2021 Australian Summer of Tennis*

How will the Aussie Open look

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously mate, can you give your coronavirus conspiracy a rest in this thread? I get it, you have a different point of view, but I don't understand why you keep bringing it up in the tennis thread. Please just focus on the tennis here.
Noted mate, but I wasn’t bringing any conspiracies. Merely responding to a comment directed at me, and keep bringing it up? Only when it’s a topic of conversation.

We better hope the world is a better place in 12 months time BECAUSE there will no OZ Open in 2022 under the current rules - Interesting that a pop up tournament has been in organised in Singapore for the week after the OZ Open - Remember, Millman won his first ATP tournament at a pop up event in Tashkent.

Dayana Yastremska ban for doping has been confirmed. So, she made the trip to Aus and do 14 days of hard quarantine for nothing.

will be good to see a LL take her place.
What a waste of a trip.

I'm surprised she even came to Melbourne with a pending case and to go through 14 days quarantine

You can't have 2 weeks of lead-up tournaments before the OZ Open because it conflicts with the rest of the calendar - Two weeks of the season has already been wiped because of quarantine.

You can't have 2 weeks of lead-up tournaments before the OZ Open because it conflicts with the rest of the calendar - Two weeks of the season has already been wiped because of quarantine.
This will not be a normal season. Tournament schedule will be different from the norm. Considering it's a grand slam, should have had a 2 week lead up of tournaments.
I'm sure someone would have been pushing for a 2 week lead in. A lot would have played out behind the scenes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will not be a normal season. Tournament schedule will be different from the norm. Considering it's a grand slam, should have had a 2 week lead up of tournaments.
I'm sure someone would have been pushing for a 2 week lead in. A lot would have played out behind the scenes.

Originally there was to be a three week lead into the tournament until the Victorian Government changed the dates, for the tournament, so the ATP/WTA were working around conflicts in setting a calendar for the first two months of 2022 - Just found out there is a WTA 250 tournament in the second week of the OZ Open which is badly needed as the WTA is struggling far more than the ATP with their schedule.

In hindsight, there should have been 2 weeks of lead up tournaments before the Aus Open. It's going to be an insane week leading up the the AO.

As has been said, the dates moving to 8th February sort of made this impossible....

It's going to be a fun week next week. Wonder how it will all look....

AO still 2 weeks away. Usually up to finals by now in normal times...
Been ok though had time to do other things, would normally not get a break between all the sports I watch...

I am going to miss the references to the Australia Day fireworks and whether it's a distraction to the players! :p

I am going to miss the references to the Australia Day fireworks and whether it's a distraction to the players! :p

At least they won't be awarding Margaret Court her Companion AO on RLA tomorrow (Evonne had her presentation of the same award there a couple of years back). That would have been yet another distraction...

At least they won't be awarding Margaret Court her Companion AO on RLA tomorrow (Evonne had her presentation of the same award there a couple of years back). That would have been yet another distraction...

They wouldn’t have anyway, they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to even acknowledge her 50 years last year.

I watched that Nadal interview about Quarantine - It shows that Djokovic is a much better advocate for the players - Anyway as I predicted it was better to test positive on arrival then to be a close contact - One of the coaches who tested positive on arrival has been released from hard quarantine after 10 days because COVID is out of his system.

Back