B: Howe, Rough, Noble
HB: Quaynor, Moore, Maynard
C: Daicos, De Goey, Crisp
HF: Elliott, Checkers, Sidebum
F: Ruscoe, Cox, Henry

Ruck: Grundy, Adams, Pendlebury

Int: Sier, T Brown, Greenwood, ?

The last spot is difficult to pick.
If we go taller it's obviously going to be Kelly. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the 2019 draftees such as Rantall gets a run, or otherwise Mayne. The 2020 draftees are coming from a long way back.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
B: Howe, Rough, Noble
HB: Quaynor, Moore, Maynard
C: Daicos, De Goey, Crisp
HF: Elliott, Checkers, Sidebum
F: Ruscoe, Cox, Henry

Ruck: Grundy, Adams, Pendlebury

Int: Sier, T Brown, Greenwood, ?

The last spot is difficult to pick.
If we go taller it's obviously going to be Kelly. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the 2019 draftees such as Rantall gets a run, or otherwise Mayne. The 2020 draftees are coming from a long way back.

Can't see WHE missing given his performance in the game down at KP.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can't see WHE missing given his performance in the game down at KP.

You're probably right, but I personally just don't rate him anymore.

He hasn't been worth his spot in the 22 for 2 full seasons now. Very average AFL player (if that).

That said, if he has had a good preseason and absolutely deserves his spot, then I'd be comfortable with him being that 22nd man where I've put the question mark. All in all, I think that would be a pretty well balanced side.

Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have a feeling these new rules will really expose those that are not good by foot.

I think that spells the end for Cal And Tyler Brown.

Have a feeling these new rules will really expose those that are not good by foot.

It's going to be interesting with the stationary man on the mark. I thought that they'd try to exploit it by more blokes running past for the handball and run and carry to break the press, but all the talk has been about spotting up more inside kicks.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Conversely, it'll be a boon to players who have good evasion, run hard, and look to get the footy moving. Could well be the making of them.

MagicGnome97

All Australian
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
My predicted round 1 team:

B - Howe Roughead Maynard
HB - Crisp Moore Quaynor
C - T.Brown Pendlebury Noble
HF - Sidebottom Mihocek C.Brown
F - Elliott Cox Daicos

Foll - Grundy Adams De Goey

IC - Cameron Thomas WHE Sier

Kelly is obviously hurt but I'm assuming that everyone else is able to get up for this game. So Adams and Mihocek ready in time and Sidey okay for the game too.

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
My predicted round 1 team:

B - Howe Roughead Maynard
HB - Crisp Moore Quaynor
C - T.Brown Pendlebury Noble
HF - Sidebottom Mihocek C.Brown
F - Elliott Cox Daicos

Foll - Grundy Adams De Goey

IC - Cameron Thomas WHE Sier

Kelly is obviously hurt but I'm assuming that everyone else is able to get up for this game. So Adams and Mihocek ready in time and Sidey okay for the game too.

I don’t know how you can possibly pick all of C Brown T Brown Thomas and WHE after tonight’s game.

For mine only T Brown scraped a pass mark from that quartet. His brother had another shocker, especially when he had chances to score. He is bereft of confidence and needs to be dropped to the VFL. Greenwood is a much better option. Mayne too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
I don’t know how you can possibly pick all of C Brown T Brown Thomas and WHE after tonight’s game.

For mine only T Brown scraped a pass mark from that quartet. His brother had another shocker, especially when he had chances to score. He is bereft of confidence and needs to be dropped to the VFL. Greenwood is a much better option. Mayne too.

Yeah, Cal needs a loooong run in the VFL

MagicGnome97

All Australian
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

simple. i looked at who played. 24 players. needs to be cut down to 22. i looked at who's out who's deffo best 22. adams and mihocek. kelly injured so mihocek comes in for him and i thought ollie henry didnt look ready for AFL level, went completely missing, so he goes out for adams.

madgen stood out to me as really really poor last night so he goes out. and that leaves 1 more player who you have to cut out of i'd say C.Brown and Ruscoe and I thought Ruscoe was quieter but you could decide the other way i thought callum brown wasn't good either.

T.Brown was fine, Thomas and WHE were okay, clearly better than callum and ruscoe.

I didn't really consider mayne actually but yeah mayne could come in for callum brown for sure. greenwood is fit as far as i know so given he didnt play i dont think he is in contention. its just adams mihocek definitely and mayne perhaps, maybe macrae as well idk i heard he hasnt been training lately.

tldr: i think my best 22 is correct but you could definitely swap in mayne for callum brown (probably ought to actually if mayne is 100% ready to go, that was an oversight of mine).

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sickening to see so many lining up to kick the Brown boys.

Cowardly.

I think most are actually distinguishing between to pair. Tyler shows a lot of promise and is a much better size. Callum is small, has no kicking penetration, isn’t especially quick and either chokes in front of goals or is too scared to even shoot for goal so seeks to dish off an improbable pass or kick to a pack at the top of the square - both of which usually result in turnovers and rebound goals for the opposition.

We ALL want Collingwood to be as successful as possible but some players simply are not good enough. They’re often great blokes and passionate about the Club but their football sadly isn’t good enough. Cal Brown is no rookie - he has been on the list for about five years and played about 50 games. He has had plenty of time and opportunity to blossom but hasn’t done so.

Are you the third Brown brother or something? Never seen such a passionate defence of footballers on the internet. One of whom is terrible at footy
Nah, but I did watch his Dad win the flag for us. So it probably means a bit more when Gen Y posters crap on about wanting everything to go perfectly.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you still claiming to have inside knowledge? Remember you doing that on here and other boards.
I don`t claim to have anything, I know a few players and ex players , 90 % of the things I am told, I won`t post . and don`t ever put false words that I have inside knowledge , never have said this or posted it

MagicGnome97

All Australian
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
ask people 12 months ago and they'd have said C.Brown > Josh Daicos

Back