2021 Board Elections

Which candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Not one view put to them by this board was taken seriously. It was a PR thing, one that eventually I bought out of.

I think the member's group is a misread by the club. It's the member elected reps who need to do more work understanding what the average joe member thinks. They don't need a focus group, and how on earth can a focus group hope to be truly representative.
I think a focus group is worth a try
We shall await the criteria the club presents for eligibility
Membership needs to be broad and not just Adelaide City centric
Technology now is there for those members outside Adelaide

The other issue that board members really don’t have a grip on the average Joe thoughts as you stated

I recall the podcast team being told that a board member couldn’t engage with us on here as they had no media training 🤬

My trip to the AGM, by deaneus

I forgot my wallet and had to park on the street like a pleb. Then the room was poorly signed and I had to walk - walk! - to the western grandstand and take a lift to the Ian McLachlan room. Preposterous! I asked the door attendants who were signing people in if they had a copy of the financial statements, they didn't. I sat down and waited for the quaaludes to kick in, then saw Kym Ryder and went and said thank you for his video message wishing me luck in hospital last year.

Lots of small groups of exactly the kind of people who have free time at 6pm on a Wednesday were there. The door was swept open and the unwashed masses ran in fast - turns out there's a kind of open bar thing going on, which made a lot of sense. Full disclosure - I had a Coke(TM). After the pensioners had finished dislocating each other hips getting to the bar first, a video started playing on the main screen of the usual kind of Leni Riefenstahl stuff. Sam "discovered my true market value quickly" Jacobs got up and introduced himself as some title, basically the MC.

Look, i don't remember what order it was in, people introduced each other, there were attempts at jokes, there was generally a positive vibe in the room. The big take-aways were the financials, everyone was wondering about, the new CEO, the retirement of Jim Hazel, and the re-appointment of Linda Fellows (to deputy chair) and Kate Ellis to 2024 or something asinine.

Some miscreants got up and asked questions. Chris Schache got up and did his annual member control speech. I only rated a couple of the questions.

And that's when it got interesting.

Some random dude comes up to me and introduces himself, and I'm thinking, who is this ******* guy? Am i gonna have to kick the sh*t out of him? Turns out it was Jerome, who'd sent me a message earlier via BF Chat, which I have zero idea how to use. I had the wait staff take a photo of us for posterity, I'm on the right:

View attachment 1069507

Jerome pointed out a few things - Rucci was there in a Norwood top, and some other stuff I won't share here due to the statute of limitations, and Jerome's status in the Witness Relocation Program. The door lady, remembering me because of how devastatingly handsome I am, came up to me and gave me a paper copy of the financials, which i will shortly post about in the financials thread.

Then I went to talk to Roo, who was stuck talking to honestly some ****** who was explaining football to him (I jut sat down and shook my head). When Roo was free I had a short discussion with him about staffing and board composition. We respectfully disagreed on an issue, but he's rather bouyant and I suspect he's learned a few things in the last couple of years. I thanked him for his video message from last year also.

Then it was time to leave. I walked back to the car, and Roo left at the same time. I honestly think he just left at the same time because he wanted to talk to me more. We have a mutual friend, so we talked about how much of an arsehole he is (sorry Tommy) and some more stuff about the club. Then we got to my car. Our eyes locked and he moved to kiss me but if watching #mafs has taught me anything, I said we should wait, but we departed on good terms and I asked him to call me tomorrow, so we could have a picnic in the Botanical Gardens. Then i got in the car and put on Rage Against The Machine's "The Battle Of Los Angeles" really loud while I drove home feeling boss.

The End
My trip to the AGM, by deaneus

I forgot my wallet and had to park on the street like a pleb. Then the room was poorly signed and I had to walk - walk! - to the western grandstand and take a lift to the Ian McLachlan room. Preposterous! I asked the door attendants who were signing people in if they had a copy of the financial statements, they didn't. I sat down and waited for the quaaludes to kick in, then saw Kym Ryder and went and said thank you for his video message wishing me luck in hospital last year.

Lots of small groups of exactly the kind of people who have free time at 6pm on a Wednesday were there. The door was swept open and the unwashed masses ran in fast - turns out there's a kind of open bar thing going on, which made a lot of sense. Full disclosure - I had a Coke(TM). After the pensioners had finished dislocating each other hips getting to the bar first, a video started playing on the main screen of the usual kind of Leni Riefenstahl stuff. Sam "discovered my true market value quickly" Jacobs got up and introduced himself as some title, basically the MC.

Look, i don't remember what order it was in, people introduced each other, there were attempts at jokes, there was generally a positive vibe in the room. The big take-aways were the financials, everyone was wondering about, the new CEO, the retirement of Jim Hazel, and the re-appointment of Linda Fellows (to deputy chair) and Kate Ellis to 2024 or something asinine.

Some miscreants got up and asked questions. Chris Schache got up and did his annual member control speech. I only rated a couple of the questions.

And that's when it got interesting.

