12. Felise Kaufusi - Melbourne Storm
13. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui - Gold Coast Titans
14. Ben Hunt - St George Illawarra Dragons
15. Moeaki Fotuaika - Gold Coast Titans
16. David Fifita - Gold Coast Titans
17. Francis Molo - North Queensland Cowboys
18. Coen Hess - North Queensland Cowboys
19. Ronaldo Mulitalo - Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

I thought Queensland were always harping on about hey they "pick n stick".
You know, loyalty to Queenslanders, not like that NSW mob, always making changes.
Funny.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Loyalty is shown when it is earn't. Only Ofahengue and Coates have been dropped, neither of whom have earn't that right. All other changes are forced.

I look at that Queensland squad, and I just can't see many that would get into the Blues side.

NSW have a much better side on paper and *should* win. But on the other hand, 2-0 to NSW doesn't really fit the script.

I'm going for the equaliser!

Papalii and Ben Hunt are big ins, Christian Welch is essentially an 'in' as well

Holmes not being a spud at fullback a big positive too. Bloke is an elite winger stop trying to tell us he's a fullback...there's a reason NQ are where they are!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at that Queensland squad, and I just can't see many that would get into the Blues side.

NSW have a much better side on paper and *should* win. But on the other hand, 2-0 to NSW doesn't really fit the script.

I'm going for the equaliser!

Plenty would get in. This is a MUCH better QLD side this time round. Game 1 was terribly selected. Holmes at FB when he's a dud, Jayden Su'A picked out of reserve grade...it was terrible.

Holmes not being a spud at fullback a big positive too. Bloke is an elite winger stop trying to tell us he's a fullback...there's a reason NQ are where they are!
North Queensland have been greatly improved with him playing fullback and he nearly won a Dally M off the back of about 12 weeks of elite football at fullback in his last season at the Sharks.

He's probably not good enough to play fullback in origin but you're really underselling his ability.

North Queensland have been greatly improved with him playing fullback and he nearly won a Dally M off the back of about 12 weeks of elite football at fullback in his last season at the Sharks.

He's probably not good enough to play fullback in origin but you're really underselling his ability.

Greatly improved is surely pushing it! They are just less trash…and it probably coincides with the forwards playing well.

Bloke isn’t a fullback sorry to be absolutely blunt. He’s an elite winger that’s it.

What is a best starting 13 make up?

Teddy, Ado Carr, Mitchell, Tommy, Gagai, Munster, Cleary, Welch, Cook, Papalii, Murray, Sims, Tino

8 of the 13 are NSW and you could mount the argument for To'o over Gagai IMO.

Wouldn’t have Sims. Either Crighton or Arrow take your pick. Honestly Yeo should be lock. Best lock in the game not even close.

As it was in the first game, QLD are outmanned, particularly in their backs. Ponga is still the biggest out for QLD. Walsh might be the next wonderkid, but at only 18 years old I don't see him being Billy Slater.

If QLD are going to take 1 game in the series though, this is going to be it, as there's no chance they'll beat a rampaging NSW in game 3 with a rabid crowd.

I expected a tighter NSW win this time, they simply have far too much scoring power.
Tom Trbojevic is unstoppable at the moment in all forms, and if they overcorrect for him and overplay him, there will pop up Addo-Carr, Tedesco, Mitchell, Cleary, To'o, etc. Just far too hard to keep up with.

Last edited:
One thing that worries me about NSW is their front row and their forwards and their big men department and probably defence when stuck in their own half thats all. Need to block out the crowd and score early trys and silence the crowd too.

Wouldn’t have Sims. Either Crighton or Arrow take your pick. Honestly Yeo should be lock. Best lock in the game not even close.
Correct weight. Would also have Kaufusi ahead of Sims as well. Agree Yeo should be lock, though can play out wider if needed. Also, Jake Trbojevic and even Finucane would be ahead of Tino at lock as well.

Greatly improved is surely pushing it! They are just less trash…and it probably coincides with the forwards playing well.

Bloke isn’t a fullback sorry to be absolutely blunt. He’s an elite winger that’s it.
Every game that Val has played well at Origin level has been on the wing. Would play in an Australian side on the wing ahead of Gagai IMO. Picking him ahead of Brimson at fullback was a massive blunder by Paul Green.

Another was letting Reed Mahoney leave to go and play for Parramatta before game 1. As 18th man he should have been held back in camp and then released the day before if they wanted to go that way. Probably should have started ahead of Grant, who was not fit and is not an 80 minute player at club level.

Also, playing Capewell at centre again is a recipe for disaster. Great player but is a second rower who can fill in during a game if needed due to injury.

Back