Player Sponsorship 2021 BigFooty Saints Board Player Sponsorship - 1st event - Season Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday player sponsors,
Welcome to 2021 hopefully the year of the Saint!

First event is upon us, details are as follows:

St Kilda Football Club Season Launch

• When: Wednesday 10th March
• Where: RSEA Park, 32-60 Linton Street, Moorabbin VIC 3189
• Time: 6.30pm
• Dress code: Smart Casual
• Finger food and beverage provided

We only get 1 ticket to this one and should be an awesome event so I need you to reply by Midday 4th March 2021 should you wish to put your name into the raffle to attend.

Sorry for short turnaround, club only have short turnaround too and we need to give them details of who is attending ASAP.

Cheers
Boydie

Was able to get a little extra time for this from club, so if you are keen please post reply by midnight tonight and I will do the raffle tomorrow mornign and let club know.

Cheers

Before I embarrass myself with James Frawley can someone give me a list of who we’ve sponsored recently that have done so well. Half a glass of red in and all I can remember is freezer.

Before I embarrass myself with James Frawley can someone give me a list of who we’ve sponsored recently that have done so well. Half a glass of red in and all I can remember is freezer.

If we must I suppose...

Nicholas Heyne
Tom Ledger
Nathan Wright
Nathan Freeman
Robbie Young
Doulton Langlands
James Frawley

There's your list since 2010.

It's on the badges in your profile box Kosi, I think you might be more than half a glass in.

It's on the badges in your profile box Kosi, I think you might be more than half a glass in.
A bit harsh.
They don't appear on my phone, and I decided not to bring my laptop.
And they wouldn't have shown Heyne, Ledger and Wright.

The function was in the medallion room at Marvel. After a few minutes of being coralled outside we were allowed in. No masks and not much in the way of social distancing with such a big crowd.

No problem getting a drink, but seeing it's a school night I only had a glass of red and a stubby of the new sponsor's product.

A lot of the players were grouped down one end at the start of the night but I managed to peel off Ryan Byrnes. I'm also involved in his sponsorship. He seems like a nice young man. I didn't realise he was a local lad from East Bentleigh but he grew up barracking for Collingwood, which is the exact opposite to my situation. He's still living at home but was fairly upbeat about the hamstring.

I managed to track down our man James Frawley. He had heard of bigfooty, he said I think Melbourne has one as well. No operation on the hamstring, just rest and recuperation. I decided not to tell him about the previous incumbents in his position. He's had a hard enough week as it is.

As far as I could tell, all players were in attendance except for Paddy Ryder. There were a few notable ex players in attendance as well. Aaron Hamill, Tony Brown, Gary Colling, Jason Holmes and Nick Riewoldt.

Bruce Eva was the MC and did a fine job yet again.

The first speaker was Andrew Bassett who spoke very well.

There were two life members introduced, Alan Connolly who was a recruiter and Peter Somers.

There was a special presentation for John Beveridge who had won the Jack Titus award. A long speech was given by Gary Colling on his behalf. Beveridge was there but using a zimmer frame. Jarryn Geary also spoke about him and mentioned the hidden gems he unearthed such as Sam Fisher and Jarryn Geary.

Brett Ratten then introduced the new players. I thought it would be a scoop to tell you all that Paul Hunter is playing, but I just saw Ratts on AFL360 saying the same thing. He also said Matthew Allison has the nickname of the gecko, something to do with his mullet type haircut.
All the players were up on stage, and as I said I think they were all there except for Paddy Ryder.

I spoke to Bruce Eva at the end and he said they had to cut out one section because Gary Colling spoke for so long. They had shown a brief season launch video that featured Jack Steele and one of the trainers and the two of them were going to be interviewed by Matt Finnis.

Overall it was a good night. Usually it's only for premium sponsors but because they were having trouble organising the usual preseason sponsor's function they had invited the other sponsors as well.

The function was in the medallion room at Marvel. After a few minutes of being coralled outside we were allowed in. No masks and not much in the way of social distancing with such a big crowd.

No problem getting a drink, but seeing it's a school night I only had a glass of red and a stubby of the new sponsor's product.

A lot of the players were grouped down one end at the start of the night but I managed to peel off Ryan Byrnes. I'm also involved in his sponsorship. He seems like a nice young man. I didn't realise he was a local lad from East Bentleigh but he grew up barracking for Collingwood, which is the exact opposite to my situation. He's still living at home but was fairly upbeat about the hamstring.

I managed to track down our man James Frawley. He had heard of bigfooty, he said I think Melbourne has one as well. No operation on the hamstring, just rest and recuperation. I decided not to tell him about the previous incumbents in his position. He's had a hard enough week as it is.

As far as I could tell, all players were in attendance except for Paddy Ryder. There were a few notable ex players in attendance as well. Aaron Hamill, Tony Brown, Gary Colling, Jason Holmes and Nick Riewoldt.

There were two life members introduced, Alan Connolly who was a recruiter and Peter Somers.

There was a special presentation for John Beveridge who had won the Jack Titus award. A long speech was given by Gary Colling on his behalf. Beveridge was there but using a zimmer frame. Jarryn Geary also spoke about him and mentioned the hidden gems he unearthed such as Sam Fisher and Jarryn Geary.

Brett Ratten then introduced the new players. I thought it would be a scoop to tell you all that Paul Hunter is playing, but I just saw Ratts on AFL360 saying the same thing. He also said Matthew Allison has the nickname of the gecko, something to do with his mullet type haircut.
All the players were up on stage, and as I said I think they were all there except for Paddy Ryder.

I spoke to Bruce Eva at the end and he said they had to cut out one section because Gary Colling spoke for so long. They had shown a brief season launch video that featured Jack Steele and one of the trainers and the two of them were going to be interviewed by Matt Finnis.

Overall it was a good night. Usually it's only for premium sponsors but because they were having trouble organising the usual preseason sponsor's function they had invited the other sponsors as well.
Great write-up mate thanks for posting

Great work mate, sounds like a good night.

Pumped for Rd1!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back