Fantasy 2021 BigFooty NFL Mock Draft - Sign Up and Discussion

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Im out tonight so wont be on to make a reasonable auto pick. Can someone else jump on to auto
Cats win by a bazillion at the Cattery, next minute the Chargers are passing on their round 4 pick...

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Cats win by a bazillion at the Cattery, next minute the Chargers are passing on their round 4 pick...

Haha its for the 9ers Brasher hasnt been online since thur.

Im up after that and have a player i want!

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
If anyone else is planning on passing, can you please trade your pick to me?

I'd kind of like to just make my last pick and be done with it!

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Draft week this week, so instead of forcing the last ~20 picks. Weve got close enough to the end of the 4th. Would rather spend the next day or two with people doing write ups and a quick summary of their draft, so we can then wrap it up and ready for the draft.

For whoever wants to, a quick post on their picks, how they feel it went vs actual teams needs and how they rate themselves.

Ill do my teams tomorrow, but will kick of summarising our draft from now.

Draft week!

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Bummer... I hadn't taken my free safety yet. Given the doubts around them, had we gone the full 7 rounds, I probably would've taken free safeties with my next 2 picks, cos someone with the ability to play single high is critical to their formation. (Kind of wild that they didn't address it in FA).

Josh Johnson from Indiana, Tyree Gillespie from Mizzou and Richard LaCounte III from Georgia were the guys on my radar. RL III was almost a consensus first round pick before the bike accident, which somehow has been turned into a character concern, with mocks then using his rubbish pro-day results (as he still had a buggered foot) as a justification for dropping him. That's despite his numbers and tape, and despite him being so team-oriented that he busted his arse to get back for the Bulldogs Bowl game.

I might've found some space for a flier on a QB too, cos it's all gash at the Cowboys beyond Prescott.

I'll do a write-up in the next couple of days, although mine were pretty comprehensive as I went - so maybe I'll wait til after the draft to do a review.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Chicago Bears Draft Recap

1619431661901.png

Bears needs Going into the draft.
Quarterback, Cornerback, Wide Receiver, Offensive Line.

Picks
1st Round (Pick 14) - Trey Lance -QB
3rd Round (Pick 84) - D'Wayne Eskridge - Wide Receiver
3rd Round (Pick 91) - Camryn Bynum - Cornerback

Traded a 2nd rd pick and a 4th to move up to pick 14 to get Trey Lance. I feel knowing the latest view on Lance and the QB position if Chicago landed this on draft day would be A+ (or close enough to). Lance would be perfect to sit behind Dalton for a year, then would be a great Dual Threat QB on a team with a good running game.

Added a speedy slot receiver who has a low profile, but could be a diamond of the draft. Eskridge makes big plays with game changing speed. Added a Corner late in the 3rd, hard to know if Bynum will stick, but needed depth at the position after the offseason moves.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Los Angeles Chargers Draft Recap

1619432302811.png

Chargers needs Going into the draft.
Offensive Line, Cornerback, Wide Receiver, Defensive Line

Picks
1st Round - (Pick 13) - Alijah Vera Tucker - Guard/Tackle
2nd Round - (Pick 47) - Tyson Campbell - Cornerback
3rd Round - (Pick 78) - Trey Surmon - Running Back
3rd Round - (Pick 98) - Andre Cisco - Safety
4th Round - (Pick 119) - Sage Surratt - Wide Receiver

Solid draft for the Chargers, although the more glaring need on the O line is tackle, so even though Vera-Tucker able to play both positions, its unkown if he will suit the Left Tackle position at the next level. Having said that, he looks to have a 10 year career at Guard or tackle, so will be a key part of the Chargers line.

Happy with Campbell as a cover corner in the 2nd round. Trey Surmon was more a luxury pick, but seeing how well he played in the BIG10 champ game and semi final game, he could do wonders with Herbert as a youn backfield tandem, good Compliment to Ekeler.

