2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Castemaines pretty popular with tree changers too, as are Drouin and Warragul. Those towns have almost changed identities, where people moving there don't really care about footy as much as generations that moved there before.

Good to see Kyenton on the up, any chance of luring weightman back or Mahony going back to the borough?
I am seeing a fair few moving on from Sandhurst, and with Bennett’s appointment at North Bendigo I assume the list will only grow.

surely the Covid impact on a couple of these Bendigo sides will really be evident over the next 24 months??

I am seeing a fair few moving on from Sandhurst, and with Bennett’s appointment at North Bendigo I assume the list will only grow.

surely the Covid impact on a couple of these Bendigo sides will really be evident over the next 24 months??

Not sure Bomber will take any from Sandhurst to North but the couple going to Kerang will leave a hole

Not sure Bomber will take any from Sandhurst to North but the couple going to Kerang will leave a hole

Beau Cross has signed with North’s I believe with a few more to follow over the next couple of days. As loyal as you are to a club, if the bank becomes empty it doesn’t leave players with much of a choice

Not sure too many Bendigo based clubs will be different in the bank, they rely on sponsors, who all have been heavily affected, you might see more head to the hdfl, north central or central Murray that have an Ag side, which isn't as heavily impacted as town sponsors

Beau Cross has signed with North’s I believe with a few more to follow over the next couple of days. As loyal as you are to a club, if the bank becomes empty it doesn’t leave players with much of a choice

Not sure too many Bendigo based clubs will be different in the bank, they rely on sponsors, who all have been heavily affected, you might see more head to the hdfl, north central or central Murray that have an Ag side, which isn't as heavily impacted as town sponsors

There won’t be too much extra money floating around anywhere now which is probably a good thing as players with over inflated egos and higher prices placed on their head than what they are really worth are now going to receive a significant reality check. With sponsors struggling and little/ no monies being made by clubs in the last 2 years things are tight and that has now forced clubs to invest in local players and not bring in overpriced mercenaries who often deliver nothing and just take the money. That has to be a good thing for community footy in general.

There won’t be too much extra money floating around anywhere now which is probably a good thing as players with over inflated egos and higher prices placed on their head than what they are really worth are now going to receive a significant reality check. With sponsors struggling and little/ no monies being made by clubs in the last 2 years things are tight and that has now forced clubs to invest in local players and not bring in overpriced mercenaries who often deliver nothing and just take the money. That has to be a good thing for community footy in general.

would suggest Kerang are still finding a way to share the love.

Kerang have one of the highest local ratios going around, where many local stars play for next to nothing to get a couple of recruits, they have Curnow, Heavyside and 2 guys from Sandhurst, the rest are locals
would suggest Kerang are still finding a way to share the love.
Cohuna too. Findlay and conforti won’t be cheap players

Kerang have one of the highest local ratios going around, where many local stars play for next to nothing to get a couple of recruits, they have Curnow, Heavyside and 2 guys from Sandhurst, the rest are locals

Play for nothing you say? Possibly but I’d be quite surprised if that’s the case with some of those names but not going to get into one of these things on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were always under the cap back in the 90s when I played against them... but their netballers, who were partners of senior players, were very well payed to play netball and canteen duties 🤣🤣

Yea i thought it was a bit weird that their was 14 kids (All with dads playing in the seniors) all getting paid $1500 a week to play Auskick, makes sense now

Nothing wrong with driving a chaser bin for a couple of days for $800 an hour.

Was going to say the same Post. They are quietly well known for getting people to do that and other rural based duties for a princely fee which is sometimes well above $800 an hour... This has gone on for years....

Was Beau Cross injured this year? He only player 1 or 2 games I think.

The Advertiser has Zac Pallpratt returning to Sandhurst, but does not mention brother Jake who coached Benalla last year. Will Jake also be coming to the Dragons?

Tim Walsh from gisborne gone back to Riddell Footy club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back