Prediction 2021 Best 22

This is Sporta!!

QuickSevereCat-size_restricted.gif

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
WCE rated as being stacked with more top end talent than anyone else. It is true then that our depth is probably what's holding us back when it is cited that players such as Yeo and Shuey being unavailable or not cherry ripe come finals left us exposed.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
WCE rated as being stacked with more top end talent than anyone else. It is true then that our depth is probably what's holding us back when it is cited that players such as Yeo and Shuey being unavailable or not cherry ripe come finals left us exposed.

Lewis Jetta’s fall from grace has been heavy. His elite kicking skills had him in the top bracket last year and now… gone.

:mad::mad::mad:

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Is it time that we play Oscar at FF and JK out of a pocket?

Oscar's 4th year and perhaps breakout year.

Kid can play.

For me (sorry flyin' Ryan) he's the most exciting prospect on our list.
Ossie is a pro in everything he does, he’ll go far with his talent and work ethic..

Elite Pete

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Cripps JK Allen
Ryan Darling Langdon
Gaff Shuey Duggan
Witherden Gov Nelson
Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Nic Nat Yeo Kelly
Redden Sheed J Waterman Rotham

WAFL
Cameron Williams Ah Chee
A Waterman Vardy Jones
Hutchings Ainsworth ONeill
Cole Brander Petrucelle
Johnson H Edwards Cox
Jamieson Trew Brayshaw (C)
Foley L Edwards Winder Ugle

IA- (if we can)
Rioli- Cox
Venables- Waterman
Brayshaw WAFL Captain

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Cripps JK Allen
Ryan Darling Langdon
Gaff Shuey Duggan
Witherden Gov Nelson
Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Nic Nat Yeo Kelly

WAFL
Cameron Williams Ah Chee
A Waterman Vardy Jones
Hutchings Ainsworth ONeill
Cole Brander Petrucelle
Johnson H Edwards Cox
Jamieson Trew Brayshaw (C)
Foley L Edwards Winder Ugle

IA- (if we can)
Rioli- Cox
Venables- Waterman
Brayshaw WAFL Captain
That's a perfectly reasonable plunk for an opening setup.

Over the course of the year I'd love to see a few things.

I cannot see JK playing every game in 2021. Especially as the games are back to full length with a full travel schedule planned. That would give a NN/Williams ruck option, with OAllen/Darling and Williams up forward/2nd ruck. And if it works well it could be our end of year and into 2022 setup.

Jamie Cripps has been slower and doing less defensively, getting progressively lower output since 2018. Injuries and age. I'd like to see Cameron have a break out year, and Cameron and Winder put pressure on his spot. He was a steal from the Saints and is a 150+ game club life member, but he's the obvious small forward under pressure from the up and comers.

I'd like to see ONeill get a run.

I'd be happy if by year end we had Trew as our inside mid instead of Redden.

I'd be happy to see Edwards play a few off half back, maybe in place of Nelson. And playing through the middle like Duggan has.

It could by year end be...

Winder Allen Williams
Ryan Darling Langdon
Gaff Shuey Duggan
Witherden Gov Edwards/XON
Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Nic Nat Yeo Kelly
Trew Sheed J Waterman Rotham

Cripps JK Allen
Ryan Darling Langdon
Gaff Shuey Duggan
Witherden Gov Nelson
Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Nic Nat Yeo Kelly
Redden and Sheed on the pine together doesn’t work for me at all. Not enough dynamism to justify selecting both. Two third tall types of the pine is also odd.

The backline is way too slow for me post Jetta.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
It could by year end be...

Winder Allen Williams
Ryan Darling Langdon
Gaff Shuey Duggan
Witherden Gov Edwards/XON
Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Nic Nat Yeo Kelly
Trew Sheed J Waterman Rotham

I think Hurn would be the one likely to be missing out on a spot in the backline by seasons end with eiher of Cole or Nelson retaining the small/med back position. I hope not, but I'm expecting a decline. He was ordinary early 2020 but came good, I just think with the full game time and travel schedule the end may be nigh.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
I think Hurn would be the one likely to be missing out on a spot in the backline by seasons end with eiher of Cole or Nelson retaining the small/med back position. I hope not, but I'm expecting a decline. He was ordinary early 2020 but came good, I just think with the full game time and travel schedule the end may be nigh.
I can see Hurn being one of those guys that drops a heap of pace and people say he went a year too long. Those tree trunk legs have to seize up eventually.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
I can see Hurn being one of those guys that drops a heap of pace and people say he went a year too long. Those tree trunk legs have to seize up eventually.
I can see him struggling at the start (like 2020), getting better in the 5-10 game timezone, then starting to struggle a bit. By late in the season those legs may just have faded.

