B: Brayden Maynard - Jordan Roughead - Jeremy Howe
HB: Jack Crisp - Darcy Moore - Isaac Quaynor
C: Josh Daicos - Taylor Adams - Steele Sidebottom
HF: Jamie Elliott - Will Kelly - Will Hoskin-Elliott
F: Josh Thomas - Mason Cox - Brody Mihocek
R: Brodie Grundy - Scott Pendlebury - Jordan De Goey
I: John Noble - Brayden Sier - Levi Greenwood - Trey Ruscoe

E: Tyler Brown - Chris Mayne - Darcy Cameron - Jack Madgen

Depth: Callum Brown, Tom Langdon, Nathan Murphy, Rupert Wills, Jay Rantall, Trent Bianco, Max Lynch, Flynn Appleby, Anton Tohill, Mark Keane, Tom Wilson

It's the worst forward line in the competition - undebatable. Don't know how we're gonna kick 50 points a game let alone anything greater to win games. I seriously think this is a bottom four side at this stage. Our midfielders don't chip in with goals like they used to, so scoring will be incredibly dry every week. That forward line is worse than when we lined up with Broomhead, Blair, Cox, White and Fasolo.

As big of a concern is the depth. When we're faced with inevitable injury runs like every other year, we'll have crabs like Wills, Brown and Appleby getting games and seriously expecting them to tip us over the line in games.

How we've been left with this for a team is comical.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Try and put together a side with this dumpster list

Depth: Callum Brown, Tom Langdon, Nathan Murphy, Rupert Wills, Jay Rantall, Trent Bianco, Max Lynch, Flynn Appleby, Anton Tohill, Mark Keane, Tom Wilson

It's the worst forward line in the competition - undebatable. Don't know how we're gonna kick 50 points a game let alone anything greater to win games. I seriously think this is a bottom four side at this stage. Our midfielders don't chip in with goals like they used to, so scoring will be incredibly dry every week. That forward line is worse than when we lined up with Broomhead, Blair, Cox, White and Fasolo.

As big of a concern is the depth. When we're faced with inevitable injury runs like every other year, we'll have crabs like Wills, Brown and Appleby getting games and seriously expecting them to tip us over the line in games.

Going backwards

In fairness we still have time to offer Oscar McDonald a 5-year $500k back-ended deal as a DFA.

SheppPies

Senior List
Dec 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood

Maybe bottom 4 is the goal and we are tanking 2021 before pre season starts. Get a pick in before Daicos gets bid on.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
B: Jeremy Howe - Jordan Roughead - Brayden Mayard
HB: Isaac Quaynor - Nathan Murphy - Will Hoskin-Elliott

M: Josh Daicos - Taylor Adams - Jack Crisp

HF: Reef McInnes - Brodie Mihocek - Steele Sidebottom
FF: Jamie Elliott - Mason Cox - Darcy Moore

I/C: Brayden Sier - Josh Thomas - Jack Madgen - Trey Ruscoe

May 29, 2016
Tasmania
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
B: Jeremy Howe - Mark Keane - Brayden Maynard
HB Issac Quaynor - Darcy Moore - John Noble
R: Brodie Grundy - Scott Pendlebury - Brayden Sier
HF: Reef McInnis - Brody Mihocek - Trey Ruscoe
FF: Jamie Elliot - Will Kelly - Steele Sidebottom
I/C: Jack Madgen - Trent Bianco - Levi Greenwood - Pick 14

jsdsgn

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lakers
Forward line and depth is genuinely embarrassing. Charlotte Bobcats level of trash.

Happy with the midfield and backline but they have some serious carrying to do. Reverting to the 2018 fast game style is the only hope forwards have got. We need to see Thomas and WHE return to 40 goal seasons to have any chance of winning games.

We get the most injuries every year. They will be particularly crippling next season.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
B: Jeremy Howe - Mark Keane - Brayden Maynard
HB Issac Quaynor - Darcy Moore - John Noble
R: Brodie Grundy - Scott Pendlebury - Brayden Sier
HF: Reef McInnis - Brody Mihocek - Trey Ruscoe
FF: Jamie Elliot - Will Kelly - Steele Sidebottom
I/C: Jack Madgen - Trent Bianco - Levi Greenwood - Pick 14
Worst team since 1999

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mini rebuild is in full swing

FB: Moore, Howe, Madgen/Keane
HB: Maynard, Crisp, Quaynor
C: Daicos, Sier, TBrown
HF: Pendles, Mihocek, Elliott
FF: Sidey, Kelly, Ruscoe
FOL: Adams, Grundy, De Goey
INT: Bianco, McInnes, Pick 14, Pick 16

E: Murphy, Roughy, Noble, CBrown, Hoskin-Elliott, Thomas, Cox, Greenwood, Rantall, Mayne, Lynch, Cameron

DFA: Parker? Gowers? Skinner?

