pulled the other pie from nowhere and give it to the lad.
no wrapper on it or anything.
It’s like he had a pile of pies that he was working through.
Classic

Classic

Would still have kicked better than King with 5 beers and 10 pies down

Classic
Smash it Like Orazio must be his philosophy.

Yes I saw that on Fox Footy last night, he was plucking pies out of a bag. I think he has adopted the Stuart Dew diet.

Smash it Like Orazio must be his philosophy.

Yes I saw that on Fox Footy last night, he was plucking pies out of a bag. I think he has adopted the Stuart Dew diet.

Dew would be so proud lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone here has the AFL app, but how does the 'Player Tracking' work? Is it based on players that covered the most km during the match?

I can't seem to find the distance covered by all players, just the Top 5 players that covered most ground during the match.

Hawks getting a lot more of the ball this year relative to their opponents- not necessarily damaging the teams in terms of wins though. The two teams have almost swapped ranked in terms of net differential disposals.

In 2020 and 2021 Net Differential Disposals:

In 2020
North -2.2 Disposals (8th Rank)
Hawks -30.9 Disposals (18th Rank)

In 2021
North -51.0 Disposals (18th Rank)
Hawks +8.1 Disposals (6th Rank)

Hawks get more of the ball today, and can see Tom Mitchell having a high disposal count today.

Not much value but Roos don't really pay a tagger, so AFL Fantasy points for Mitchell 120+ pts, is paying 2.20 at Ladbrokes.

5u - Sydney/Hawthorn/Brisbane - $2.37 - 365
Not ultra keen on backing any of these teams at the line, but think they all just win. In short:
-Sydney on the way up, Collingwood way too inexperienced and probably the worst pies side we’ve seen in years.
-Clarkson will not allow his side to lose this. Took competitive of a coach. Hawks still got enough quality to get the job done with ease. As shown the Roos can get belted in a quarter or two and seem to have no engine.
-Q clash, Brisbane continue to assert their dominance as top Queensland side. Looking to win their fifth game in a row and have shown they can get it done without neale. Expect their forward line to really trouble the suns. Miller a big out for the suns, and Sexton looks to have been dropped to poor form. Brisbane win the match ups all over the ground.

3.5u - Pendlebury under 26.5 disposals - $1.80 - Ladbrokes
Played forward last week and by all reports playing forward again. Only cleared this 3 times this season and coming up against the swans who are restrictive in giving up disposals.

2.5u - Kennedy over 23.5 disposals - $1.83 - Ladbrokes
Cleared 3 times, landed on 22 3 times. Those 22 disposal games coming in tough match ups. His match up today give up the 2nd most disposals in the comp and has seen a huge amount of players go 30+.

2u - Mitchell over 34.5 disposals - $1.87 - 365
Kangas giving up the most disposals in the comp, this guy is the biggest ball magnet in the comp. No tag to fear.

2.5u - Anderson over 24.5 disposals - $1.87 - 365
His role has chopped and changed slightly throughout the year moving from inside to outside roles. With Miller out this week I seen him spending more time in the guts and around the ball whilst Atkins comes in and plays more of an outside role.

5u - Ward, Cumming 20+ disposals - $2- SB
Ward is playing on the ball and getting a high clip of the Giants CBAs. Richmond are getting smashed in the contested possessions and with their midfield today, I expect that to continue. For Cumming it’s simple, he has the most rebounds for GWS, GWS are the 3rd highest rebounding team, whilst Richmond are giving up the most. He takes kick outs and has a great leg on him, is 7/8 on this.

3u - Dixon 2+ goals - $2.10 - TopSport
1u - Dixon 3+ goals - $4.30 - TopSport
0.5u - Dixon 4+ goals - $11 - TopSport
0.25u -Dixon 5+ goals - $29 - TopSport
Doggies backline is really undersized and not strong in the one on ones. This is probably their one weak spot and the area that causes problems for them. Dixon is arguably the most imposing figure in the comp and will look to be the one that has a big night.

I will stick to what I said earlier in the week, this Kangaroos team is the best chance of an underdog upset this week. Fancy some of the Roo players to get on the goalkicking list today in what seems like a perfect surface for footy- judging from the Hawks/Crows game earlier in the year.

Can see Mitchell getting a lot of the ball similar to last week (41 disposals) but it won't necessarily win them the game.

SGM
North Melbourne to Win
Over 160.5 pts
Mitchell 35+ Disposals
Goldstein 15+ Disposals

Odds: $29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back