Prediction 2021 best 22

Wilbur23

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey guys, fantasy question here.

Just wondering if the Giants have any draftees from either 2020, or the last couple years who are doing well in the intra-club games/scratch match from this week. Would you expect them to be best 22?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have nothing better to do than copy and paste the same thing (just swapping the team name) in every single teams thread ? I believe their is an AFL Fantasy forum on here somewhere. Go there.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I think it’s premature thinking that our window has closed. This is still a very strong team on paper.

I’m really interested to see what happens with Flynn. If he has a good start to the year we could end up playing both him and Preuss and 2 or HH/Finlayson/Riccardi/Hogan miss out. Flynn he can take a grab and kick a goal.

Haynes Davis Ash
Ward Taylor Whitfield
Perryman Tarranto Buckley
Greene HH Bruhn/Angwin
Hill Riccardi Daniels
Flynn/Preuss Coniglio Kelly

Hopper Green Finlayson/Hogan Cumming

MDB
Lloyd
Buntine
Idun
Keefe
Kennedy
Lloyd
XO
Angwin

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Haynes Davis Ash
Ward Taylor Whitfield
Greene HH Bruhn/Angwin
Hill Riccardi Daniels

I like the balance of that forward line better than most I've seen in dispatches.

They are forever going too tall down there with not enough players who can lock it in.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I think it’s premature thinking that our window has closed. This is still a very strong team on paper.

I’m really interested to see what happens with Flynn. If he has a good start to the year we could end up playing both him and Preuss and 2 or HH/Finlayson/Riccardi/Hogan miss out. Flynn he can take a grab and kick a goal.

Haynes Davis Ash
Ward Taylor Whitfield
Greene HH Bruhn/Angwin
Hill Riccardi Daniels

MDB
Lloyd
Buntine
Idun
Keefe
Kennedy
Lloyd
XO
Angwin
Missing Josh Kelly?!

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, so where do you guys think Green is for your midfield rotation?

Is your primary rotation Hopper - Taranto - Cogs? With Kelly - Green - De Boar being that secondary choice?

So essentially, how much time on ground % are you expecting from Green, and do you expect him to play in any other role to rest or goes straight to the bench for a break?

Is your primary rotation Hopper - Taranto - Cogs? With Kelly - Green - De Boar being that secondary choice?

So essentially, how much time on ground % are you expecting from Green, and do you expect him to play in any other role to rest or goes straight to the bench for a break?
I reckon he is definitely part of the inside rotation, but I think it is inside or bench.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

I imagine he'll have some stints up forward, he's not a terrible mark or tackler when he gets near an opponent so there's worse options to have down there. I think he's in our primary rotation alongside Taranto, Hopper is the one I think might drop out for him actually

We are in a bit of strife after watching tonight’s game. These rules are great for quick teams... which we aren’t.
we aren't??

Id have thought we were very quick, and our best players are in the open (Whitfield and Kelly), we have been better when footy is fast

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
we aren't??

Id have thought we were very quick, and our best players are in the open (Whitfield and Kelly), we have been better when footy is fast
Sounds like from Leon's dispatches that he's still mainly preoccupied with winning contested ball rather than trying to speed the whole show up.

Different from David Noble as an example who has been preaching the fast, direct at all costs game plan from day 1.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I would like to think the new rules will help teams with elite runners as the man on the mark Can’t negate the overlap run like he used to. In an ideal world the rule allows our big runners with skills like Whitfield and Kelly to really impact through the middle

it makes defending that 45 degree kick coming out of def crucial. Cos once teams have that mark on the edge of the center square, it should break the next line

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
For Rd 1, considering Saints likely lineup, I’d go with:
Ash Davis Haynes
Cumming Taylor Ward
Kelly Taranto Perryman
Greene Riccardi Hill
Cogs HH Lloyd

Flynn Hopper Green

DeBoer Idun OHalloran Bruhn

In the actual games I expect it would be Finlayson.
If he is in the team.
Only a trial, but based on the Swans game, I think he might be outside the 22

Ward and Buckley were at least as effective as Finlayson in the ruck, and Harry way more effective. So I don't think the ability to play in the ruck will help him get the spot, he'll have to earn that from his primary role.

That said, if he is in the team, he'll back up in the ruck.

For Rd 1, considering Saints likely lineup, I’d go with:
Ash Davis Haynes
Cumming Taylor Ward
Kelly Taranto Perryman
Greene Riccardi Hill
Cogs HH Lloyd

Flynn Hopper Green

DeBoer Idun OHalloran Bruhn

That wont be too far away.
Reid, Finlayson and Buckley probably in the mix.

My suspicion on Finlayson coming later is because we know what he offers and wanted to get more of a look/run for the younger guys.
That is a possibility.
Not my read on it though. (but ive been wrong a million times before)

Back