Women's Footy 2021 AFLW Preliminary Final: Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t what a win! And what a game! it was so great to see the girls dig so deep to earn themselves the granny spot. Wasn't it great how excited belle Dawes was too!

Cathy svarc has really put it all together the past two games, what a huge performance. And dacks! pure class! ally Anderson does not get the credit she deserves but she was huge today.

God that was exciting. it was so good yo be able to watch the game at the gabba too. what a great day!

Anyone at the game know what the crowd number was?
None of the match reports that I read have it listed.

The only area for the crowd was from the Cricketers Club round to roughly where the old social club used to be on Stanley st side on the lower level.
Chairmans circle/ Captains Club area full and the lower level noted above pretty full.
Maybe 100 people in the Cricketers Club.
All up Maybe 4500-5000 people but thats my guess.
Still pretty vocal for the Lions though.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Koenen was huge. Hickie is one of the most underrated players in the comp and had a great game. Campbell was awesome. O'Dwyer had one of her best games and proved herself a real weapon. I do not care what the stat sheet says Svarc well and truly had the better of Davey, and was getting some treatment from the pies girls as they knew she was on top. Love watching our girls but am sick of the one sided commentary. Ally, Daks and Lutsy also had big games. Always great to beat the pies.

annoyingly was kept busy all day so couldn't watch the mens or this match. I think i'll choose this one to watch as a replay ;)

so happy for the girls. 3rd times the charm right!??

wow!

My prediction of Svarc being great was spot on. The determination she plays with is so great to watch. Wish some of the boys could get some of that from her or something ;) (i mean, have you seen on of the Lions tackle two players at once? that was a wide bear-hug :D)
Campbell is a freaking beast. Love her run and carry
Anderson so consistent this year
also Arnell. I wasn't too excited on her when we traded her in (mostly to me not paying attention to individual players from other clubs), but wowee what a great player she is. So incredibly smart and can just position herself to get the most out of the contest over and over.
Don't know enough about Davidson to know her history, but by golly I wish we've had her since the first season. Hard at it and a consistent improver week after week.

what a match!

if we're switched on and don't allow some of those loose goals to slip through like we have in the last few games, I think we can really take the championship.

golly I am excited

edit: man I miss match threads, a great release of excitement.
also that running too far call in the 3rd on svarc was bs. I counted 10 steps. maybe 11. And then the brutal body knock on Bodie from behind just as the whistle is paid?
umps called it the wrong way at first, so who knows what was going on.. certainly not me

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know enough about Davidson to know her history, but by golly I wish we've had her since the first season. Hard at it and a consistent improver week after week.

If you want to get an idea of daks work ethic take a look at one of the games from last season after she got the call up from UQ - she obviously had good instincts but did not seem like she would have the athleticism and fitness to be a top tier forward at aflw level.

The amount of work she must put in to transform herself into the high work rate, full field playing tackling and goal scoring machine she has been this season in a single off-season would have been huge. Great she got to come up big in a home prelim

Crowd numbers for both games

Lions v Pies: 4435 - Gabba
Crows v Demons: 6382 - Adelaide Oval

Much better crowd than i expected (predicted 1000 or less)
Link below

Crowd numbers for both games

Lions v Pies: 4435 - Gabba
Crows v Demons: 6382 - Adelaide Oval

Much better crowd than i expected (predicted 1000 or less)
Link below

Those of us who follow the women's team knew you'd be wrong.

Crows captain Chelsea Randall to miss GF due to concussion in preliminary final win over Demons
Unlucky for her and the Crows but does make our task easier

No it doesn't. Phillips, Hatchard, and Marinoff (and maybe Johnson) to contend with. In fact it was Phillips who sunk us the last time we met, kicking four goals.
And Randall being out with concussion makes up for the one she caused Bodey.

Last edited:
No it doesn't. Phillips, Hatchard, and Marinoff (and maybe Johnson) to contend with. In fact it was Phillips who sunk us the last time we met, kicking four goals.
And Randall being out with concussion makes up for the one she caused Bodey.
Your kidding right
They lose their Captain and arguably their best player and you are saying it won't make a difference.
Throw in she is a triple all Australian
A dual premiership captain
Three time winner of AFLW's most courageous player

Those of us who follow the women's team knew you'd be wrong.
You know i follow the AFLW.
Just because i had an opinion on crowd numbers for one game that proved wrong which i admitted does not mean i don't follow or know about AFLW
I was wrong by 3435
What crowd number did you think would attend 6 days before the actual game

Back