AFLW 2021 AFLW Trade Period - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree + Molan who can’t get a kick at VFL level.

Molan was voted best on ground in her 1st match, and in her 3rd match (last match before lockdown); she had the most disposals for Port Melbourne (3rd most on ground overall).

Looking back at the 2019 draft, I wish we had of picked Elisabeth Georgostathis instead of Molan.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Molan was voted best on ground in her 1st match, and in her 3rd match (last match before lockdown); she had the most disposals for Port Melbourne (3rd most on ground overall).

Looking back at the 2019 draft, I wish we had of picked Elisabeth Georgostathis instead of Molan.
She’s nowhere near being delisted , anyone who thinks so has barely watched a game of ours. Yep she’s no star however there’s a list as long as my arm players worse than her.

She’s nowhere near being delisted , anyone who thinks so has barely watched a game of ours. Yep she’s no star however there’s a list as long as my arm players worse than her.

1000%

Bethany Lynch delisted by Norf.

Sister of Tom and played for our VFLW side in 2018.

LIST CHANGES (as of June 7) - Players in bold can be picked up as delisted free agents.

Adelaide: Jess Sedunary (inactive), Renee Forth (delisted)

Brisbane: Lauren Arnell, Jessy Keeffe, Emma Zielke (retired), Beth Pinchin (delisted)

Carlton: Alison Downie, Katie Loynes, Jess Edwards (delisted)

Collingwood: Maddie Shevlin (Richmond), Sharni Norder (retired), Kristy Stratton (delisted)

Fremantle: Leah Mascall (retired), Ashley Sharp (inactive, pregnancy), Tarnee Tester, Jess Trend, Alex Williams (delisted)

Geelong: Aasta O'Connor (retired), Maddie Boyd, Nicole Garner, Mia Skinner (delisted)

Gold Coast: Sally Riley, Sam Virgo (retired), Jordann Hickey, Leah Kaslar, Molly Ritson, Georgia Bevan (delisted)

Melbourne: Niamh McEvoy, Shae Sloane (retired)

North Melbourne: Katelyn Cox, Georgia Hammond, Beth Lynch, Tahni Nestor (delisted)

Richmond: Sabrina Frederick (Collingwood), Alice Edmonds, Emily Harley, Luka Lesosky-Hay, Cleo Saxon-Jones, Holly Whitford (delisted)

St Kilda: Poppy Kelly (Richmond), Selena Karlson (retired), Ali Brown, Tamara Luke, Nadia von Bertouch (delisted)

Western Bulldogs: Amelia Van Oosterwijck (retired)

Last edited:

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers

Be interested to see this list?

Molan is slow and timid. Not a good combination for any sport. I'd only have Woodward ahead of her on the delisting rankings

View attachment 1146720

I think you’d be surprised how much money is in social media

Sorry to say but that site is absolute horseshit lol. Completely clueless and would genuinely have nfi who she is let alone how much she’s worth 🤣😂

Finally 3rd trade done.
Not a well known name but has been a handy defender.

JUN 7. 2021. 3:31 PM
Cross-code Giant becomes a Bulldog
Sarah Black
Why not share? #AFLW

ELLE Bennetts is now a Bulldog, crossing to Whitten Oval in exchange for pick No.28.

The 31-year-old initially joined GWS as a cross-sport rookie ahead of the 2018 season, having played for Victoria Fury in the second-tier Australian Netball League.

She's also played in the top Super Netball competition for NSW Swifts during her time at the Giants.

Bennetts, who stands at 175cm, has played on the wing and in defence across her 30 games for the Giants over four seasons.

"We’ve been following Elle closely for a few years now and we are really excited to bring her into our football club," Bulldogs AFLW list manager Mick Sandry said.

"She is a really versatile footballer and we see her being able to add a different dynamic to our midfield group, whilst her ability in defence has been proven in her reading of the football and line-breaking running.

"She’s a great person of really strong character and maturity, and the decision to return home to Victoria I know wasn’t easy. We know in Elle we are getting a player that is going to add so much to our program, not just on the field, but off it as well."

Be interested to see this list?

