AFLW 2021 AFLW Grand Final: Adelaide Crows vs Brisbane Lions - Saturday 17th April, 1.30pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Winner and margin:

• Adelaide, 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane, 15-29 points

• Brisbane, 30+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have not heard this before.
What is your evidence that women have slower reaction times to men?

There are quite a number of peer review studies into this but I find this one one of the most interesting in that the difference is insignificant in childhood, marginal in adolescence but as you move into adulthood the gap widens.

Congrats to Brisbane.

Got to ask- why do you think attendance was only 22k (max 40k allowed under covid rules). Im aware they got 55k or so at the gf in adelaide in 2019.
Surely it wasnt the nominal ticket cost, was it poor weather? Or too late in the year? Any thoughts?
I saw some comments critical of the AFL scheduling of the GF on the basis they had ensured it would only get about 20k.

Lots of footy leagues started this weekend. AFLW is followed by lots of young families, with kids that play, and lots of woman that play.

They were all at games on Saturday, and not at the GF.

I don't know the SA footy scene well enough to comment. But the criticism was, crowd will only be about 20, which was on the money.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are quite a number of peer review studies into this but I find this one one of the most interesting in that the difference is insignificant in childhood, marginal in adolescence but as you move into adulthood the gap widens.

Remembering that people that excel at a sport requiring reaction times will sit at the far end of the distribution curve. Though men's and women's distribution curves are different.

So it's fair to say,their reactions are slower than male AFLW reaction times.

It's also true that reactions can be trained. If you practice a reflex handball in a pro setting, repeatedly, your ability to pull of a fast reflex handball improves.

Men have more training time per season, by quite some margin. So the cleaner pressure skills also reflect practice time, not just raw reflex time. This can be improved.

I look at Georgia Gee. Her ability to get a handball out quickly in congestion is up there with the men.

But the real secret is, view the game for what it is. If someone is taking a shot from distance, I never think "a male player could kick that far". If it goes over her head, I never think, a guy would have reached that. If a player fends of and breaks through a tackle, it would never occur to me to think, she couldn't have done that if a man tackled her.

Some people seem unable to watch women's footy without constantly thinking those sort of things.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back