Women's Footy 2021 AFLW Off-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

7 list spots to fill, with only 3 academy girls really spoken about as potential draftees.

Makes you wonder if we have any delisted free agents lined up, or other sport code jumpers in the works.

I can’t think of any academy girls who have been unlucky not to get drafted recently.
I wouldn't mind getting Cranston ex Geelong. I never saw her play at Catland but remember her causing a bit of havoc with her bulk and strength when at the Dees. A big body player or two is probably an area we are lacking. Good for our depth if she is getting long in the tooth. Could replace Lauren on HFF as well as add another experienced head. AFL.com says she is currently playing well in the local league.

All a bit odd given we've had 7 spots to fill.
Well there are 5 Lions academy girls and 2 QAFLW women participating in the AFLW draft combine, as part of the QLD attendees.

There’s also always the chance of adding another Irish import, cross code jumper or delisted free agent to the list.

Well there are 5 Lions academy girls and 2 QAFLW women participating in the AFLW draft combine, as part of the QLD attendees.

There’s also always the chance of adding another Irish import, cross code jumper or delisted free agent to the list.

True. I was thinking back to last year when we only took the one Qlder, but then I suppose the year before we took eight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe people Emilys age in a place like Queensland could still not be aware of the threat of skin cancer growing up.

On a more serious note I'm worried for Batesy. Constantly removing cancers can only mean the Big C is more likely to become a thing, yes?
I’ve never heard of skin cancer being linked to any other form of cancer.

So I did a quick dr google search, and it appears to be a thing, if you’re skin cancer is of a certain type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back