• Poll closed .

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Does he have any fans? Like honestly? We always hear channel 9 and 7 in the past pumping him up like he’s some amazing Aussie tennis hero. Who actually respects him? He is a child. Can’t wait until he’s forever a distant memory.
I watched 5 mins of the match and switched off. Nick doesn't respect the game or opponents, it's annoying to watch nowadays
I would rather watch paint dry than Krygios. Ditto about not respecting the game. I wish he would go and do something else with his life instead of stinking up a tennis court.

Happy if he is not going to participant in any tournaments for the year.
sddefault.jpg

The positive test has come from a quarantine worker assigned to the Hyatt Hotel where the tennis cohort were staying. There is zero chance it came from the community.

There is not zero chance it came from the community - The cut off for community transmission is 28 days which makes it on the cusp - It is a possibility, albeit a small possibility.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
There is not zero chance it came from the community - The cut off for community transmission is 28 days which makes it on the cusp - It is a possibility, albeit a small possibility.

Plus they are still getting positive tests in the wastewater samples so it’s very likely there is undiagnosed cases out there.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Amazing effort to keep this event going.

I think the next few days could disappoint a few fans. I expect to see a fair few withdrawals and a bit of tanking in the men's events. Yesterday obviously has made it worse but they needed to find a way to finish this week's events on the Saturday.

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth

I think the next few days could disappoint a few fans. I expect to see a fair few withdrawals and a bit of tanking in the men's events. Yesterday obviously has made it worse but they needed to find a way to finish this week's events on the Saturday.
yeah. The ATP should have done what the WTA did and hold a hard quarantine cup. that would have allowed an early start to the other tournaments. and they really should just do what the girls are regarding 3 sets. there is 8!!! matches on MCA today because of this. the WTA will get through the 1/4s of all tournaments(perhaps not the quarantine one. not sure on that one)

The warm up tournament is just that. Nobody really cares, they just want a 'competitive' hitout before AO.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The warm up tournament is just that. Nobody really cares, they just want a 'competitive' hitout before AO.

That's my point, in particular a week before a grand slam. I'd say if you gave an option to anyone in the top 30 playing today to withdraw they would all just about take it.

That's my point, in particular a week before a grand slam. I'd say if you gave an option to anyone in the top 30 playing today to withdraw they would all just about take it.

Not really. It's glorified practice, but after 2 weeks of sitting on their asses with limited court time (at best) through quarantine, they'd just want to get out and hit the ball.

Maybe you're right about the top 30...They'll be seeded and usually get a pretty soft opponent first up (so more 'practice'), but many of them would still be concerned about the chance of an upset and being bundled out early for what is a pretty big tournament (for both $$$ and ranking pts)

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
In a usual year they would withdraw/tank for sure but after last year being so interrupted and this year promising the same they do actually have to win some money somewhere.

People will be more likely to tank after they have seen the Aus Open draw. If they get a good draw there then they will pull out / tank the warm ups. If they draw Djokovic etc in R1 at the Aus then they will try and go as far as they can in the warm ups as they will just lose R1 anyway.

As far as the men go most of the big guys are at the ATP cup anyway.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
The Mugs form line is very very good. If she has turned up, good luck beating her. The most dangerous player on the draw on her day.

Someones else's formline which isn't very good is Kyrgios. Big chance for Bolt v Stan here. And here comes the rain

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Someone explain to me why the crowds are this bad? Like you’ve got the majority of the worlds best playing, could literally move down and sit on the front row. There would be lucky to be 50 people at most of these matches. I know the weather, covid, upcoming AO, but this is genuinely embarrassing. Lucky players are used to playing with no fans, because this is awful.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Someone explain to me why the crowds are this bad? Like you’ve got the majority of the worlds best playing, could literally move down and sit on the front row. There would be lucky to be 50 people at most of these matches. I know the weather, covid, upcoming AO, but this is genuinely embarrassing. Lucky players are used to playing with no fans, because this is awful.
You were not able to buy tickets to the atp cup today due to the positive case in Wednesday night. You could still buy tickets for MCA today and tonight however for the wta matches.

Back