Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
As per Member email 28th January 2021:-

Annual General Meeting

Notice is hereby given that the 156th Annual General Meeting of the Members of Carlton Football Club Limited will be held at 6.30pm on Monday, 22nd February 2021.

In response to government restrictions and potential health risks arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, in addition to the Club’s current Ikon Park redevelopment with no space available to hold in person at the Club, and in accordance with the temporary modifications to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), the AGM will be held using virtual technology. There will not be a physical venue for members to attend.

Members can participate in the AGM and watch the webcast online using their computer or mobile device by entering the URL in their browser: https://web.lumiagm.com/381447746.

Members should access the meeting using their membership number and postcode (overseas members will need to use their country code rather than postcode when logging in). Further details are available in the online meeting guide available on the Club’s website.

The opportunity will exist for members to ask questions during the virtual Meeting about the items of business listed, as well as any general questions in respect of the Club. Members may submit questions in advance of the meeting by emailing membership@carltonfc.com.au.

Please click on the following link to view the meeting documents:

Notice of Meeting & Explanatory Notes

Director Election - How to Vote

Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited (Computershare) has been appointed to conduct the voting process as an independent body.
You are able to vote online or by post.
Members are encouraged to vote online to assist the club with its cost saving and environmental initiatives.

If you wish to vote online, please go to www.votingservices.com.au/cfc and follow the instructions.
Each Voting Member may only vote once, the first vote received from you will be counted.
In order to log on, you will require:

• your Member number and
  • your postcode as it appears on the Club's Register of Members (overseas members will need to use their country code rather than postcode when logging in).

If you are unable to vote online, please contact the Membership Department on 03 9387 1400 who will arrange for you to be sent a postal ballot.
You are encouraged to utilise your voting rights as a member.
Each Voting Member may only vote once.
All ballots must be received prior to 5.00pm (AEDT) on Friday 19 February 2021 to be valid.

Further information

If you have any queries regarding the voting process, please contact the Deputy Returning Officer, Christopher Dedrick at votingservices@computershare.com.au or 0478 877 693.

2020 Annual Report:-

The growth in memberships in line with all the stats that suggest that Carlton have one of the largest supporter bases has grown as the prospect for on field success has improved, which has grown in line with the improvements to the list and resourcing of the football department. This obvious indicator of improvement ( membership number growth) is an outcome of both expectations regarding on field success looking forward BUT also (imho) of a lot of important work in rebuilding Carlton's brand.

Carlton has also been realtively 'clean' as far as off field controversy goes for years and has also ticked a few boxes in terms of brand positioning with regards to important social signalling - AFLW/ respect for women, orange socks, Business Networking, to name a couple off the top of my head. Similarly, engaging with Governments in order to gain access to funding of the redevelopment has been a very important and well executed project - again building on the inclusive message.

The inclusive messaging has also been used to broaden the scope of engagment eg the sports college and making Princes Park the 'home' of AFLW in Melbourne. All these initiatives have been quietly progressing - driven by both Liddle and various members of the Board.

Whilst on field success has been proceeding and I think positioned now to accelerate - off field deevlopment of both brand, scale and scope of the Club's wider community interaction(s) have been first class. Liddle and the Board deserve congratulations for these efforts. Carlton is showing leadership in a number of off field activities that most other AFL Clubs are either not in the posiiton to contemplate or incapable of executing on - given their supporter base.

If on field success begins to be more apparent, the club should be at the beginning a cycle of sustainable overall success.

People who wish to challenge this progress and also at the same time ignore the context of what was in the past - without acknowledging what is today - are of little value in any serious considerations regarding Club leadership.

It is fairly safe to say that Carlton has improved its brand by quietly going on about its business whilst other traditional rivals like Colligwood and Essendon have been busy tearing their brands to pieces. What a wonderful turn of events.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
“I’m standing against Craig Mathieson, Jeanne Pratt and Mark LoGiudice. They are the three longest serving directors and during their nine-year plus terms Carlton has had zero flags, zero top four finishes and only one finals appearance in their time together.”

The club only went through a complete tear down rebuild.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
“I’m standing against Craig Mathieson, Jeanne Pratt and Mark LoGiudice. They are the three longest serving directors and during their nine-year plus terms Carlton has had zero flags, zero top four finishes and only one finals appearance in their time together.”

The club only went through a complete tear down rebuild.
Complained about the hiring & then firing of Ratts, Malthouse (?!), Bolts, Trigg, SOS.

That's genuinely the first time I've heard the firing of Malthouse spun in a negative light, albeit as part of the 'instability' of the club on & off field.

Do they know how f****** rebuilds work? Players and staff are always moved on, that's inherently part of the rebuild.

Can we put in an early preventative measure to not let Tom Elliot into PP?...

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Complained about the hiring & then firing of Ratts, Malthouse (?!), Bolts, Trigg, SOS.

That's genuinely the first time I've heard the firing of Malthouse spun in a negative light, albeit as part of the 'instability' of the club on & off field.

Do they know how f****** rebuilds work? Players and staff are always moved on, that's inherently part of the rebuild.

Can we put in an early preventative measure to not let Tom Elliot into PP?...

Ever tried to have a discussion with an opposition supporter about our rebuild?

”Carlton are s**t and haven’t made finals in years.”

”We’ve been rebuilding since 2015.”

“You’ve been rebuilding since 2000 hahahahahahahahaha.”

”This is genuinely the first time I have heard MLG has been club president and SOS list manager since 2000.”

