Prediction 2021 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree but given our lack of midfield grunt atm think he’d be handy. I definitely prefer him as forward, maybe 70/30 split similar to Martin. we have to many holes, need to clone him and Moore

Are you saying we’ve lost grunt with AT gone?
I’d reckon substituting Sier for AT definitely gives us far more grunt.

Are you saying we’ve lost grunt with AT gone?
I’d reckon substituting Sier for AT definitely gives us far more grunt.
Depends how you're defining grunt. Treloar gives a bloody impressive contest to contest work rate with repeat efforts galore. Sier, not so much.

Depends how you're defining grunt. Treloar gives a bloody impressive contest to contest work rate with repeat efforts galore. Sier, not so much.
Treloar averages the most contested possessions per game in our side have no idea how some think he doesn’t provide grunt.

Treloar averages the most contested possessions per game in our side have no idea how some think he doesn’t provide grunt.
Agree. Admittedly, he inflates his contested possessions by dishing out blind panicky turnover handballs when he should just hold the ball in and not get a possession. But he nevers stops working and scrapping. He's an energiser bunny.

Last edited:
I am pretty angry with how the trade period went but I think there may be some overreactions regarding how we'll go in 2021. Could be completely wrong but on paper that team still looks really strong; The back 6 OP listed is just about the best in the AFL and the midfield will remain mostly strong with a few weak points. The forward line does look poor and is a huge weak point but it was poor this year, not sure its gotten worse even if Stephenson is gone. Overall I just don't see the club going significantly backwards from a list quality point of view, admittedly I do not think we have gone forward and I fear it will be another season of finals with no ultimate successes, but predictions of bottom 4 are frankly ridiculous.

With a few draftees to come in and hopefully some improvement from the likes of Keane, T. Brown, Ruscoe etc I actually believe Treloar, Stepho and Phillips can be mostly covered, if not improved. IMO a bigger problem will be the atmosphere in the club rooms and the relationship between coach and players, the trade period showed Buckley and the club in a pretty poor light, will that impact the players? If it does, which wouldn't be surprising, and the players are mentally shot then we could have serious problems.
And what if the players are happy
Both were exposed during isolation
Bad habits and attitudes confirmed

And Guess what confirmed again by there classless displays
Selfish
Immature

At least the new north coach knows the true story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good when he's getting screens by everyone
How his hamstrings
Hows his mental health
Hows his selfless 1 percenters
Hows his salary

You know you want guys to develop
YOU NEED TO PLAY THEM
Keep overblowing his deficiencies and ignoring his strengths if you want.

There’s plenty of other lesser player in the midfield let alone our team that a developing player can nab a spot off before Treloar.

You don’t drop your guns to give speculative guys a game you drop your role players.

Treloar is not as good as what we were paying him.

But hes better than what we sold him for, and are now paying him to play for somebody else.

He's gone now. Nothing can change that. Will be interesting to see if the team suffers from his absence. I suspect we might be pleasantly surprised to see him replaced seamlessly.

Yeah, but treloar only ran hard one way and usually turned it over which gave his opponent all the space in the world to create a counter attack after he turned it over. There is a reason why he was never tagged

Can we please just move on from Treloar. I wish he was still here, getting it heaps and turning it over heaps. Worrying about his hammies and his mental health, admiring his determination and enthusiasm, etc., etc. But he is gone. Lets move on!!
I’ll move on when posters stop rubbishing his name every chance they get and accept he’ll be an onfield loss.

That has to be averages (good old stats)
because it sure as hell didn't happen in real life
That's over his career. In his last two seasons (34 games), since his hamstring issues have become prominent, he's kicked 11 goals.

Can we please just move on from Treloar. I wish he was still here, getting it heaps and turning it over heaps. Worrying about his hammies and his mental health, admiring his determination and enthusiasm, etc., etc. But he is gone. Lets move on!!

Many wont move on due to the trade outcome and Hine will have to nail the picks for most to swallow it over the next few seasons.

I am of the opinion that what's done is done but I hope the club puts in place things to prevent this from ever happening again being put in a fire sale position should see heads role.

I just hope we make best use of the little we got.

In saying that if i see a post on here saying we did well in that trade period I wont let it go through to the keeper!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back