News 2021 ASICS Bulldogs Guernsey Revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looks good, would have been better to also have the FFC on the front for retail guernseys too though. Saying it’s a trial
That’s a big fail. People will want the same guernsey as the players wear. You would have thought the “sponsor opportunity” on the back would have liked that to be on the retail guernseys as well.
Edit: so the retail one still has FFC on the back I think.

Last edited:

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Love the new jumper. Our guernsey has improved nearly every year for the last decade. We’ve lost the cartoon bulldog and got the hoops back, the blue is now a truer Royal blue, the red cuffs and collar look great we just need to #raise the hoops up to traditional level up under cuffs across the chest not the belly.
And it looks great with Easton Wood wearing navy shorts. Until 1975 we wore black shorts at home and I reckon black might be too much, but navy shorts look amazing with the Royal blue jumper.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Love the new jumper. Our guernsey has improved nearly every year for the last decade. We’ve lost the cartoon bulldog and got the hoops back, the blue is now a truer Royal blue, the red cuffs and collar look great we just need to #raise the hoops up to traditional level up under cuffs across the chest not the belly.
And it looks great with Easton Wood wearing navy shorts. Until 1975 we wore black shorts at home and I reckon black might be too much, but navy shorts look amazing with the Royal blue jumper.
I think those navy shorts are for training though.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
47168FFE-9EFE-4C9D-9962-A097724827B7.jpeg

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So the sweat shop in Cambodia couldn't get the proper jumpers finished in time but the clubs happy for everyone to spend up and buy one of these trial designs then spend up again to buy one of the sweat shop versions when they arrive.......... ah no thanks

Scott Tracy

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I still miss the 2016 away Guernsey.
I want that back.
Maybe i'm the only one lol.
GettyImages-600347766-960x600.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When are we going to bring back the hoops on the long sleeve? Now that is a jumper i'd buy.

Also it's about time we wore this as a one off.

View attachment 1056645

We only had it for the 1898-1900 VFA seasons and won the premiership in all 3.
The lace-up front would be a real winner.
Imagine chest marking a Bont bullet pass with that down your front.
:eek:

I get that they are trying to replicate the look of the old school open neck and red collar, but that V shaped cut out at the neck makes it look like a pre-production piece of hot garbage.

The same goes for the relocation of the FFC to the front of Guernsey for what is without doubt the most AFL of reasons. More asinine advertising.

I do however like how the club tried to polish this turd. “While we were grateful for the opportunity to create an extra revenue opportunity for the Club, we were determined to keep FFC on the guernsey in a prominent position, because we know how important our history is to our members and fans." Hilarious.

Last edited:

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I get that they are trying to replicate the look of the old school open neck and red collar, but that V shaped cut out at the neck makes it look like a pre-production piece of hot garbage.

The same goes for the relocation of the FFC to the front of Guernsey for what is without doubt the most AFL of reasons. More asinine advertising.

I do however like how the club tried to polish this turd. “While we were grateful for the opportunity to create an extra revenue opportunity for the Club, we were determined to keep FFC on the guernsey in a prominent position, because we know how important our history is to our members and fans." Hilarious.

A few more years and the AFL will have all teams jumpers looking like Rugby jumpers, endless advertising with no ability to see the teams actual colours.

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not a fan of this one. To be picky, the red trims look too thick for my liking. The FFC outlined doesn't fit in and is hard to read. The shape above the Asics symbol is strange and something I'd expect on the Thor guernsey. I usually have no issues with our jumpers but this years is just gross to me

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
Sorry but I really don’t like the new guernsey. I don’t like the red on the collar or the sleeves. Much prefer last years one and to be honest I don’t know why they have to change it, although I bet it’s about making money from merchandise, but I wouldn’t buy it.

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
Not a fan of this one. To be picky, the red trims look too thick for my liking. The FFC outlined doesn't fit in and is hard to read. The shape above the Asics symbol is strange and something I'd expect on the Thor guernsey. I usually have no issues with our jumpers but this years is just gross to me
Agree totally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back