AFLW 2021 AFLW Grand Final Adelaide v Brisbane 2pm (Melb time) Sat April 17

Remove this Banner Ad

1618384749073.png
Likely teams:

Chelsea Randall will unfortunately miss through concussion while Irishwoman and 2019 Premiership Player Ailish Considine is a strong chance to regain her place in the team.

I can't see Brisbane having to make any changes to its winning lineup.

ADELAIDE

B:
A.Foley 3 M.Rajcic 32
HB: N.Allen 8 S.Allan 39 S.Thompson 14
C: T.Charlton 25 E.Phillips 13 J.Mules 23
HF: R.Martin 5 D.Ponter 15 C.Scheer 4
F: A.Woodland 24 E.Jones 2
Foll: R.Metcalfe 11 E.Marinoff 10 A.Hatchard 33
I/C: C.Gould 1 D.Varnhagen 9 A.Considine 16 D.Cox 31 H.Button 6

In: A.Considine 16
Out: C.Randall 26 (Concussion)

BRISBANE

B:
E.Zielke - C 8 S.Campbell 20
HB: K.Lutkins 13 N.Grider 10 B.Koenen 3
C: O.O'Dwyer 9 C.Svarc 25 S.Conway 12
HF: G.Bodey 15 D.Davidson 14 L.Arnell 16
F: J.Wardlaw 30 C.Hodder 21
Foll: T.Hickie 24 A.Anderson 18 E.Bates 1
I/C: I.Tahau 26 J.Ellenger 5 I.Dawes 17 J.Wuetschner 23 T.Smith 31

No change

Key Players - Adelaide:

At first glance, with so many great players its hard to know where to start with Adelaide but that lasted all of 10 seconds before the obvious kicked in.

1618386634619.png
Erin Phillips - In my mind the best player to play AFLW. 35 years of age and just as dangerous as ever. Freak. Had a sensational basketball career but Erin was born to play AFL. Bit like Dusty in that she has the competition spooked before they step across the boundary line. Only non Tiger player that I go out of my way to watch live even if Richmond aren't playing.

1618386425182.png
Anne Hatchard - After 2017 and 2018 and a self confessed fast food addict she was at risk of being cut and then she turned up to 2019 preseason and her own team mates didn't even recognise her. Simply a jet now and a massive reason why Adelaide are such a strong side. Can play anywhere and have an impact.

1618387440117.png
Ebony Marinoff - This girl is just a machine. Coming off a 35 disposal game in the Prelim Final. In 40 AFLW games she has returned double figure tackles in no less than 15 of those games including a 21 tackle game. Quite simply she averages 20.5 disposals a game and a tick under 9 tackles so she hunts the ball and if you have it she will hunt you.

Key Players - Brisbane:

Hard to pick the standouts as Brisbane are just a mighty team but there are a couple of players that will help Brisbane get over the line if they have good games.

1618388078325.png
Courtney Hodder - Only 20, in her first season of AFLW and stands at 155cm but wow there is a little bit of magic about Courtney. Won't need to get the ball much to have an impact and already has goal of the year in the bag I reckon. If she's on Brisbane's chances go up enormously.

1618388517948.png
Dakota Davidson - Nothing finer in our great game than seeing big strong tall forwards kicking goals and Dakota has been hitting the scoreboard with regularity kicking 18.8 for the season. If she is up and about you can bet that so will be Brisbane.

1618388900127.png
Orla O'Dwyer - This Sydney-born Lion from Tipperary has has been good after moving to the wing this year. Probably not one that most would pick to be influential in the GF but whenever Brisbane needs a bit of a lift she is often there to give them a boost. Kicked a goal from nothing last week in the Prelim in a close game and if I was going to pick a dark horse to play a hell of a GF for Brisbane it might just be Orla.

TIP:
Everyone (including me) kept writing Brisbane off this year and they just kept proving us wrong. They just continually found a way to get the job done and it would not shock me if this was also the case this week...but.... Adelaide at home in a GF??? I just can't see the Crows being beaten. This will be a classic case of a team of stars vs a star team and I think the stars will get Adelaide over the line by 19 pts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that goal from Isabel Dawes will probably be the game... up by 22 with only a quarter to go... umpire was forced to pay the high free on an obvious high tackle like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back