Fantasy 2021 BigFooty NFL Mock Draft - Sign Up and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh s**t. I even ctrl+f'd it!

F'd it indeed...

I'll come back in a couple of hours with another pick.

Tough not to be a height supremacist.

I was looking at a guy for pick 115 - an even though he plays on defence while Atwell plays offence, I'm just not sure I can draft two guys under 5'10.

Bit of a bummer that we're not getting many write ups.

I guess at this point I should be happy people are still making selections?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad someone else took Washington. He was who I was referring to the other day with my height supremacy issues. The more he fell, the harder it was becoming not to take him, but as you say, he is teeny tiny. I think I read the other day he'd be the shortest defensive player taken since the combine started. Fast and a great ball player, but I couldn't have him as a single high safety in the Dallas defence. (I don't agree he's not fast Dannyreed , his closing speed/late acceleration is elite.)

I think Washington is going to come into training camp and look really exciting, like a guy who can hold a defence together by covering huge ground deep.

But because his limitations are so obvious, he's going to be a guy who is on the bubble straight away and if he doesn't make waves during training camp he may well not make his drafting team's 53. (He'll play this season for someone, but I see a big possibility of him having to take the long road.)

I'm glad someone else took Washington. He was who I was referring to the other day with my height supremacy issues. The more he fell, the harder it was becoming not to take him, but as you say, he is teeny tiny. I think I read the other day he'd be the shortest defensive player taken since the combine started. Fast and a great ball player, but I couldn't have him as a single high safety in the Dallas defence. (I don't agree he's not fast Dannyreed , his closing speed/late acceleration is elite.)

I think Washington is going to come into training camp and look really exciting, like a guy who can hold a defence together by covering huge ground deep.

But because his limitations are so obvious, he's going to be a guy who is on the bubble straight away and if he doesn't make waves during training camp he may well not make his drafting team's 53. (He'll play this season for someone, but I see a big possibility of him having to take the long road.)

Yeah same I couldn't take him earlier but he deserves to go somewhere in the first four rounds considering the amount of terrible players that are great athletes would have gone.
I probably should have looked up his pro day numbers before declaring this but from his tape I didn't see elite speed, He does have great range and he did get to a lot of balls but I felt like that was from his anticipation...no idea what he would actually have been clocked at but to me his speed didn't jump off the screen like it did for someone like Cisco

I can't find a single instance of him being listed at 280 though - everywhere from before his Pro-Day lists him as being 270 (i.e. Pitt's own website, ESPN, Sports-Reference, wikipedia, PFF etc). Where did you get the idea that he was?

I don't remember - but wherever I read it actually had him as 285 and I rounded it down based on everywhere else saying 270-275.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back