Prediction 2021 Best 22

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
At this stage, reckon WHE, Greenwood, Thomas and Mayne get picked ahead of the likes of Ruscoe, McCreery, Murphy and Madgen?

No room for the Twin Towers strategy by chucking in Cameron?
I'd be surprised if Greenwood is picked, as I think the coaching staff will be all-in on playing Sier in that big-bodied mid role, and given JDG is seemingly readying himself for more midfield time I don't know if there's room for the Pig - he's not a good enough player up forward or down back.
WHE and Mayne could definitely get a look in - Bucks is a big fan of them both. Could definitely see Mayne pinching that other wing spot, Madgen/Murphy being dropped and Noble being relegated to the bench.
However, from what I've been reading Noble seems to be spending time on the wing in practice matches and the like. Might just be coincidental, but I think Noble being directly targeted in 1 on 1 match-ups in the Geelong final might have opened some eyes. He's not a very good defender in the sense of actually, y'know, defending. His value is run and carry.
Ruscoe, to me, adds more than Thomas does if Thomas carries on his form from last year. He was shocking. McCreery seems to be a really good forward for I50 pressure, which is something we sorely lack. McCreery is also 20 in a couple of months, and has some senior experience, so shouldn't face as steep a learning curve when it comes to physicality.

Those are just my thoughts. My team is half what I want to happen, half a prediction.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would be interested in your reasoning around Greenwood v Sier? Greenwood is best 22 for mine but only as a tagger, as out-and-out midfielders I'd be selecting Sier ahead of him. Could they co-exist in the same 22?
I agree they could co-exist in the same 22 and of my bench players Tyler Browns spot is more under pressure from Sier than Greenwood. I view Greenwood as a guy you can play both middle and back

LarryKinn

Team Captain
Nov 3, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers LA Chargers
I agree they could co-exist in the same 22 and of my bench players Tyler Browns spot is more under pressure from Sier than Greenwood. I view Greenwood as a guy you can play both middle and back
Greenwood is best as a tagger, I agree he's flexible but not that he's first picked best 22.
If Howe is healthy, our back 6 is a lock. With Noble on the bench(I agree he is better suited to the wing) I would have Murphy as the 7th def.
JDG is slated for midfield minutes with Sier replacing him when he moves fwd or to the bench to keep that big body inside.
I'm hoping Tyler gets his chance now he's bulked up a bit, pushing out Callum & JT
There seems to be a healthy competition for spots with guys like Bianco, Chug, Oliver & Macrae trying to stake their claim.
Having said that , I fully expect Bucks will pick Mayne Greenwood JT & Callum.

pies 4 ever

Senior List
Jan 18, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’re as soft as WHE lol. Just out of curiosity. Why can we pot players for their ability weather it be skill based or athletic ability but not there hardness?
You can pot or do anything you like, petal, just as I can have a go at a keyboard warrior like you.

pies 4 ever

Senior List
Jan 18, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’re embarrassing yourself now.
First of all, you said "if you are prepared to take a hit don’t play" I think you meant "if you are not prepared to take a hit....." Next, you did not answer Just how good and courageous you were. So, put the bottle away and go to bed, Petal.
If you are going to call someone a coward, shouldn't you at least tell us just how tough, brave and committed you were??? Perfect definition of a keyboard warrior.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ben Crocker...doesnt seem to go away..

Would he get a game at the pies if he was still on the list ?

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Crocker is one of those blokes that will excel in vfl, but just isn’t quite AFL grade. similar to Gault, marsh etc. they just missing that 10% extra that makes an AFL footballer. He had plenty of time on our list, and adel even with their list got rid of him. Hope blues pick him up, they are def stacked on talls so might need some depth his size with betts age/injuries. all the best to him.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

No. But why would you want him to go away? Ripping young bloke and you can't fault his endeavour.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

First of all, you said "if you are prepared to take a hit don’t play" I think you meant "if you are not prepared to take a hit....." Next, you did not answer Just how good and courageous you were. So, put the bottle away and go to bed, Petal.
If you are going to call someone a coward, shouldn't you at least tell us just how tough, brave and committed you were??? Perfect definition of a keyboard warrior.
I was extremely tough, brave and committed, so I'm authorised to comment on WHE being in the side. Unfortunately my endurance wasn't elite, so someone more qualified will have to discuss whether Sier gets a game.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was extremely tough, brave and committed, so I'm authorised to comment on WHE being in the side. Unfortunately my endurance wasn't elite, so someone more qualified will have to discuss whether Sier gets a game.
Just like everyone potting Treloar for not being able to kick. Would kick it better than anyone on big footy

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool

He'd be great for our VFL side, but wouldn't sniff our senior side with all the kids we've got in his position (half-forward / wing)

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’re as soft as WHE lol. Just out of curiosity. Why can we pot players for their ability weather it be skill based or athletic ability but not there hardness?
WHE has never been dropped and has played through plenty of injury. Playing through pain is a form of hardness. And don't forget he is from Sunshine!

A lot of the time WHE's role is to get outside, away from the contest so he can be an option. It would be folly for him to start trying to get inside just to please some supporters in need of a tough guy.

Back