Women's Footy 2021 AFLW Preliminary Final: Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Koenen was huge. Hickie is one of the most underrated players in the comp and had a great game. Campbell was awesome. O'Dwyer had one of her best games and proved herself a real weapon. I do not care what the stat sheet says Svarc well and truly had the better of Davey, and was getting some treatment from the pies girls as they knew she was on top. Love watching our girls but am sick of the one sided commentary. Ally, Daks and Lutsy also had big games. Always great to beat the pies.

Hickie was fantastic in that last quarter. From the time Collingwood ruck kicked the goal, Hickie was on fire - she was leaping higher in every contest and willing herself to drag the game over the line. No wonder she was in tears after the game, expecting another big game from her in GF. Go Girls !

Taylor Smith had another good game, when the ball was there to be contested she gave it all. Our tall players have all been awesome in prelim and adds a great dimension to our already excelling mids / smalls.

Nat Grider had a few uncharacteristic misses yesterday, she had a stressed look with all the errors. Coaches should have a word hopefully, she's young but too good a player and not lingering on misses would help her impact the next contest way better. Did play a really good Q4 so the signs of improvement was already there.

Last edited:
Hickie was fantastic in that last quarter. From the time Collingwood ruck kicked the goal, Hickie was on fire - she was leaping higher in every contest and willing herself to drag the game over the line. No wonder she was in tears after the game, expecting another big game from her in GF. Go Girls !

Taylor Smith had another good game, when the ball was there to be contested she gave it all. Our tall players have all been awesome in prelim and adds a great dimension to our already excelling mids / smalls.

Nat Grider had a few uncharacteristic misses yesterday, she had a stressed look with all the errors. Coaches should have a word hopefully, she's young but too good a player and not lingering on misses would help her impact the next contest way better. Did play a really good Q4 so the signs of improvement was already there.
I forgot to mention Smith. She was very good in the contested ball and got some clean ruck taps also. Her development throughout the season has been a pleasure to watch. She was tentative early and has just gotten more and more fierce as the season progressed. If she continues on the same trajectory she could be a very damaging player and very hard to stop when up and about.

Three keys to the game for the Lions:
1. Forward line. Entry into the forward lines needs to be better and our talls, Dakota Davidson and Jessie Wardlaw, need to play well and at least bring the ball to ground during contests. Collingwood have good intercept markers in defence. Jess Wuetschner could be a factor close to goals and is due a big game. Accurate goal kicking would help as well.
2. Hard tag. Cathy Svarc (and other midfielders) need to blanket Brianna Davies like the last game. Bri is probably the best player in the league IMO.
3. Operation Molloy. Keep Chloe Molloy under some sort of control.

Prediction: Lions by 7 pts.

1. Forward line. Dakota played extremely well and Jessie competed well. Accurate goal kicking. Tick. Tick. Jess W kicked a goal and was OK. Orla's goal was a long time coming and was the highlight of the day for me other than the sound of the final siren.
2. Hard tag. Svarc did it again and her tackling is excellent (probably has more of chance to lay a tackle than some who played in Ballarat). Was great to see the Pies players try to act tough, but none of our girls were intimidated. Tick.
3. Operation Molloy. Kept Molloy under control enough for her not to be a match winner. Defence was epic again. Tick.

Prediction: Lions by 7 pts. Close enough, I'll take that!

Spoiler: Here's hoping my tip of the Lions by 13 pts in GF is also close to the mark.

2. Hard tag. Svarc did it again and her tackling is excellent (probably has more of chance to lay a tackle than some who played in Ballarat). Was great to see the Pies players try to act tough, but none of our girls were intimidated. Tick.
I actually laughed when one of the pies girls ran up to svarc to try start something, Svarc just shoved her away and got on with it :sob:
the toughest thing they ended up doing was the cheap body charge on Bodie from behind.

I agree I think nearly all the girls have grown into the season and are probably playing at their near best. Wardlaw isn't slotting her goals, but I feel some of that comes from Dax standing up and demanding the ball more.

If we can have the usual performance from our tall forwards, and get Hodder/Woosha to pull out a miracle goal or 3. And then 2-3 from Bodie and Arnell we'll be sweet ;)

I actually laughed when one of the pies girls ran up to svarc to try start something, Svarc just shoved her away and got on with it :sob:
the toughest thing they ended up doing was the cheap body charge on Bodie from behind.

I agree I think nearly all the girls have grown into the season and are probably playing at their near best. Wardlaw isn't slotting her goals, but I feel some of that comes from Dax standing up and demanding the ball more.

If we can have the usual performance from our tall forwards, and get Hodder/Woosha to pull out a miracle goal or 3. And then 2-3 from Bodie and Arnell we'll be sweet ;)

Svarc tackled 2 Collingwood players together in that 4th quarter. 😂😂😂 she was pretty much taking on everyone !