2024 premiers here we come!

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
B: Noble Roughead Howe

HB: Crisp Moore Maynard

C: Daicos Pendlebury Mayne

HF: Hoskin-Elliot Mihocek Elliott

F: Cox De Goey McInnes

R: Grundy Adams Sidebottom

I: Quaynor Sier Bianco Pick 14

Depth: Madgen Rantall Keane Cameron Tohill Ruscoe

It isn't that bad.

Top 8 again

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
B: Noble Roughead Howe

HB: Crisp Moore Maynard

C: Daicos Pendlebury Mayne

HF: Hoskin-Elliot Mihocek Elliott

F: Cox De Goey McInnes

R: Grundy Adams Sidebottom

I: Quaynor Sier Bianco Pick 14

Depth: Madgen Rantall Keane Cameron Tohill Ruscoe

It isn't that bad.

Top 8 again
Which players will be out injured for half the season?

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Like everyone I’m gutted by today’s events.

The only upside I see is that we will finally get to see solid blocks of seniors games for the likes of Sier Murphy Quaynor Kelly T.Brown Bianco Rantall Ruscoe Wilson McInnes, etc.

For years I’ve been frustrated that we have been so slow to develop our youth and have kept guys like Appleby Broomhead Sier Murphy etc on the list for years without ever really finding out conclusively if they were best 22 or not.

With today’s departures plus retirements of Varcoe, Reid, Dunn, etc, our youngsters are gonna get a much better chance to show what they can do lock down spots in our best 22.

And it will be even moreso a year later, when it’s likely that Langdon, Mayne, Greenwood and perhaps even Pendles and/or Sidebottom will retire.

So we’re gonna have a really young, fresh look to the team for the next several years. Hopefully we play a fast and exciting style too, so we have something fun to watch despite the inevitable heavy losses that youthful teams are prone to.

I know I’m clutching at straws a bit. It’s the best I’ve got on this dark day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think we're bottom 4-5 bound in 2021.

All self-inflicted.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Collingwood were a country we would be bloody Russia I tell you. I use to love Putin (oh I mean Eddie) but he is a dictator of the highest order. Bucks needs to go but let him see out his contract next year and Eddie to go with him aswell. Eddie you were great for the club but after 2010 you have become entitled, arrogant and turned Collingwood from the biggest club in Australia to an absolute shambles. We are heading down the Carlton and Essendon route of becoming irrelevant for the first time since 1999!

we must clean out the board, Coaching staff and recruiting staff and make a bid For Alister Clarkson as our next coach.
Surely out of our 76,000 members we surely have some high profile business man who have had enough of this crap!!!

fans have basically two options and that is to either not renew their membership or do not attend Collingwood games next year!

I’m not upset about losing Trelor or Phillips but to get nothing back for them only because we overpay our players is incompetence of the highest order.

also trading Stephenson who struggled this year due to personal reasons is an absolute disgrace.

our club has lost its identity and soul. Eddie please you must stand down as president you don’t own Collingwood it’s a member’s that do.

I can handle a rebuild as I have seen plenty in my life time but due to list mismanagement is an absolute disgrace. We must look at the template that Geelong do year in year out but make it better. They never seem to bottom out and make top 4 and challenge for a premiership every year!

we will be challenging for the spoon next year with north Melbourne and Essendon!

Moore of the Same

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Leeds United
FB: Maynard (24 yrs, 116 gms), Roughead (30 years, 179 gms), Howe (30 yrs, 187 gms)
HB: Crisp (27 yrs, 153 gms), Moore (24 yrs, 89 gms), Quaynor (20 yrs, 15 gms)
C: Daicos (21 yrs, 35 gms), Pendlebury (32 yrs, 316 gms), Sidebottom (29 yrs, 243 gms)
HF: Elliott (28 yrs, 123 gms), Kelly (20 yrs, 1 gm), Hoskin-Elliott (27 yrs, 137 gms)
FF: Ruscoe (19 yrs, 5 gms), Cox (29 yrs, 69 gms), Mihocek (27 yrs, 56 gms)
FOLL: Grundy (26 yrs, 151 gms), Adams (27 yrs, 151 gms), DeGoey (24 yrs, 98 gms)

INT: Greenwood (31 yrs, 158 gms), Noble (23 yrs, 22 gms), Sier (22 yrs, 21 gms), Cameron (25 yrs, 11 gms)

Don't know what to make of that 22. Clearly some massive holes in the key position slots. It's frightening that our choices for key defenders is Keane directly after Roughead (who was a bit average this year). I would personally be promoting Keane early and giving him a crack at it and using Roughy as a mentor/fallback option like how the Saints used Nathan Brown this year. The other one who needs games is Murphy and I'd be looking to see what he's got to offer.

