Preview 2021 Best 22 Discussion

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hill should've been delisted two years ago. soft as butter even at his peak.

he's there on feel good vibe alone but you only give feel good contracts to hard pricks who bring a good culture.

Hill is a root rat. it's the reason we didn't land Kelly, and he also tried to shag Pav's sister.

another overrated Fremantle footballer. his brother is a dog too.

positive stuff? when we had character... when we paid for Fitzroy to be sent off with some semblance of pride... when we offered them to have a home game sacrificed so they could play their last one ever in their hometown. when we had adept, innovative coaches. when we lived in The Town. when we had guys who gave a sh*t. we might actually have a list pretty soon like that. I reckon we're close again. but 2014-2018 was a sh*tstain.
Hi Silent Alarm! Hope you had a nice chrissie and new year period! :)

Its an interesting point you raise but it is probably a good thing not landing Kelly, they wanted the picks we used to get Young and Serong and they are worth way more to us than he would be!

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hill should've been delisted two years ago. soft as butter even at his peak.

he's there on feel good vibe alone but you only give feel good contracts to hard pricks who bring a good culture.

Hill is a root rat. it's the reason we didn't land Kelly, and he also tried to shag Pav's sister.

another overrated Fremantle footballer. his brother is a dog too.

positive stuff? when we had character... when we paid for Fitzroy to be sent off with some semblance of pride... when we offered them to have a home game sacrificed so they could play their last one ever in their hometown. when we had adept, innovative coaches. when we lived in The Town. when we had guys who gave a sh*t. we might actually have a list pretty soon like that. I reckon we're close again. but 2014-2018 was a sh*tstain.

I reckon the only thing you got right in all of that is the last sentence. Those years will be looked back on with huge regret. The 3 seasons 16,17 and 18 are should already viewed as a shitshow.

Last edited:

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon the only thing you got right in all of that is the last sentence. Those years will be looked back on with huge regret. The 3 seasons 16,17 and 18 are should already viewed as a shitshow.
I don't think I've seen too many bring as complete a game as Stephen Hill did at the beginning of 2017. Was hard at the contest, clean outside of it and lethal with his decision making. Only got stopped by injury.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I don't think I've seen too many bring as complete a game as Stephen Hill did at the beginning of 2017. Was hard at the contest, clean outside of it and lethal with his decision making. Only got stopped by injury.
He was dominance in that time. Him and Brad. Stephen is pretty underrated given his ability to go inside then outside with his burst of speed.
Also watch him in 2012-2015. He was instrumental in a lot of rebounding from half back/centre to the forwards.
If we get a Hill that’s 100% fit, he can prove useful from half back with his kicking.

J Docker

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Hughes to take Nathan wilsons spit in the back 6? Interesting. Anyone want Nathan Wilson to play on a win or Forward flank? On of wilsons strengths is his pace.

I still think Stephen Hill has one good year left. Age and a broken down leg isn't helping.

He was a free agent a year ago and no one wanted him due to his injuries.🤪🤪

Hoping the strength and conditioning staff and help him. If they do, we could get 2-3 good seasons out of him
What does it say that no other team looked sideways at him when he was a free agent, yet majority of BF have him as best 22.

I might be negative but at least it's truth

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
What does it say that no other team looked sideways at him when he was a free agent, yet majority of BF have him as best 22.

I think people just want to see whether someone who's been a fine player for the club has a decent season or two left in him. The coaching staff will make the call week-to-week on whether Hill is best 22.

J Docker

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think people just want to see whether someone who's been a fine player for the club has a decent season or two left in him. The coaching staff will make the call week-to-week on whether Hill is best 22.
Didn't really answer my question but agree nonetheless.

All's I'm saying is we finally got a young healthy list, let's not waste it on broken veterans because it's the honorable thing to do.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas

Fremantle signed Hill up before the trade period for free agency. Prior to that there were reports that he was being chased by Gold Coast.

Gold Coast set sights on Fremantle Dockers speedster Stephen Hill | The West Australian

Suns set their sights on Stephen Hill (theage.com.au)

Stephen Hill agrees to Fremantle Dockers' terms for a two-year contract extension (theage.com.au)

Megalon

Skills pay the bills
Jun 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hill is an interesting one, I think most of us are probably thinking that one major hammy or calf injury will never see him play AFL again, but he managed to play the last 8 games of the season. With the appointment of Phil Merriman I'm wondering if we could see the Renaissance of Hill - he was played too much inside during the latter part of the Ross Lyon era which corresponded to his body breaking down and also the same kind of issues many players were having under Weber (repeat soft tissue injuries).