Andre Cisco has injury concerns, but a high ceiling. happy with the value late in the 3rd. Surratt opted out last year, so would be a project.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Los Angeles Rams Draft Recap

1619432781291.png

Rams needs Going into the draft.
Offensive Line, Safety, Edge

Picks
2nd Round (Pick 57) - Carlos Basham - Edge
3rd Round (Pick 89) - Trey Smith - Guard
3rd Round (Pick 104) - Hamsah Nasirildeen - Safety - Florida State

Quiet draft for the Rams who didnt have a 1st and 4th due to the Jalen Ramsey trade.

Happy with the results. Basham could go in the 1st half of the 2nd round. Could add some rotational depth on the D Line to assist Donald. With Auston Blyth headed to free agency there is a need to add the inside of the O Line and Smith could start at Guard as the season progress. will be great for the run game.

Added a safety in the late 3rd. Has good size to cover tight ends and some of the bigger receivers in the West. Solid but unspectacular for the rams.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pittsburgh Steelers Draft Recap

1619492843455.png

Steelers are looking at a major roster turnover.

Steelers Draft Need #1: Center

The top two centers in this class, Landon Dickerson and Creed Humphrey, could be too rich for the Steelers, a notoriously “best-player-available” team, in the first round. However, both will most likely be gone in the second. This leaves players like Josh Myers from Ohio State and Trey Hill from Georgia in the third, possibly the fourth, round.

Steelers Draft Need #2: Quarterback

With the way this draft class is shaping up, the Steelers will most likely miss out on the top quarterbacks. There used to be a chance that Mac Jones might be available for the Steelers, but his stock is rising fast. There is always the possibility that the Steelers trade up to try to grab Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance. But I think the likelihood of this happening is very small; the Steelers rarely trade up and based on the structure of their roster, I do not see this happening (next year, maybe).

Steelers Draft Need #3: Offensive Tackle

Missed out here. Maybe get a Free Agent.

Steelers Draft Need #4: Cornerback

Missed the best ones. The next group were more slot. Was looking at Rod Williams or St Juste for bigger outside CB with the next pick.

Steelers Draft Need #5: Running Back

After the owner came out and said the Steelers will never finish last in rushing again had to go early here.

One prospect the Steelers could look at on Day 2 is Javonte Williams. He’s a very violent runner between the tackles but also has the athletic ability to make defenders miss in the hold and in space.

Getting Jones at pick 24 changed things. Would have gone for a CB.

Going to be a rebuild, Myers, Jones and Williams the core.

Seattle Seahawks draft recap:

Initial picks:
56, 129, 250

Trade: Picks 56 and 250 to Tampa Bay for picks 64, 95, 217

Overall picks: 64, 95, 129, 217

Main draft needs: Center, Cornerback, and a WR3.

Pick 64: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia.

I was absolutely stoked (pun intended) to pick up Stokes at this point. I said at the time that I believe he is underrated and could very well go 10-15 picks higher than this and potentially even go before his slightly higher-rated teammate Tyson Campbell. What I love about Stokes is that he gives the flexibility to not only play on the outside, but also in the slot. There is a pretty good chance of Stokes seeing action right from the get-go with Seattle's lack of depth at corner.

Pick 95: Nico Collins, WR, Michigan.

I strongly debated whether to go WR or C at this pick but I didn't think there were any centers left on the board that were worth the pick. If Seattle needed a WR 1 or 2 I probably would have gone elsewhere or looked to take one at 64. However, Seattle needs someone to compliment Tyler Lockett and D.K. Metcalf and Collins could very well be that guy. From what I can see elsewhere, some might say I overreached slightly while others will say this is about where he is projected to go. I went for him because of his size, speed, and explosiveness which we have seen teams struggle with when trying to match up on Metcalf. While not as quick as D.K., it would be interesting to see teams try and match up on both at the same time. More threats for Russell Wilson should make his life easier.

