2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Kerang to places like Gisborne, Kyneton and Maryborough wouldn't be too attractive I don't think. With Castlemaine their is the opportunity to go in the MCDFL and then create a Div 1 and Div 2 of that Competition. There would be a chance of another Club or two from the Central Highlands jumping over as well. Div 1 could have a higher Cap and the standard would be quite reasonable I think.

Im notsure it would work with relegation promotion tho. No club in the MCDFL would do any better than Castlemaine is right now and I don’t think the league would be interested.

I think fly is talking about a two tired mcdfl as opposed to any other Castlemaine based club joining the bfl. I'm not sold on two tiered comps in country footy, especially for a minor league, why not just have one big league and play each other once? My thinking with Maine to the central highlands, is it is a point of difference from mcdfl, slightly higher standard to attract people to play there, if all clubs surrounding Castlemaine play in the same league not sure why you would play for Maine over Maldon, if you're already at Maldon. Is there too many clubs around the Maine, they could merge with Campbell's creek and play home games at both ovals in the central highlands

Im notsure it would work with relegation promotion tho. No club in the MCDFL would do any better than Castlemaine is right now and I don’t think the league would be interested.

I think fly is talking about a two tired mcdfl as opposed to any other Castlemaine based club joining the bfl. I'm not sold on two tiered comps in country footy, especially for a minor league, why not just have one big league and play each other once? My thinking with Maine to the central highlands, is it is a point of difference from mcdfl, slightly higher standard to attract people to play there, if all clubs surrounding Castlemaine play in the same league not sure why you would play for Maine over Maldon, if you're already at Maldon. Is there too many clubs around the Maine, they could merge with Campbell's creek and play home games at both ovals in the central highlands
Yep that's what I meant. The issue I have with big Leagues 12 Plus is that it makes a Clubs chance to have some success every so often very slim. 8 to 9 to 10 is ideal.

I still can’t see the top 5 changing and I say that as a south bendigo supporter! Hope I am wrong. The next 3 weeeks will obviously be huge for the bloods vs slags strath and square. GO SOUTH!!

The winner of South v Sandhurst will be undefeated after 5 rounds and be in a very strong position to make the finals. The loser will joint Strath, Eaglehawk, Gisbourne & Square and one of these teams will have a very unwanted vacation in September.

I think Gizzy twos would have beat them comfortably lion, I reckon I could get a game in their ones still.

How long has it being since they changed their jumper? I think the Castlemaine community need to decide if they want to play in the bfl anymore

Safe to say Castlemaine won't win a game this year

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the moment i cant even see them being competitive in the MCDFL,
I think Gizzy twos would have beat them comfortably lion, I reckon I could get a game in their ones still.

How long has it being since they changed their jumper? I think the Castlemaine community need to decide if they want to play in the bfl anymore

At the moment i cant even see them being competitive in the MCDFL,

The way things are Castlemaine may be unlikely to see out the year with two senior teams. They are really struggling with numbers and things are only going to be bleaker as the year progresses. Not enough players and finance available to be somewhat competitive. In the Castlemaine area there are too many clubs competing for players and sponsorship dollars which have been greatly impacted due to the pandemic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way things are Castlemaine may be unlikely to see out the year with two senior teams. They are really struggling with numbers and things are only going to be bleaker as the year progresses. Not enough players and finance available to be somewhat competitive. In the Castlemaine area there are too many clubs competing for players and sponsorship dollars which have been greatly impacted due to the pandemic.

What about the top 5 from Bendigo and the top 5 from Ballarat making up a new comp. Would make a very competitive structure - the other teams can find homes like Beaufort and Daylesford when they left the Ballarat league.

What about the top 5 from Bendigo and the top 5 from Ballarat making up a new comp. Would make a very competitive structure - the other teams can find homes like Beaufort and Daylesford when they left the Ballarat league.
That’s genuinely not the worst idea. Do you have reckon combing the two would work and having two divisions

Would the Eastern block of teams in the Ballarat league and Kyneton and Gisborne all go to the Riddell league, to have a two tiered comp there, then have the Ballarat and Bendigo town teams make a league, with Maryborough and Castlemaine go to the central highlands ?

Junior comps would stay in Ballarat and Bendigo

That’s genuinely not the worst idea. Do you have reckon combing the two would work and having two divisions

Would the Eastern block of teams in the Ballarat league and Kyneton and Gisborne all go to the Riddell league, to have a two tiered comp there, then have the Ballarat and Bendigo town teams make a league, with Maryborough and Castlemaine go to the central highlands ?

You’d never get Sunbury and Gisborne to go to Riddell

Gisborne would be far too strong for the Riddell League.
They would be a good fit if the best Bendigo League clubs joined the best Ballarat league clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the sunbury teams joined and the Melton's Bacchus and Darley it would be a super strong two tiered comp with not much travel

Then have the Bendigo town sides and Ballarat town sides have a goldfields comp
Gisborne would be far too strong for the Riddell League.
They would be a good fit if the best Bendigo League clubs joined the best Ballarat league clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back