You know i follow the AFLW.
Just because i had an opinion on crowd numbers for one game that proved wrong which i admitted does not mean i don't follow or know about AFLW
I was wrong by 3435
What crowd number did you think would attend 6 days before the actual game
The problem is you underestimated by quite a bit. Anyone who follows the Lionesses would not have thought "under 1000".

Hey guys,

Does anyone know any information about when the GF tickets go on sale for members this Saturday. I bought an AFLW Memberships - GF Offer yesterday like I stated before. However, I have had no contact with the club at all regarding when the tickets go on pre-sale for competing club members and any bar-code to get the tickets during the pre-sale in the first place. Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale and as well as that, as a member and do I secure access/tickets to the GF even though the match is played in Adelaide as it just says access to the GF, Hickey Park & Gabba matches. I assume that includes GFs played out of Brisbane and I'm probably overthinking/stressing about it as always at 10am in the morning 😂

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Does anyone know any information about when the GF tickets go on sale for members this Saturday. I bought an AFLW Memberships - GF Offer yesterday like I stated before. However, I have had no contact with the club at all regarding when the tickets go on pre-sale for competing club members and any bar-code to get the tickets during the pre-sale in the first place. Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale and as well as that, as a member and do I secure access/tickets to the GF even though the match is played in Adelaide as it just says access to the GF, Hickey Park & Gabba matches. I assume that includes GFs played out of Brisbane and I'm probably overthinking/stressing about it as always at 10am in the morning 😂

Thanks

"Tickets for the NAB AFL Women’s Grand Final will be available via Ticketek on Tuesday, April 13. Eligible competing club AFLW Members can redeem tickets via a pre-sale at 3:30pm local time. General Public tickets will then be able to purchase from tickets from 4:30pm local time."

Above taken from article link below

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Tickets for the NAB AFL Women’s Grand Final will be available via Ticketek on Tuesday, April 13. Eligible competing club AFLW Members can redeem tickets via a pre-sale at 3:30pm local time. General Public tickets will then be able to purchase from tickets from 4:30pm local time."

Above taken from article link below

Cheers mate, I just haven't any sort of bar-code from the club though regarding pre-sale tickets and all that which I worry cause I haven't done this process before regarding memberships and all that with the Crows quoting at their membership base that they email the barcode the day before they go on sale:

2021 AFLW Grand Final tickets must be redeemed through Ticketek during the member on-sale period using your Crows Member barcode. Member barcodes will be sent via email and SMS on Monday prior to ticket sales opening Tuesday.

However, it is only 11am of the day and I am probably really impatient as always regarding this situation so hopefully it just that and the club can sort it out sometime today otherwise I might have to get in contact with the club with this matter so I don't miss out haha.

Cheers mate, I just haven't any sort of bar-code from the club though regarding pre-sale tickets and all that which I worry cause I haven't done this process before regarding memberships and all that with the Crows quoting at their membership base that they email the barcode the day before they go on sale:

2021 AFLW Grand Final tickets must be redeemed through Ticketek during the member on-sale period using your Crows Member barcode. Member barcodes will be sent via email and SMS on Monday prior to ticket sales opening Tuesday.

However, it is only 11am of the day and I am probably really impatient as always regarding this situation so hopefully it just that and the club can sort it out sometime today otherwise I might have to get in contact with the club with this matter so I don't miss out haha.

Just ring the Club membership and confirm that they will be sending an e-mail today or tomorrow
That way your Daffy Duck stress level can come down a little
However if you have not got a ticketek account i would open one today so that part is ready to go.

Remember for the Lions and Gabba tickets they use Ticketmaster so you will need ticketek for this game

Just ring the Club membership and confirm that they will be sending an e-mail today or tomorrow
That way your Daffy Duck stress level can come down a little
However if you have not got a ticketek account i would open one today so that part is ready to go.

Remember for the Lions and Gabba tickets they use Ticketmaster so you will need ticketek for this game

Well now I'm in a bit of *ery at the moment cause because of my stupidity I didn't read this part of the conditions:

Please note that Lions members do not have free access to away games and will need to purchase in the general on-sale for these matches.

So I don't know if the club will send me a code now and I don't even know if I'm part of the competiting club's members as a result after wasting $40 on it. It says secures access to the GF but then says it doesn't allow free entry for away matchs.

God I hate this system so much sometimes. I am such a noob at technology.

Last edited:
Well now I'm in a bit of f***ery at the moment cause because of my stupidity I didn't read this part of the conditions:

Please note that Lions members do not have free access to away games and will need to purchase in the general on-sale for these matches.