Draft Summary:

Coming into the draft, Seattle has 3 main needs- center, cornerback, and a wide receiver 3. With only 3 picks in the draft, you can bet John Schneider will be trading like crazy to get some more draft capital. However, since I am not John Schnieder and only had the 3 picks to work with, I was able to fill 2 of those needs with the 2 picks I had. If we managed to get to my 3rd pick, I would have addressed the need for a center and taken Trey Hill if was still on the board. I love my Georgia boys and always aim to take at least one. If I could have managed to come away with 2, I would have been happy. While Hill is not rated that highly, playing on one of the best offensive lines in all of college football in 2019 and coming from a primarily run-first offence, I feel he will suit Seattle well. He just needs a bit of work.

After addressing the 3 main needs with the first 3 picks, there are a number of ways I could have gone with the remaining pick. The rest of the o-line needs depth (particularly at guard), while I also don't think Seattle's TE stocks are anything great either. I love Dissly but he gets injured too much and whether or not Seattle addresses the position in the draft will probably come down to whether or not they think Colby Parkinson can do a job. The other position they could address at the next pick would the interior of the defensive line. Seattle has re-signed Al Woods in free agency but outside of Poona Ford, there isn't a lot of quality at the position.

Overall, I am pretty happy with how the draft went for me. I was able to address the main needs (well, 2 of the 3) which is what the draft is all about. I do wish we kept it going a bit longer so I could get my third pick in but it always fizzles out around this time.

Trying to guess what Pete Carroll and John Schnieder are going to do at the draft is nearly impossible so I am expecting something completely out of the blue to happen. If they are unable to secure more picks, I expect them to go into the free-agent market to strengthen the roster where it is needed.

07435472-00B7-4D6A-A948-719BE4B1C254.jpeg
enver Broncos Draft Recap

Pick 9 - Justin Fields - QB

Pick 40 - Christian Barmore - DL

Pick 73 - Jabrill Cox - LB

Pick 115 - Kenny Gainwell - RB

Would genuinely be ecstatic if the draft ended up like this.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006

Dallas Cowboys draft re-cap

Positional needs: Defence... literally, the whole defence, OT, slot receiver

Picks:

10: Patrick Surtain II - Corner - Alabama
44: Jackson Carman - OT - Clemson
75: Jay Tufele - DT - USC
100: Tutu Atwell - WR - Louisville
116: Rashad Weaver - DE - Pitt

Surtain might be the first defensive player taken. I won't get any bonus points for picking up a bargain here, cos none of the teams before Dallas are going to take a corner, but this seems just as obvious a pick now as it did when I made the pick weeks ago. Carman is one that I'm not happy with, for a couple of reasons.

1. I think I panicked on the position. I thought that, by pick 44, Carman and Eischenberg were the only guys left that could be day 1 starters left of the offensive tackles (which I mentioned in this thread at the time). At the time of the pick, Carman and Eischenberg were pretty interchangeable in mocks. But, following ??? (typical pre-draft bullshit) the mocks now have Eischenberg as high as the top of the 2nd round, and you can't find Carman much higher than the top of he 3rd round. I was also too welded to a couple of Carman's physical traits over Eischenberg's, and still remembered his star-making bowl game against Chase Young. Who knows, I may be proven right in the long run, but looking at the immediate evidence this weekend I think this is going to look like an awful pick.

2. I never did get the free safety who can play single high that's so critical to Quinn's defence. But I guess to defend that pick, once Moehrig was taken there was absolutely no value in the FS position in my opinion - which is why I said the other day that, having not taken a FS with my first 5 picks, the next 2 picks probably would've been FS dart throws. (I hope they're in love with someone deep in the draft, cos the single high holds the defence together, so it's still staggering that they didn't address it in FA.)

I think Tufele is a good pick, and at 75 I think he'll prove to be good value on day 2. I think this is actually a realistic pick if the Cowboys haven't made a heap of moves to try and secure Moehrig as well as Surtain - he's a good positional fit, he fits an enormous need, and given the dross in their interior line at the moment he could be their most important defensive tackle on day 1.

And the more I watched and read, the more I talked myself into Atwell. I think the pressure from the "GM" to take an exciting offensive piece at Dallas is real, and I think Atwell is a low floor/high ceiling guy who could fit them really well. And finally, Weaver won't be anything spectacular - but in the 4th round I think he's a pretty safe pick to make the 53 and be playing a role in year 1.

