AFLW 2021 AFLW Trade Period - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Remove this Banner Ad

When you think about it, this is the year to clean the list out. If you delay it by a year you are only going to get your picks in a compromised draft. Even trying to trade later picks next year may not return great value.

Yeah agree, was waiting on the Woodward call, but Monahan, WOW:rolleyes:
That's 6 players free on our list, might look at mature players in the VFLW towards the end of the draft or delisted free agents
Can't see us picking 6 U/18's girls to be honest

Haha Maybe she'll be a signing for them.

There are a few Tigers that play for other clubs and don't hide it at all.

Katie Lynch ex Pie and current Bulldog mad Tiger , Lilly Mithen in Tiger colours at the 2019 Grand Final, Sarah D'Arcy was a mad Tiger at the Pies.

Then there is Maddy Prespakis who was quoted in her first year saying she plays for Carlton but barracks for Essendon. Wonder how that will play out when Bombers come in.

Grace Egan current Blue is a Tigers supporter. We had her on our VFLW list in the 1st year and didn't pre-list her. Massive mistake.

Monahan was a big disappointment last year after her first season. It looked like she lost all interest and fitness.............given her delisting likely she had.

Grace Egan current Blue is a Tigers supporter. We had her on our VFLW list in the 1st year and didn't pre-list her. Massive mistake.

Monahan was a massive disappointment last year. She looked like she lost all interest and fitness.............given her delisting maybe she had.

Pretty spot on. I have always been a bit philosophical on missing out on Egan but as time passes and as Grace continues to play well it does sting that we missed out on one from under our noses. Blues got one back after they missed Kane Lambert from under their noses.

Some of the comments floating around (not here) regarding our delistings are quite comical. Someone was up in arms and posted that Monahan "had another great year" That person can't have monitored our season too closely. Can't argue with any of the changes.

Club is being pretty ruthless this off season and its just what was needed.

Think we can put this "source" in the bin.

View attachment 1150067
Ok, ok I might have to do wee bit more research in future.
However,
I do think she’d be one of the biggest earners in the league from her marketing and social media and really I’d prefer the money got behind the talent more.
All the best to her but if the coach is happy for her to walk so am I.

Ok, ok I might have to do wee bit more research in future.
However,
I do think she’d be one of the biggest earners in the league from her marketing and social media and really I’d prefer the money got behind the talent more.
All the best to her but if the coach is happy for her to walk so am I.

Fair enough. You could be right. Not an area I am really familiar with.

Fair enough. You could be right. Not an area I am really familiar with.
Anyways we get some wiggle room in the cap now too that’d hopefully get some deals done.
Im looking fwd to the new season we we’re really building.

Yeah agree, was waiting on the Woodward call, but Monahan, WOW:rolleyes:
That's 6 players free on our list, might look at mature players in the VFLW towards the end of the draft or delisted free agents
Can't see us picking 6 U/18's girls to be honest
Yea would be something like that I’d say , watched the highlights on Shevlin, looks to have good skills and moves well, be surprised if she couldn’t help us.

Anyways we get some wiggle room in the cap now too that’d hopefully get some deals done.
Im looking fwd to the new season we we’re really building.
You'd assume that Sab was on a Tier 2 contract and tigers have just moved Ellie into that pay spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tier 1 - Conti & Brennan
Tier 2 - Cordner, McKenzie, S Hosking & ?

Not sure we have an obvious 4th option at Tier 2?
Maybe D'Arcy, or if it was a free spot I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Wakefield put in there after her season

You'd assume that Sab was on a Tier 2 contract and tigers have just moved Ellie into that pay spot

With Ellie I wonder whether they will make her earn her stripes a bit before getting into the bigger contracts. Had a great first year but needs to back that up now.

You may find that the club would pay Ellie T3 but increase her pay through marketing fund. Clubs often put more marketable players on a lower tier with larger marketing dollars so that's the $$ are better shared among the list.

There is definitely far less "me, me me" attitude among AFLW than the mens comp.

There is definitely far less "me, me me" attitude among AFLW than the mens comp.
Can certainly agree with that as an overall view.

I don't think Richmond risk it tbh, she's already in the top 15-20% of players in the comp and is only going to improve, clearly a star in the making, and one that'll have two very interested clubs coming in shortly, seems a risky game to play for next to no reason

Can certainly agree with that as an overall view.

I don't think Richmond risk it tbh, she's already in the top 15-20% of players in the comp and is only going to improve, clearly a star in the making, and one that'll have two very interested clubs coming in shortly, seems a risky game to play for next to no reason

Won't be two clubs, I think all nine Vic clubs would be interested in getting her and I am sure would at some point ask the question.

Bit like the mens team. Everyone is interested in our young players but they are too invested in each other and the club to move. From what I see Ellie is really invested in the team and club. I'm sure she realises that is a captain in waiting. The additional benefit is that in AFLW we are not talking about ridiculous differences in pay between us and what others may offer. Diff between T2 and T3 is $3k. Also think Richmond can offer players more opportunities outside of the game than just about any other club. Key reason why big name players decided to move to us.

In saying that you can never be a 100% sure a player will/won't move but I think we can feel pretty comfortable.

Last edited:
Seems like that’s all folks!

Very few last day trades done,

Full list on first post of this thread.

Link here:

BLOODY HELL!!!

I spoke too soon.

CHAOS has surrounded the 2pm AEST deadline of the AFLW Sign and Trade Period, with Jess Hosking requesting a trade to Richmond and the Kim Rennie deal still up in the air.

West Coast swooped late in the final stages, acquiring key defender Evie Gooch and forward Aimee Schmidt.

Hosking's twin sister Sarah joined Richmond last Trade Period.

BLOODY HELL!!!

I spoke to soon.

CHAOS has surrounded the 2pm AEST deadline of the AFLW Sign and Trade Period, with Jess Hosking requesting a trade to Richmond and the Kim Rennie deal still up in the air.

West Coast swooped late in the final stages, acquiring key defender Evie Gooch and forward Aimee Schmidt.

Hosking's twin sister Sarah joined Richmond last Trade Period.

WOW, just WOW, Jess Hosking requesting a trade to Richmond
Is it a case of one can't be without the other, i know twins have a special bond
& could this be the case?
How can this deal be done now?

WOW, just WOW, Jess Hosking requesting a trade to Richmond
Is it a case of one can't be without the other, i know twins have a special bond
& could this be the case?
How can this deal be done now?

They live together so I don't think it's Jess missing Sarah. I think its more a case of Jess seeing how much Sarah is loving life at Richmond.

Would be bloody awesome if it comes off but its missed the deadline so not sure how it can be done. Someone will have to bend the rules for it to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back