I wouldn't be sorry to see him make 300, then play less games (not travel so much) and bring through the 2022 setup. And that would be the sort of guy he is. Club champion, team guy, genuine leader.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think we have a fairly settled team going into round 1 but will make use of our newest inclusions. The main question still remains around what talls we start forward out of Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Waterman, Williams. Way I see it;

Cripps JK Langdon
Ryan Darling Allen
Gaff Shuey Sheed
Witherden Gov Nelson
Hurn Barrass Shep
Nic Kelly Yeo
Redden Duggan XON Rotham

I’ve omitted Waterman and Williams. I rate Waterman but I fear the match committee don’t hold him in as high regard as some of us. In replace is XON. He showed the most of any of our young up and comers last year and think he can build on that. Really like what he offers. Williams will eventually come in, and hopefully by years end. Still looked fairly raw in his games last year but he looks an absolute player in the making

Would love our 22 by the end of the year to look something closer to:

Rioli Darling Langdon
Ryan Allen Winder/Jones/Cameron
Gaff Shuey Sheed
Witherden Gov Nelson
Rotham Barrass Shep
Nic Kelly Yeo
Waterman Duggan XON Brander

The forward flank position is open to whoever makes it theirs. Jones showed some ripper signs last year and Cameron should improve out of sight this year. If winder has that X factor he can make it his.

I’d love to see Brander solidify a position. I think that 3rd tall down back is the position he can make his. Don’t like this wing s**t. Would love to see Edwards push for more games as well. Think he has the tools to carve out a great career. Hurn has been replaced by Rotham in the side with Brander playing that 7th defender role. Not sure if this makes us too tall though

Last edited:

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I think we have a fairly settled team going into round 1 but will make use of our newest inclusions. The main question still remains around what talls we start forward out of Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Waterman, Williams. Way I see it;

Cripps JK Langdon
Ryan Darling
Gaff Shuey Sheed
Witherden Gov Nelson
Hurn Barrass Shep
Nic Kelly Yeo
Redden Duggan XON Rotham

I’ve omitted Waterman and Williams. I rate Waterman but I fear the match committee don’t hold him in as high regard as some of us. In replace is XON. He showed the most of any of our young up and comers last year and think he can build on that. Really like what he offers. Williams will eventually come in, and hopefully by years end. Still looked fairly raw in his games last year but he looks an absolute player in the making

Would love our 22 by the end of the year to look something closer to:

Cripps Darling Langdon
Ryan Allen Winder/Jones/Cameron
Gaff Shuey Sheed
Witherden Gov Nelson
Hurn Barrass Shep
Nic Kelly Yeo
Waterman Duggan XON Rotham/Brander

The forward flank position is open to whoever makes it theirs. Jones showed some ripper signs last year and Cameron should improve out of sight this year. If winder has that X factor he can make it his.

I’d love to see Brander solidify a position. I think that 3rd tall down back is the position he can make his. Don’t like this wing sh*t. Would love to see Edwards push for more games as well. Think he has the tools to carve out a great career

Don't think we will win many games with 21 players

West123

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2009
Flying High
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm hoping Yeo goes to half back with bursts in the middle. Witho's kicking, Yeo's burst, Gov's intercept, we go back to having a half back line that can be damaging.

Duggan can play wing - which isn't what Dom Sheed or Redden are good at. Sheed - Kelly- Shuey is a very handy midfield group with Redden, Yeo & hopefully Venebles rotating through.

Shep - TB - Hurn
Yeo - Gov - Witho
Gaff - Sheed - Duggan
Cripps - Darling - Waterman
Langdon - JK - Ryan
NN - Shuey - Kelly

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm hoping Yeo goes to half back with bursts in the middle. Witho's kicking, Yeo's burst, Gov's intercept, we go back to having a half back line that can be damaging.

Duggan can play wing - which isn't what Dom Sheed or Redden are good at. Sheed - Kelly- Shuey is a very handy midfield group with Redden, Yeo & hopefully Venebles rotating through.

Shep - TB - Hurn
Yeo - Gov - Witho
Gaff - Sheed - Duggan
Cripps - Darling - Waterman
Langdon - JK - Ryan
NN - Shuey - Kelly

It's already been confirmed by the club Venables won't be playing this season.

Back