There could be a chance to get Hill's body right is what I'm saying :thumbsu:

Draftables

Rookie
Nov 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Have a new series going on our website in preparation of the 2021 season. Running through all the club's lists and best 22s and Fremantle has just dropped. Always feel like a supporters' judgement is one of the best going around so give us a follow, check it out and let us know your thoughts!

J Docker

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
J Griffin was a better ruckman than Sandilands.

Sandilands was a fu**in moron. okay around the taps but completely useless as a footballer. Griffin at least was useable around the ground.

Sandilands used to handball off every mark he got, which wasn't really a mark but he got overcompensated and got lots of frees. if a club was half smart they would've worked it out.

he couldn't rest forward, he couldn't kick a goal, and he couldn't mark. absolute ******* moron as far as footballers go.

anyway, apparently I have sh*t opinions... I said Hogan was an entitled, spoilt little boy and we should delist him. we delisted the charlatan and everyone said what an amazing move it was. same as Ross Lyon. reality is: I've got better opinions than most on here.

does anyone remember when that old fogey used to post on here and someone chipped him about how he was a known pest at Fremantle Oval? or the big gangstarrrrrr who got into smoking ice and posting on here? and they were 'well respected' posters.

anyway, original point: Sandilands is a moron. sh*t footballer. then again this forum reckons Paul Duffield was sh*t...
Duffield was in underrated gun!

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have a new series going on our website in preparation of the 2021 season. Running through all the club's lists and best 22s and Fremantle has just dropped. Always feel like a supporters' judgement is one of the best going around so give us a follow, check it out and let us know your thoughts!

good job guys, enjoyed reading :)

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas

We're looking for more run and carry. There's no one on the bench that gives us that, and not enough on the field.

J Docker

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

not a bad starting 22. Forward line is a work in progress but Justin Longmuir has some talent to work with

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Sorry, but I don't understand this. There are not many clubs like Geelong who can just trade in other team's stars for cheap to top up and stay at the top. IMO most success is built off the back of going to the bottom, getting in a base of great top 10 talent to build from, and then topping up as you rise and build momentum. And yes, unsurprisingly, when you sit on the bottom, you will look like a sh5tshow. Everyone's lauding Brisbane now but they only built almost that whole team off the back of sitting on the bottom of the ladder or close to it for the past decade. If we only have to see 4 years of it to build off this base of talent we have got (yes I would have also preferred Ben King in the 2018 draft rather than Hogan in hindsight but we haven't got much else that wrong in drafting recently) I will be pretty happy.

During those years we got:
  • Griffin Logue
  • Sean Darcy
  • Brennan Cox
  • Luke Ryan
  • Taylin Duman
  • Brayshaw
  • Cerra
  • Crowden
  • (Swita)
  • (Meek)
  • Sturt
  • Valente
  • (Shultz)
  • (Bewley)
That's most of our current midfield and backline. Certainly no regrats from me (bar Benking).

We also added Joel Hamling at the end of 2016

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry, but I don't understand this. There are not many clubs like Geelong who can just trade in other team's stars for cheap to top up and stay at the top. IMO most success is built off the back of going to the bottom, getting in a base of great top 10 talent to build from, and then topping up as you rise and build momentum. And yes, unsurprisingly, when you sit on the bottom, you will look like a sh5tshow. Everyone's lauding Brisbane now but they only built almost that whole team off the back of sitting on the bottom of the ladder or close to it for the past decade. If we only have to see 4 years of it to build off this base of talent we have got (yes I would have also preferred Ben King in the 2018 draft rather than Hogan in hindsight but we haven't got much else that wrong in drafting recently) I will be pretty happy.

During those years we got:
  • Griffin Logue
  • Sean Darcy
  • Brennan Cox
  • Luke Ryan
  • Taylin Duman
  • Brayshaw
  • Cerra
  • Crowden
  • (Swita)
  • (Meek)
  • Sturt
  • Valente
  • (Shultz)
  • (Bewley)
That's most of our current midfield and backline. Certainly no regrats from me (bar Benking).

Each to their own I guess and certainly drafting was a positive during those years, so at least we got one thing right. During that time we also had;

• the most 100+ point floggings that we've ever had! Not even in our inception or the dark days of Drummy were we as bad.
  • lost one of our best players due to discontent
  • our head coach get charged with sexual harassment
  • our head coach spit the dummy pre-season leaving his assistants which included Hale in his first year of coaching and Guerra in his 3rd run the preseason programme
  • repeatedly had a substandard record of injury and injury management and despite this and the club claiming that they reviewed this every off season make no changes
  • traded in Bennell, completely ****ed his ankle, then re-signed him!
  • traded in Hogan!
  • signed our head coach up to a 5 year multi-million dollar contract!

