Game Day 2021 ANZAC Day, R6 Collingwood v Essendon (Sun 25-Apr, 3.20pm @ MCG) | Lest We Forget

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue I have now is yeah we are playing some of the kids.

But if you pick Rantall and Macrae for example to play and talk up their motors and work around the ball, why do they get hidden in the forward ******* pocket ?

Why do we still rely on old timers who got made to look second rate with their work rate all game and who’s disposal was rubbish?

I’m afraid the cliff has already hit us and we aren’t even approaching it anymore, we’ve derailed half way down and there’s no turnaround in sight.

Try looking for them in the mid season draft listings - none of the incumbents are A grade.

Exactly.

The reason our forwards dont lead at the ball carrier is none of them are actually forwards. They are rucks (Cameron), converted backs (Kelly, Ruscoe, Mihocek) or midfielders. We have not drafted genuine forwards who know instinctively how to play the position, and we can't coach for toffee

The issue I have now is yeah we are playing some of the kids.

But if you pick Rantall and Macrae for example to play and talk up their motors and work around the ball, why do they get hidden in the forward ******* pocket ?

Why do we still rely on old timers who got made to look second rate with their work rate all game and who’s disposal was rubbish?

I’m afraid the cliff has already hit us and we aren’t even approaching it anymore, we’ve derailed half way down and there’s no turnaround in sight.
Imagine the engine room without Pendlebury, how long can he keep going?

Imagine the engine room without Pendlebury, how long can he keep going?

That’s the issue though. When are they going to realise we are in a rebuild on the go and we need to play these kids in the guts? Yeah we’ll cop some beltings but short term pain for long term gain.
I’m afraid of the sight of Pendlebury finally hanging up the boots and we have a bare cupboard to replace him with. That’s the reality at the minute.

i hate all the players. i dont mind jack crisp...isaac.... but I hate most of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is our kids compared to other teams kids, look like deer in headlights!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, problem is other teams have strong enough teams to have them in the side.
Our leaders are down on form and a few outs have got us at breaking point.

IQ was a star today, McCreery, Cameron were good.

Next three weeks loom large.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who gives a sh*t Nick still would have played better than Steele today.
Ok??
IM happy to get nd but have the list managements strategy been the best or has it hurt us long term?

I like poulter and McMahon as selections but given other teams willingness to move out of that draft and our currency with this 2021 pick I don’t wonder if we could of engineered a better result. Allowing us to get those 2 and a bit more.

The fact also remains our picks dont actually cover a top 6 let alone 1 bid.

Ok??
IM happy to get nd but have the list managements strategy been the best or has it hurt us long term?

I like poulter and McMahon as selections but given teams willingness to move out of that draft and our currency with this 2021 puck I don’t wonder if we could of engineered a better result.

The fact also remains our picks dont actually cover a top 6 let alone 1 bid.
Who GAF......Nick is a jet.

Build a f kn bridge people........we have bigger problems than GWS getting our first pick for Nick this year.

Look Collingwood and Essendon have owned this day for a long time but today we were not deserving of that honor.

This cannot be allowed to pass without action.

It should be a line in the sand moment - not for the kids but the so called seniors who have capitulated all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back