Overall? I probably slant negative on most things (that will shock people!) - but Dallas' positional needs didn't really lend itself to an exciting draft, and I think the dual (likely) mistake in the 2nd round with taking both the wrong player and wrong position pulls my grade down.

Final thoughts/predictions: I wanted to give myself a B, but honestly the Carman pick probably makes it B-.

Having completed the exercise, analysed the Cowboys' needs, and done at least some research into every realistic potential pick in a position of need on the consensus 150 big board? No one's talking about it, but I could easily see Dallas being the team that trades out with New England if there's a QB left at 10 (or they could trade with a WR-needy team - Raiders or Bears? - to * with the Giants and Eagles, both of whom would love one of Pitts, Chase, Smith or Waddle in the first round if they're available... Although I guess the Eagles would likely counter-* them by taking the best corner available)

Take Horn or Farley, then take the proceeds of the trade along with whatever to try and get back into the first round, and take Moehrig as well. He's literally the only free safety in this draft that you could confidently expect to play in the Cowboys D this season, so they might have to give up a bit to get him. I've seen him mocked anywhere from mid-20s to early-40s though, so that could be difficult to navigate.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Detroit Lions Mock Draft Results

952138898.jpeg

Pick 7 - DeVonta Smith WR Alabama

Took Penei Sewell in the actual draft but he wasn't available in the mock. Smith went pick 10 in the real thing after Philly traded up to get him

Pick 41 - Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

Davis went pick 19 irl, while Lions took DT Levi Onwuzurike (who was taken by Sven for the Bengals at pick 69)

Pick 72 - Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss

Moore went pick 34 to the Jets in the actual draft. The Lions opted to take DT Alim McNeil here irl

Pick 102 - Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky

Taken by Dallas at pick 44 irl while the Lions took CB Ifeatu Melifonwu

Pick 113 - Marlon Tuipulotu DT USC

Actually went at pick 189 to the Eagles. Lions took LB Derrick Barnes in the actual draft

--------------------------------------

Overall I still think I did really well. My first round pick wasn't too far off the mark, and the guys I picked up at 41, 72 and 102 were all selected in the actual draft well before I managed to snag them. The obvious major difference between my mock and the actual thing for the Lions is that they seemed to prioritise getting better on the offensive and defensive lines (never a bad idea), while with the way I felt the board fell I focused more on getting faster and more skillful (particularly on the outside). I also nailed the correct position with their second 3rd rounder but got an arguably better player in the process. The only real miss here was taking Tuipoluto, who is a true nose-tackle type, in the late third even though it is a devalued position

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft Results

https%3A%2F%2Febonybird.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F951981196-850x560.jpeg

Pick 27 - Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota

Nailed the pick exactly.

Pick 58 - Quinn Meinerz IOL Wisconsin-Whitewater

This pick was traded to the Chiefs IRL as part of the Orlando Brown trade which happened after much of this longform mock had finished. Meinerz was taken at pick 98 by the Broncos in the actual draft.

Pick 105 - Payton Turner EDGE Houston

Payton Turner was somewhat surprisingly taken by the Saints in the 1st round at pick 28. The Ravens real pick at this spot was Brandon Stephens CB SMU - a player I hadn't heard of because I hadn't looked too deeply into the CB position, and most places had him projected as a 5th or 6th rounder.

----------------------------------------

Of the 3 picks I got to make for the Ravens in this mock, I nailed one (which is a lot harder to do when its a pick not in the top 10 or so) and got one player I was high on in the 3rd round who it turns out at least one NFL team was even higher on than I was. I obviously fell into the Meinerz hype more than the NFL did and so ended up taking him 40 spots earlier than he was irl.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
My 49ers draft was an absolute joke because the Front Office didn't have the courtesy to include me in their trade discussions.

I think you'll find the media is judging teams draft performance according to the ferocity of fist bumps in the war room.

Back