Midfield has a sameness to it, with the exception being DeGoey. Make or break for Jordy in the middle, and personally I'm not convinced it's his best position. I'd prefer to see him as the mobile, Fevola like, spearhead forward but I doubt that the club would agree. Sier is the obvious one to benefit from Treloars ejection and should get serious minutes in the middle.

The forward line is abysmal. I wouldn't be playing Cox and instead try and double down on mobile forwards, keeping DeGoey Elliott Kelly and Ruscoe in the side. I do think Cameron has to play to give Grundy some ruck relief.

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maynard, Roughead/Keane, Howe
Crisp, Moore, Quaynor

Grundy, Adams, Sier/Reef/T Brown
Pendlebury, De Goey, Daicos

Elliot, Cox, Mihocek
Sidebottom, Kelly, Ruscoe

WHE/DFA (Parker/Gowers?), Noble/Madgen, ?,?

The ?'s on the I/C I would like to see be some of our younger crop. The likes of Murphy,Rantall, Bianco etc

The "/'s":
Roughead/Keane: Hopefully we can see some more of Keane this year. I like Roughy, but if Keane is going to be our next Fullback, lets get him some experience while Roughy and Howe are still around for a few more years to mentor him.

Sier/Reef/T Brown: Hopefully we can see Sier and/or Tyler become the players most of us believe they can be. Reef could be anything, has a great mix of size and power, his tank will be the main problem for him based on his combine result. Have Pendles more outside in the Mayne role, and let some of the younger guys get some experience in at the coalface (also helps protect an aging pendles a bit more).

WHE/DFA: Again I like Hoskin-Elliot and would rather him over JT. They're as soft as each other but at least WHE has a bit of a skill set in that he can mark and use the ball ok. I really like Parker who got let go by the saints, 190cm, quick, has a great leap and would provide some real excitement and energy i50 next to Ruscoe. Also runs hard defensively and tackles hard, got thrown into the midfield a bit at the saints due to their bevy of mid-small forwards, but he looks a natural goal kicker to me. Gowers another solid option, probably doesn't offer too much more than WHE but is younger and bit more contested/tougher than Will. Matera might be another option but at 28 I don't see to much more upside than what we already get out of JT or WHE.

Noble/Madgen: Both solid players, which one plays is probably dependent on match up or fitness/injuries to others.

It's going to be another frustrating year for us on the scoreboard in 2021. De Goey will need to play midfield to help cover Treloar and to try actually mid a midfield battle, so who the * is kicking our goals?

Do Pendles (high half forward, use his kicking) and Sidey (small/crumbing forward) need to play mainly forward for us to kick a goal? Weakening our midfield yet again though.

I hope Tyler Brown is smashing the carbs and bulking this summer, he might be at every centre stoppage next year.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
wow such a pessimistic bunch we are lol.. the team below is the team that beat the FLAG fav lol on their home deck. Yes our forward line need a little rejigging and who knows what we pick up in the draft. but it's not as diabolic as some predict. a bunch of negative Nancy's we are !!

Team VS WC Final 2020

FB: Crisp - Roughhead - Madgen
HB: Maynard - Moore - Quaynor
C: Stephesnon - Greenwood - Daicos
HF: WHE - Mihocek - Thomas
FF: Elliott - Cox - De Goey
Fol: Grundy - Adams - Pendles
IC Treloar - Noble - Cameron - Mayne

Subjective best 22 2021 ( including approx 1m spare in salary cap )
position change and or player swap in Bold

FB: Crisp - Roughhead - Madgen
HB: Landon - Moore - Howe
C: Maynard - Sier - Daicos
HF: WHE - Mihocek - Quaynor
FF: Elliott - Cox - De Goey
Fol: Grundy - Adams - Pendles
IC Sidebottom - Noble - Kelly - Mayne

Yes we will have injuries etc etc but i can honesly say that we have a better side going into next year ( on paper ) sidebottom is an upgrade to treloar. Howe ( yes coming of an injury ) but his an upgrade on anyone that was playing and Langdon was our best player in 2018 finals and started 2019 in ripping form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back