So I don't know if the club will send me a code now and I don't even know if I'm part of the competiting club's members as a result after wasting $40 on it. It says secures access to the GF but then says it doesn't allow free entry for away matchs.

God I hate this system so much sometimes. I am such a noob at technology.
Pretty sure the tickets are only $10.
So being a member like in the Men’s, just gives you first access to tickets if you want one.

Pretty sure the tickets are only $10.
So being a member like in the Men’s, just gives you first access to tickets if you want one.

So I'm just real confused atm now, it says here I get in free in which I signed up for but then on the other page I linked I don't and have to wait for the general sale. So am I in the pre-sale or not? It's just so confusing.
I better ring the club up later this afteroon about it when I'm free. I probably look/sound like a complete idiot right now scrambling for answers atm.

Last edited:
So I'm just real confused atm now, it says here I get in free in which I signed up for but then on the other page I linked I don't and have to wait for the general sale. So am I in the pre-sale or not? It's just so confusing.
I better the the club up later this afteroon about it when I'm free. I probably look/sound like a complete idiot right now scrambling for answers atm.
Would be your best bet.

I better ring the club up later this afteroon about it when I'm free. I probably look/sound like a complete idiot right now scrambling for answers atm.
You mentioned you paid $40 did you do this online or did you ring the club and do it over the phone
Because the $40 is only for the season already over.
The reason it is still on the site is if existing members want to pay an additional $10 for a guaranteed Grand Final ticket
So if you only paid the $40 you will have to go in and pay an additional $10 to get a guaranteed ticket. I would do this over the phone so you can ask questions
The cost of this guaranteed ticket will be another $10 + anyone under 18 free
So total costs would be $60-- $40 for membership +$10 GF upgrade you have not paid yet + $10 for the GF ticket
Depending on where you live eg Adelaide or somewhere else like Brisbane and need guaranteed ticket before arrange flights etc

If you live in Adelaide i would ring the Club explain what happened and ask for a refund
Then go on line at 4.30 pm (Adelaide time) and pay for your tickets.
Or pay the above mentioned amounts

if you have to arrange travel and accommodation from another state you need to pay the extra $10 to upgrade then pay for guaranteed tickets tomorrow
This would be a safeguard in case of a sellout

You mentioned you paid $40 did you do this online or did you ring the club and do it over the phone
Because the $40 is only for the season already over.
The reason it is still on the site is if existing members want to pay an additional $10 for a guaranteed Grand Final ticket
So if you only paid the $40 you will have to go in and pay an additional $10 to get a guaranteed ticket. I would do this over the phone so you can ask questions
The cost of this guaranteed ticket will be another $10 + anyone under 18 free
So total costs would be $60-- $40 for membership +$10 GF upgrade you have not paid yet + $10 for the GF ticket
Depending on where you live eg Adelaide or somewhere else like Brisbane and need guaranteed ticket before arrange flights etc

If you live in Adelaide i would ring the Club explain what happened and ask for a refund
Then go on line at 4.30 pm (Adelaide time) and pay for your tickets.
Or pay the above mentioned amounts

if you have to arrange travel and accommodation from another state you need to pay the extra $10 to upgrade then pay for guaranteed tickets tomorrow
This would be a safeguard in case of a sellout

Well I rang them up just then when I got home about the whole situation and apparently nothing is wrong and I'm the complete idiot on here again 😂

They will be sending barcodes soon to my email to use at Ticketek tomorrow to be know more information about how to select tickets and all that during the pre-sale and all that (however they haven't sent them yet). I don't need to pay any extra money to guarantee a seat as well and I can breathe easily until tomorrow afternoon when those filthy crows supporters pack into their groups to get the best seats before me. Better start uploading 10 tabs of Ticketek on my computer now ;)

God, I stress over the stupidest things sometimes and what an embarrassment I have made myself look like right now 😂

Thank-you to everyone that has helped me during my stressful montage today also, very much appreciated for your help 🙏

Last edited:
Listened to Anderson interview and one of the reporters hinted Adelaide may try and get around the 12 day concussion rule so Randall can play in GF. I would be surprised if the AFL allowed that, but then again, I probably expect it now.

Listened to Anderson interview and one of the reporters hinted Adelaide may try and get around the 12 day concussion rule so Randall can play in GF. I would be surprised if the AFL allowed that, but then again, I probably expect it now.
That would be farcical if they were to allow that in the current climate.

That would be farcical if they were to allow that in the current climate.
It would but if for argument sake.....get a couple of non crow doctors to clear her and if she signs a no liabilty stat dec (I am no lawyer) or something similar....you never know......but if they are trying they may think they have some legal loop-hole. Barry Hall played in the GF against WC

Back