2021 best 22 (and sub)

Noofa Murphy

Rookie
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With Cam potentially out for the season, does anyone know if we can sign another player ( like Melbourne with Daw today) or is it simply someone can be elevated from the rookie or rookie b list ?

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Linc is the one for me who now has to spend more time in there. Said previously I thought we were at least one other quality mid away from challenging the best. Was hoping that would be Cam this year, but not to be, so I’m hoping Linc can step up in there instead.

Linc is the one for me who now has to spend more time in there. Said previously I thought we were at least one other quality mid away from challenging the best. Was hoping that would be Cam this year, but not to be, so I’m hoping Linc can step up in there instead.
I'd prefer to give someone like Ely Smith a crack. Losing both Rayner & Linc from the forward line from last year in one hit would be too much.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Felt like when Cam went down Berry really thought he needed to be the one who stepped up. Thought he would have really broken out as a player last year but didnt really happen. As bad as it was for Cam, l am hoping Berry thinks he is the man to really replace him as that inside bull who can go forward (really needs to sort out his goal kicking as does Zorko). I know Berry has always been a midfielders, but felt like he has been playing more wing than pure mid which i think suits him more.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
It's not as if Cam was any huge influence last year though . What we were hoping for this year was considerable improvement but it wasn't guaranteed.

You're talking a very good player if we need an inside bull who is also a goal kicking half forward.

I think McCarthy could have it in him to some degree. And agree it would be a big bonus if Zorks could get back to what he was a couple of years ago . Dev Robertson is one who could potentially step up but maybe a year or two away . CEY has the tools but unfortunately just hasn't shown he's near good enough so far.

It's devastating for Cam and the club mainly for what we hoped he would be , we can replace what he was last year. Fingers crossed we can get him back on the track for 2022. He really did seem fitter and focused this year. These young men never deserve what they cop with serious injuries but Cam seems the type to make the best of it.
I think he was a bigger influence than some realise...not a big stat getter but his work off the ball and ability to be strong over the pill is so underrated.

I agree McCarthy will be part of the solution along with Zorko. Part of me wonders how Starcevich would go swinging through the midefield as well.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think he was a bigger influence than some realise...not a big stat getter but his work off the ball and ability to be strong over the pill is so underrated.

I agree McCarthy will be part of the solution along with Zorko. Part of me wonders how Starcevich would go swinging through the midefield as well.
Starc is someone we hope could fill that role in the future. Not convinced he has the tank as yet. Maybe if he shows he has cemented a spot in the backline we could look at 2022.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Now that the dust is settling with Cam's injury :'( :'( :'( it is up to the coaches to figure out how to replace him.

Unfortunately I think we will need to use Lyons in a similar role as last year, which is a shame because it looked like he was being groomed to lead the second midfield unit. I also think Zorko must play more midfield minutes as we severely lack an explosive mid to go with guys like Danger and Dusty. Bailey will need to improve a bit as a pure mid as well.

I think for us to go any better than last season we will need someone to bob up and pick up the slack left by Cam's absence which is difficult given his unique skill set. Who do we have on the list who can be an inside bull but also a goal kicking half forward?
Cockatoo.

Has anybody heard any scuttlebutt on what the crowd arrangements will be for round 1 at the Gabba.

1- Will there be a crowd limit?
2- If there is a crowd limit I assume that means there will be a ballot for admission.
3- Will we get to sit in our designated member seat, I changed seating pre the 2020 season to the most expensive option and didn't get to sit there at all.

Yep, QLD stadiums are currently at 100% capacity and people will have their normal ticketed seats. If you go onto the Lions app, your seats should show up there now.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Yep, QLD stadiums are currently at 100% capacity and people will have their normal ticketed seats. If you go onto the Lions app, your seats should show up there now.
By seats do you mean our season passes seeing we're not getting a hard membership card this year or you just talking about a seat map?

I don't have apps.

By seats do you mean our season passes seeing we're not getting a hard membership card this year or you just talking about a seat map?

I don't have apps.

I believe that is where tickets are accessible through this year. I think the club has just sent an email out to members this afternoon though with more information on that and how to access tickets.

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Reckon we'll see him in the first month or two? Can imagine he is going to be managed rather cautiously to start with.
Daly said today that he had a great preseason and had completed most of the work before this last hiccup. Also went on to say he will be playing in 2-3 weeks. I assume in the twos!

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
63FC9B18-9147-490F-996F-54FAFF784050.jpeg

If its inside bull, Deven might get a look in too.

Even in our practice games, looks like Rayner had the ball winning role and Neale/Lyons were spreading away. Rayner->Neale->Daniher goal was one of the first passage of play I think. From that perspective some of our plans may have gone a bit out of whack now. But like Fagan would say, it always presents a great opportunity for someone like Ely or Deven to step in and do that role.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
When Adams did not come up again last year, Lester took that role and had his best season.
Very sad for Rayner although if you look at positives someone who was out of the 22 gets a crack. E Smith, Dev etc.
Same as McStay now we seeing Fullarton get games.
Gardiner out we getting games in Payne

Back