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Each to their own I guess and certainly drafting was a positive during those years, so at least we got one thing right. During that time we also had;

• the most 100+ point floggings that we've ever had! Not even in our inception or the dark days of Drummy were we as bad.
  • lost one of our best players due to discontent
  • our head coach get charged with sexual harassment
  • our head coach spit the dummy pre-season leaving his assistants which included Hale in his first year of coaching and Guerra in his 3rd run the preseason programme
  • repeatedly had a substandard record of injury and injury management and despite this and the club claiming that they reviewed this every off season make no changes
  • traded in Bennell, completely f’ed his ankle, then re-signed him!
  • traded in Hogan!
  • signed our head coach up to a 5 year multi-million dollar contract!
that's one of my points. It's rarely not a sh5tshow on the bottom whether it got you there or started because you were there. Adelaide has been certainly outdoing our list of sh5tshowness, with North starting to build their list and now Collingwood looking around for someone to hold their beer.

Adelaide - 2017 one win from a premiership. Since then (not in order):
  • Lost Jake Lever and Charlie Cameron
  • Recruited Bryce Gibbs for 2 first round picks
  • Abusive pre-season camp where "prop guns, combat knives and players tied to trees as teammates hurled personal abuse at them"
  • Head coach Don Pyke leaves and senior assistant Scott Camporeale and Brett Burton sacked
  • Captain stepped down
  • More players leave - inc. Mitch McGovern, Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Josh Jenkins, Hugh Greenwood, Alex Keath, Cam Ellis-Yolmen
  • Football director Mark Ricciuto,made public "justification for the player exodus, claiming those who left did so mainly for money or were pushed out"
  • Brad Crouch and Tyson Stengle were stopped by police and allegedly caught in possession of an illicit substance
  • Tyson Stengle stood down after third incident in one year
  • Police fined Crow, Josh Worrell, for drink-driving and using his mobile phone while at the wheel.
  • Club great Andrew McLeod says he "doesn't feel comfortable" going back to the club.
  • Recently lost Rory Atkins and Brad Crouch
Being on the bottom is just sh5t but if you make the best of it swapping coaches, drafting in young talent, you can get off there and move on pretty quick like what we seem to have done.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
that's one of my points. It's rarely not a sh5tshow on the bottom whether it got you there or started because you were there. Adelaide has been certainly outdoing our list of sh5tshowness, with North starting to build their list and now Collingwood looking around for someone to hold their beer.

Adelaide - 2017 one win from a premiership. Since then (not in order):
  • Lost Jake Lever and Charlie Cameron
  • Recruited Bryce Gibbs for 2 first round picks
  • Abusive pre-season camp where "prop guns, combat knives and players tied to trees as teammates hurled personal abuse at them"
  • Head coach Don Pyke leaves and senior assistant Scott Camporeale and Brett Burton sacked
  • Captain stepped down
  • More players leave - inc. Mitch McGovern, Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Josh Jenkins, Hugh Greenwood, Alex Keath, Cam Ellis-Yolmen
  • Football director Mark Ricciuto,made public "justification for the player exodus, claiming those who left did so mainly for money or were pushed out"
  • Brad Crouch and Tyson Stengle were stopped by police and allegedly caught in possession of an illicit substance
  • Tyson Stengle stood down after third incident in one year
  • Police fined Crow, Josh Worrell, for drink-driving and using his mobile phone while at the wheel.
  • Club great Andrew McLeod says he "doesn't feel comfortable" going back to the club.
  • Recently lost Rory Atkins and Brad Crouch
Being on the bottom is just sh5t but if you make the best of it swapping coaches, drafting in young talent, you can get off there and move on pretty quick like what we seem to have done.
The Gibbs Deal is often over exaggerated in terms of how badly Adelaide fared. The first round picks they have up were picks 10 &16. Carltons second round pick the next year came back the other way and ended up being pick 19 as they were spooners. They got Carlton 2018 3rd rounder back too. That start of the second round pick was very handy for the crows as it’s the first pick on day 2 of the draft and they sold it to GWS i think for a tidy profit after an overnight bidding war between clubs.
They also managed to offload Mitch McGovern in that deal which was a masterstroke in hindsight. Macadam looks a decent bit of steak knives too that wouldn’t have gotten there without the Gibbs deal.

vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Well...considering the topic this is what I perceive as being the best case B22:
Fremantle%20Dockers%20B22.jpeg

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back