Andrews 3.9

Spoils
May 6
Andrews 8.3

Contested marks
May 1.1
Andrews 2.0

Didn't even make the squad.🤔
Heck make the comparison with Aliir Aliir too. Andrews is ahead in everything bar 1v1% (80% won v 78% if I recall correctly).

Have to go back to 1992 for the last time a team won the flag with only 1 player in the AA team.

Although 1991 Hawthorn didn’t have any players in.

Didn't hold out a lot of hope after seeing the squad of 40. It was obviously reputation more than performance.

I don't bemoan Harris not getting in - his year was statistically decent but not as good as last year, and I did actually have a couple ahead of him (no, not May).
On the flipside, Charlie made the squad, despite having a pretty rubbish year. He wasn't even our best small forward, let alone the competition's.

Well deserved to Richy - that was the least they could do. 5 Dees is just stupid.

Let’s not get carried away here. I am sure the players feel a sense of honour and also pride in being selected din the AA. However at the end of the day I feel like that the acknowledgement from their peers/coaches would far out way the ideas of a selected few.

Zorks may not have quite had as many disposals as all the mids in the AA team but I think he's got a fair case of having a better year than a few of them.

- #1 out of mids for score involvements (#2 in comp behind only Greene)
- #2 in competition for inside 50s
- #2 out of the mids for metres gained
- #7 in comp for goal assists
- #9 in comp for tackles

Cases like this the selectors need to look past disposal count. Zorko has been bloody effective.

Hugh's form dropped off and Charlie had an inconsistent year overall. Zorko has had a really good bounce back year but I'd have him behind Lyons as our best mid this year. I think Rich as our lone selection is about right when you look at their individual years.

Finally some recognition for Richy.
Much deserved.

Now to the stuff that really matters.

Congrats Richy and well done !

Would've won in 2019 as well if he was playing in Melbourne, better late than never.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they had to pick a proper team as they did when we had Interstate Football and the pinnacle was getting selected in the Vic TEAM then there's no way the team that's picked as AA would run out selected.

If you're a midfielder that's the spot you need to win . It's a bit of a nonsense picking players because there happen to be lots of good players in the position they were unable to win a spot in.

If they want to call it best 22 players in the AFL for 2021 fair enough but don't call it the AA Team.

We seem to have 9 or 10 m/f's in there.

If they had to pick a proper team as they did when we had Interstate Football and the pinnacle was getting selected in the Vic TEAM then there's no way the team that's picked as AA would run out selected.

If you're a midfielder that's the spot you need to win . It's a bit of a nonsense picking players because there happen to be lots of good players in the position they were unable to win a spot in.

If they want to call it best 22 players in the AFL for 2021 fair enough but don't call it the AA Team.

We seem to have 9 or 10 m/f's in there.
Truth Cazaly Awards had the correct template.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back