Molan is slow and timid. Not a good combination for any sport. I'd only have Woodward ahead of her on the delisting rankings

Did she knock you back on an autograph?
She didn't move to the left hand side of an escalator when you were behind her?
Took the last shopping basket in Coles just as you walked up?
You saw her with more than 10 items in the Express lane?
Was she in the line at Macca's in front of you for 10 minutes and only decided to work out what to buy when she was at the counter? That's annoying.

Must be something!

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
Did she knock you back on an autograph?
She didn't move to the left hand side of an escalator when you were behind her?
Took the last shopping basket in Coles just as you walked up?
You saw her with more than 10 items in the Express lane?
Was she in the line at Macca's in front of you for 10 minutes and only decided to work out what to buy when she was at the counter? That's annoying.

Must be something!

The only time she has annoyed me is when she has been wearing a Richmond jumper

JUN 8. 2021. 11:15 AM
Tayla a Demon: Mega-trade confirmed with SEVEN players involved
Sarah Black

A MEGA-TRADE has just been completed with Tayla Harris one of seven players involved as well as a stack of draft picks.

The five-team trade sees Harris (Carlton) and Liv Purcell (Geelong) head to Melbourne, Chloe Scheer (Adelaide) move to Geelong and Chloe Dalton (Carlton) and Jess Dal Pos (GWS) swapping clubs.

Former Carlton skipper Katie Loynes is also now a Giant, while unheralded Melbourne defender/winger Chantel Emonson has made the move to Geelong as part of the super-deal, having been squeezed out of the improving Dees lineup at times this year.

MEGA-TRADE DETAILS

ADELAIDE
In –
Picks 20 (Geelong), 47 (Melbourne)
Out –
Chloe Scheer (Geelong), 49 (Melbourne)

CARLTON
In –
Jess Dal Pos, picks 10, 27 (all GWS), 32 (Melbourne)
Out –
Chloe Dalton and Katie Loynes (GWS), Tayla Harris (Melbourne), pick 44 (Melbourne)

GEELONG
In –
Chloe Scheer (Adelaide), Chantel Emonson and pick 15 (both Melbourne)
Out –
Olivia Purcell (Melbourne), picks 20 (Adelaide), 37 (GWS)

GWS
In –
Chloe Dalton, Katie Loynes, pick 42 (all Carlton), pick 37 (Geelong)
Out –
Jess Dal Pos, picks 10, 27 (all Carlton)

MELBOURNE
In –
Olivia Purcell (Geelong), Tayla Harris (Carlton), picks 44 (Carlton) and 49 (Adelaide)
Out –
Chantel Emonson (Geelong), picks 15 (Geelong), 32 (Carlton), 42 (GWS) and 47 (Adelaide)

The trade period finishes at 2pm AEST on Wednesday, but resignings can continue into the following week.

Harris played 29 games for Carlton over four seasons, kicking 25 goals, although added only four this season.

Up to 10 AFLW clubs had previously confirmed to womens.afl they were either unable to fit Harris into their salary cap or into their forward line mix.

Melbourne looks set for a tilt at the flag with its aggressive trading, bringing in Harris and Purcell.

Purcell followed up her 2020 best and fairest win with an equal-fourth placing this year, despite rupturing her right ACL against Richmond in round five (late February).

The local product, who played her junior footy at St Mary's, has made the move up the highway in search of greater success.

Purcell played 19 games for Geelong over three seasons after joining the Cats with pick No.14 in the 2018 NAB AFLW Draft.

Monahan and woodward delisted

Woodward was no surprise.
The delisting of Monahan probably answers some questions here and maybe raises some others!

All the best to all the girls leaving.

Monahan delisted , wOw , appears I wasnt the only one pissed off that she still openly barracked for hawthorn

Haha Maybe she'll be a signing for them.

There are a few Tigers that play for other clubs and don't hide it at all.

Katie Lynch ex Pie and current Bulldog mad Tiger , Lilly Mithen in Tiger colours at the 2019 Grand Final, Sarah D'Arcy was a mad Tiger at the Pies.

Then there is Maddy Prespakis who was quoted in her first year saying she plays for Carlton but barracks for Essendon. Wonder how that will play out when Bombers come in.

When you think about it, this is the year to clean the list out. If you delay it by a year you are only going to get your picks in a compromised draft. Even trying to trade later picks next year may not return great value.

Back