BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Freddy is a genuinely terrible coach if this is true

Wighton has never played in the 6 jersey at Origin level. Either he plays off the bench or doesn't play I would have thought. Should be either Luai or Walker. As a QLD supporter, please pick Wighton there. Also reading that article, why would you potentially break up the combo of Tedesco and Cook, which has been great for you guys the last couple of years?

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Sounds unbelievable! It's not like Wighton is in scintillating form; he's been deeply ordinary all season. On the other hand, you have the best halves partnership in the comp, both eligible...

What am I missing here?

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Aucklander>

So does Walsh choosing to play Origin for QLD (or anyone, presumably) preclude him from playing for the Kiwis, as the link seems to imply? Is this the rule, and has it been followed in the past?

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Also the 1-8 selection for the Blues are really good. Tommy and Latrell can play the centres much better than Wighton and Gutherson (In my opinion) and the club connection for the 6 and 7 (extending to wings a bit as well).

If my Maroons are as injured as it seems (no Munster etc) weve got a big uphill battle.

Aucklander>

So does Walsh choosing to play Origin for QLD (or anyone, presumably) preclude him from playing for the Kiwis, as the link seems to imply? Is this the rule, and has it been followed in the past?
Yep, he won't be able to play for the Kiwis

The rule is if you commit and play in Origin, you cannot play for another tier 1 team (Aus, NZ, England) but you can play for a tier 2 national team (Tonga, Samoa etc) and vice versa, if you play for a tier 1 team you aren't eligible for Origin

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Once again, NSW have the clear and obvious edge on paper. However it's NSW so who the * knows?

I will say they seem to have got their selection better this year, with players playing in more suitable positions.
IMO Mitchell is a better Centre than he is full back, and I also think NSW bat far deeper on the bench, and if injuries strike.

I'm tipping NSW to have learnt from last year and to win 2-1

Also the 1-8 selection for the Blues are really good. Tommy and Latrell can play the centres much better than Wighton and Gutherson (In my opinion) and the club connection for the 6 and 7 (extending to wings a bit as well).

If my Maroons are as injured as it seems (no Munster etc) weve got a big uphill battle.

Still should have picked a centre, one of the Penrith ones. Mitchell in defence is an issue. It’s why he’s a better fullback

Back