2021 best 22 (and sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all. Apologies if not the right thread - please feel free to move it if there's a more appropriate place.

Wondering if you can give me the latest on CEY, Answerth & Coleman. How have they looked this preseason? Are you expecting them to get many senior games in 2021?

Coleman and Answerth Id say yes...CEY would be our last resort of we lost someone like Lyons...I just dont see him being a first choice right now.

And you meant the older Coleman brother, right?

Coleman and Answerth Id say yes...CEY would be our last resort of we lost someone like Lyons...I just dont see him being a first choice right now.

And you meant the older Coleman brother, right?

Thanks. Yeah I meant Keidean.

Which of the two (Coleman / Answerth) do you think is the better option late in a draft league?

Which of the two (Coleman / Answerth) do you think is the better option late in a draft league?

Speculatively, Answerth...Although Coleman may be safer with Rayners injury, for a more full time forward role.

Hi all. Apologies if not the right thread - please feel free to move it if there's a more appropriate place.

Wondering if you can give me the latest on CEY, Answerth & Coleman. How have they looked this preseason? Are you expecting them to get many senior games in 2021?
Answerth is out injured till about June.

Just going by what’s been mentioned previously here.
From what I have seen with his re-hab at training a couple of times, he is training ok and running well.
But still training away from the main group with no contact.
As far as time out, it’s kinda hard to determine because he does look fit.

Hi guys, does starvevich have scope to move up the ground? Seems to have the tools.. or is he too important where he is stationed at the moment
Likely to stay where he is at the moment I would think.
We do need a long term replacement for Robbo on the wing and he may be able to fill that role well but I doubt it is this year.

Hi guys, does starvevich have scope to move up the ground? Seems to have the tools.. or is he too important where he is stationed at the moment

There are plenty on here who think so although personally I disagree. He is still developing and I think they will settle him into his defense first role before expanding that. He is a big bodied HB that I think Fagan feels he can give a variety of defensive roles to and there is probably not anyone knocking down the door to allow him to be moved into another role. That is especially the case with Answerth out atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither are likely to be scoring options. I would look elsewhere.

If I were looking at the fringe lions I would be going with Robertson, Sharp, Madden or Prior. None are short term prospects but if you had a dynasty league they are a good chance to pay off in future years if they get a good run at it. All have talent and scoring ability.

CEY not the man?

Seems Ely Smith or Mattho might be first in line based on this boards predictions but CEY has the ability to go inside and also play a bit forward even though it might not be that great.

Interesting choice between those 3 i feel.

I have a strong feeling it will be Ely Smith, what better time. Yes training as a wing but is junior inside product and also half forward ability maybe allows Bailey more inside time next to Lyons and Neale with Berry.

Most likely best 22 for Round 1 against the Swans, according to the injury news & hype around the players and the club this pre-season IMO.

ROUND 1 vs. SYDNEY SWANS
B:
Rich, Andrews, Starcevich
HB: Ah Chee, Payne, Birchall
C: McCluggage, Bailey, Robinson
HF: Zorko, Hipwood, McCarthy
FF: Cameron, Daniher, Fullarton
FO: McInerney, Neale, Lyons
INT: J.Berry, K.Coleman, Lester, E.Smith

Ins from 2020 PF: Ely Smith, Joe Daniher, Keidan Coleman, Tom Fullarton,
Outs from 2020 PF: Cameron Rayner (injury), Cameron-Ellis Yolman (omitted), Daniel McStay (injury), Stefan Martin (traded)

Last edited:
Most likely best 22 for Round 1 against the Swans, according to the injury news & hype around the players and the club this pre-season IMO.

ROUND 1 vs. SYDNEY SWANS
B:

Ins from last match: Ely Smith, Joe Daniher, Keidan Coleman, Tom Fullarton,
Outs from last match: Cameron Rayner (injury), Cameron-Ellis Yolman (omitted), Daniel McStay (injury), Stefan Martin (traded)
That would be my 22

ROUND 1 vs. SYDNEY SWANS
B:

Ins from last match: Ely Smith, Joe Daniher, Keidan Coleman, Tom Fullarton,
Outs from last match: Cameron Rayner (injury), Cameron-Ellis Yolman (omitted), Daniel McStay (injury), Stefan Martin (traded)

Good side

Hard to argue with that

I would take Robinson out alll together, put Bailey on the wing, start J.Berry in the center and have Sharp on the interchange. Apart from that, the side looks pretty strong. Dizzy back for Round 2 would be huge.
Hard to imagine Robbo not being in the round 1 team especially now Rayner is out. Can’t imagine 2 debutants in for Cam and Robbo.
If Dizz is fit for Round 2 that is fantastic, in replace of Lester, maybe?
See how Payne goes round 1?

I don’t believe Starce was on Sexton for all of those goals.
Correct first goal looked like Birchall was on him, but it was a good pass out in front and nothing really any defender could do. Sexton's second goal was when Rich was 1 v 1 and gave away a free, so in Starc's defence appeared was not on him the entire time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back