Women's Footy 2021 AFLW Off-Season

21George

Debutant
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Maroochydore is a good facility for players. Not great for fans for sight or shade. They'll get plenty and enough local support but not a lot of actual Brisbane fans tra
Hope they install plenty of shadecloth.
They do not have enough but at least there will be a sea breeze I guess

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Maroochydore is a good facility for players. Not great for fans for sight or shade. They'll get plenty and enough local support but not a lot of actual Brisbane fans tra

They do not have enough but at least there will be a sea breeze I guess

I can't believe the amount of whinging from Brisbane fans. It's only for one very short season and it won't be for the entirety of that. No wonder other fanbases think we're all a pack bandwagoners. Absolutely pathetic!

I can't believe the amount of whinging from Brisbane fans. It's only for one very short season and it won't be for the entirety of that. No wonder other fanbases think we're all a pack bandwagoners. Absolutely pathetic!
Do you think that Collingwood fans would complain if their Women’s team got move to Geelong for the year?

I'm not sure how you coincide supporters being passionate about where the team plays with said supporters being bandwagoners.

Actual bandwagoners won't bother complaining about where a game is played, they just don't show up.

thedaz

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal
It feels like a bit of a weird decision. They win the premiership then move their ground outside of the city away from the people who are most likely going to turn up every fortnight for the matches.

I love the AFLW team but I can't fathom a three hour trip with kids to the sunny coast to watch the matches - it's just too much of an ask.

Don't know why they just didn't rotate around local grounds - hickey park, coorparoo etce tc.

Lol

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
It feels like a bit of a weird decision. They win the premiership then move their ground outside of the city away from the people who are most likely going to turn up every fortnight for the matches.

I love the AFLW team but I can't fathom a three hour trip with kids to the sunny coast to watch the matches - it's just too much of an ask.

Don't know why they just didn't rotate around local grounds - hickey park, coorparoo etce tc.

There was a video of Bree explaining why the girl's home games were not going to be at local grounds this season.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I'm not sure how you coincide supporters being passionate about where the team plays with said supporters being bandwagoners.

Actual bandwagoners won't bother complaining about where a game is played, they just don't show up.

Passionate implies you will turn up where ever the team plays, no questions asked. Instead a lot of Brisbane fans are sooking about have to go up the coast for a few games. Like I said in an earlier post, the season's not that long and home games are even less so there's no need for the whinging. I'm not aiming this comment at just anybody here either, I'm talking about the reactions I've seen on fb and insta.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Passionate implies you will turn up where ever the team plays, no questions asked. Instead a lot of Brisbane fans are sooking about have to go up the coast for a few games. Like I said in an earlier post, the season's not that long and home games are even less so there's no need for the whinging. I'm not aiming this comment at just anybody here either, I'm talking about the reactions I've seen on fb and insta.

This seems to be bordering on a sort of creepy, obsession with womens footy

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Curious if you have kids or not?

I can be as passionate as I like, but family and work comes first.

Even though I have a season ticket to the mens team, I only got to 3 games last season.

Passionate implies you will turn up where ever the team plays, no questions asked.
Nah, that's rubbish. That's the logic that was being mooted for games being hosted at Springfield instead of the Gabba - after all, we should just turn up regardless, right?

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Curious if you have kids or not?

I can be as passionate as I like, but family and work comes first.

Even though I have a season ticket to the mens team, I only got to 3 games last season.

No kids.

Nah, that's rubbish. That's the logic that was being mooted for games being hosted at Springfield instead of the Gabba - after all, we should just turn up regardless, right?

Of course we should!

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lol. When the club's teams play, I get myself there if possible. You make it sound like being into the women's league is a bad thing. I guess it would be to a certain type.

So only "if possible" and if the game is an extra couple of hours away and that makes it less possible for people to free up time then you'd have no issue with that?

Your previous posts made it seem more like if you don't drop everything to go then you're a bandwagoner

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
So only "if possible" and if the game is an extra couple of hours away and that makes it less possible for people to free up time then you'd have no issue with that?

Your previous posts made it seem more like if you don't drop everything to go then you're a bandwagoner

When I say "only if possible" I'm talking interstate travel not a couple of hours up the road.

I didn't support the Bears when they didn't play out of Brisbane.

I have some sympathy for Lions management because I don't think they had many options and clearly they are marking time until they get a permanent home.

But I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be dissatisfied with the decision to move their team away from the home city. It is kinda a big deal for some.

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I didn't support the Bears when they didn't play out of Brisbane.

I have some sympathy for Lions management because I don't think they had many options and clearly they are marking time until they get a permanent home.

But I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be dissatisfied with the decision to move their team away from the home city. It is kinda a big deal for some.
I supported the Bears but only went to 1 game at Carrarra that was a disaster experience. Changed immediately when they moved to Brisbane.

I supported the Bears but only went to 1 game at Carrarra that was a disaster experience. Changed immediately when they moved to Brisbane.

THEN YOU'RE NOT A REAL SUPPORTER!!!!!!!!

;)

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking forward to seeing the girls run out this year and defend the title. Will be even better when they are playing out of Springfireld every second week.

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat

Fixture out start season in Perth with home games against Carlton,Cats,Pies,Demons,Roos. Also play the Saints for the first time next year.

Fixture out start season in Perth with home games against Carlton,Cats,Pies,Demons,Roos. Also play the Saints for the first time next year.
Thread has already been created for this topic :)

Back