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
Hollingworth is no fool, but I believe he is targeting the wrong angle

Sure, make the point of the lack of success, but acknowledge the path of the last 6 years was one that was required

Seems like he now wants in as we are on the verge of success
Totally agree with this. Comes off sounding a little unsophisticated in his approach here

Targetting 3 current board members, including the president, without a ticket behind you is not going to work. That said, what exactly is Jeanne Pratt's acumen? I don't even think Visy are contibuting anything noteworthy anymore, so why is she there?

And if you're going to target the president, you'd point to the handling of the Silvagni issue, rather than the fact he was hired then fired. People come and go from football clubs all the time. I wouldn't say Carlton has had it particularly bad. As far as coaches go:

Ratten (Kernahan era) - Was demonstrating a fairly one dimensional approach to coaching, but was probably scapegoated for an uncohesive list that was very limited in capacity (exposed evidence being only one player of this era remains on our list currently). In the end the spectre of being able to grab a coach with recent premiership success was too much for the board to resist

Malthouse (Kernahan era) - Make no mistake, a very good coach, but got the ass end of the list Ratten was already starting to struggle with. His problem was selling to our board that we were 5 minutes to midnight, when we couldn't be further from. Started to unravel when he realised midstream he couldn't live up to the expectations he set

Bolton (MLG era) - Gave a new coach with fresh ideas a go. Seemed the right man at the time. Board/Pres/CEO made the right decision to move on him at the right time. That's a tick for me. However rumoured lack of cohesion and dialogue with the list manager - something that manifested itself publicly after his departure. Thats the cross

Teague - Too early to call

I'm as harsh on MLG as anyone here, but I'm not going to hang him out for the coaching appointments - of which only 1 has 'failed' under his tenure. If we want to actually address decision making on the board - get more football people in there - who are genuinely invested in the club and understand what successful culture looks like. That's a yes to Fraser Brown from me - and a no to Chris Judd...

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Totally agree with this. Comes off sounding a little unsophisticated in his approach here

Targetting 3 current board members, including the president, without a ticket behind you is not going to work. That said, what exactly is Jeanne Pratt's acumen? I don't even think Visy are contibuting anything noteworthy anymore, so why is she there?

And if you're going to target the president, you'd point to the handling of the Silvagni issue, rather than the fact he was hired then fired. People come and go from football clubs all the time. I wouldn't say Carlton has had it particularly bad. As far as coaches go:

Ratten (Kernahan era) - Was demonstrating a fairly one dimensional approach to coaching, but was probably scapegoated for an uncohesive list that was very limited in capacity (exposed evidence being only one player of this era remains on our list currently). In the end the spectre of being able to grab a coach with recent premiership success was too much for the board to resist

Malthouse (Kernahan era) - Make no mistake, a very good coach, but got the ass end of the list Ratten was already starting to struggle with. His problem was selling to our board that we were 5 minutes to midnight, when we couldn't be further from. Started to unravel when he realised midstream he couldn't live up to the expectations he set

Bolton (MLG era) - Gave a new coach with fresh ideas a go. Seemed the right man at the time. Board/Pres/CEO made the right decision to move on him at the right time. That's a tick for me. However rumoured lack of cohesion and dialogue with the list manager - something that manifested itself publicly after his departure. Thats the cross

Teague - Too early to call

I'm as harsh on MLG as anyone here, but I'm not going to hang him out for the coaching appointments - of which only 1 has 'failed' under his tenure. If we want to actually address decision making on the board - get more football people in there - who are genuinely invested in the club and understand what successful culture looks like. That's a yes to Fraser Brown from me - and a no to Chris Judd...

Only things I would disagree with, would be the Brown appointment, which is based on information I was privy too, which is a little concerning

Hollingworth is no fool, but I believe he is targeting the wrong angle

Sure, make the point of the lack of success, but acknowledge the path of the last 6 years was one that was required

nice

I'm on his private e-mail list when it comes to club matters. I have read several of his emails with intrigue but a little disappointment. As much as I appreciate what he has done for softball I feel that his takes regarding the club are not as informed (or perhaps expressed would be better verbiage) as what you'd hope for somebody angling for a position on the board. He's clearly a passionate supporter but I feel that if he were to engage here with a similar tone there'd be plenty who would quite quickly run him off the forum. Consequently, I feel that's what will happen with his bid.

I feel he'd be better served if he angled away from his (needlessly in my opinion) aggressive strategy to an educational/informative, "this is where I've come from, these are the issues that I see at the club now, and this is what my expertise can help what the club is actively building." If he did this he'd have an increased likelihood of winning a seat as he would be an easy sell as a genuine asset. I feel that potential asset won't foster well with the aggressive stance he has taken. It's not always a war - it's what's best for the club (often two different things).

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm on his private e-mail list when it comes to club matters. I have read several of his emails with intrigue but a little disappointment. As much as I appreciate what he has done for softball I feel that his takes regarding the club are not as informed (or perhaps expressed would be better verbiage) as what you'd hope for somebody angling for a position on the board. He's clearly a passionate supporter but I feel that if he were to engage here with a similar tone there'd be plenty who would quite quickly run him off the forum. Consequently, I feel that's what will happen with his bid.

I feel he'd be better served if he angled away from his (needlessly in my opinion) aggressive strategy to an educational/informative, "this is where I've come from, these are the issues that I see at the club now, and this is what my expertise can help what the club is actively building." If he did this he'd have an increased likelihood of winning a seat as he would be an easy sell as a genuine asset. I feel that potential asset won't foster well with the aggressive stance he has taken. It's not always a war - it's what's best for the club (often two different things).

I think you are on the mark

More importantly Wick, bloody great to see you

Back