Some random dude comes up to me and introduces himself, and I'm thinking, who is this ******* guy? Am i gonna have to kick the sh*t out of him? Turns out it was Jerome, who'd sent me a message earlier via BF Chat, which I have zero idea how to use. I had the wait staff take a photo of us for posterity, I'm on the right:

View attachment 1069507

Jerome pointed out a few things - Rucci was there in a Norwood top, and some other stuff I won't share here due to the statute of limitations, and Jerome's status in the Witness Relocation Program. The door lady, remembering me because of how devastatingly handsome I am, came up to me and gave me a paper copy of the financials, which i will shortly post about in the financials thread.

Then I went to talk to Roo, who was stuck talking to honestly some ****** who was explaining football to him (I jut sat down and shook my head). When Roo was free I had a short discussion with him about staffing and board composition. We respectfully disagreed on an issue, but he's rather bouyant and I suspect he's learned a few things in the last couple of years. I thanked him for his video message from last year also.

Then it was time to leave. I walked back to the car, and Roo left at the same time. I honestly think he just left at the same time because he wanted to talk to me more. We have a mutual friend, so we talked about how much of an arsehole he is (sorry Tommy) and some more stuff about the club. Then we got to my car. Our eyes locked and he moved to kiss me but if watching #mafs has taught me anything, I said we should wait, but we departed on good terms and I asked him to call me tomorrow, so we could have a picnic in the Botanical Gardens. Then i got in the car and put on Rage Against The Machine's "The Battle Of Los Angeles" really loud while I drove home feeling boss.

The End

Thank you very much. It was nice to meet you.

I was impressed Rucci wasnt wearing a tracksuit and his clothes were tucked in for a change. Things must have improved now he is at SEN and Indaily.

I was also relieved Chris Schacht cut down on the anti Victorian tirades this year. Its still mostly the same people wanting to have their say every year. They need a new way to do this. - Submit questions online so they appear on screen?

That guy who was talking to Roo while you waited was a total nuffie and killed the vibe in the room with his I know about football nonsense.

I thought Sam Jacobs hosting the function was good. As was Silvers, Nicks and Olsen. I did note they avoided the issue of members obtaining full voting rights in 2028 twice. Lots of talking around that. Otherwise it went well.

The other issue that board members really don’t have a grip on the average Joe thoughts as you stated

I recall the podcast team being told that a board member couldn’t engage with us on here as they had no media training 🤬

From memory it wasn't just any Board member it was the Members Rep board member that was not allowed to talk to members because he hadn't undergone brainwashing media training yet.

From memory it wasn't just any Board member it was the Members Rep board member that was not allowed to talk to members because he hadn't undergone brainwashing media training yet.
Yes and I think it was Kym Ryder
Hahaha so the guy that came here begging for votes promising to keep talking to us then wasn't allowed to? How convenient glad he got voted out

Thank you very much. It was nice to meet you.

I was impressed Rucci wasnt wearing a tracksuit and his clothes were tucked in for a change. Things must have improved now he is at SEN and Indaily.

I was also relieved Chris Schacht cut down on the anti Victorian tirades this year. Its still mostly the same people wanting to have their say every year. They need a new way to do this. - Submit questions online so they appear on screen?

That guy who was talking to Roo while you waited was a total nuffie and killed the vibe in the room with his I know about football nonsense.

I thought Sam Jacobs hosting the function was good. As was Silvers, Nicks and Olsen. I did note they avoided the issue of members obtaining full voting rights in 2028 twice. Lots of talking around that. Otherwise it went well.

What did Nicks have to say last night ?
We need to be patient ?

I believe they said a minimum of 2 of the 10 people will he country members.

There are a couple of members on that board in particular who have no business being there and I’m not talking about any of the member-elected positions.

Kate Elllis surely would be one of them

No disrespect to her, but I have absolutely no idea why she's on the board other than she's an ex-politician who's reasonably well known and was a token appointment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a couple of members on that board in particular who have no business being there and I’m not talking about any of the member-elected positions.
I highly doubt members would elect Warren Randall with known connections to Steven Trigg

"Couple" is an odd way to say seven.

I did find it kind of funny how one dude was saying how if we could elect members we wouldn't just pick ex players or anything like that and would find quality people with a range of experiences and then the very first two members the public did vote in was Roo and Jameson. And then just now voted in an ex-employee.

I did find it kind of funny how one dude was saying how if we could elect members we wouldn't just pick ex players or anything like that and would find quality people with a range of experiences and then the very first two members the public did vote in was Roo and Jameson. And then just now voted in an ex-employee.

It isn't an open process, it's completely stage managed by the board.

I didn't know Nick Takos was an ex-employee.
That sounds a bit shonky

I didn't know Nick Takos was an ex-employee.
That sounds a bit shonky

Funny story about Nick, a friend of my family used to work with him back in the 80s and back then Nick was a full on Port supporter.

So when he saw Nick's post on Facebook about standing for the board he replied to it saying "So what happened to the good old days where we used to go down to Alberton and barrack for Port?" and he replied "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He's obviously already proficient at covering things up so he's going to fit right in

Funny story about Nick, a friend of my family used to work with him back in the 80s and back then Nick was a full on Port supporter.

So when he saw Nick's post on Facebook about standing for the board he replied to it saying "So what happened to the good old days where we used to go down to Alberton and barrack for Port?" and he replied "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He's obviously already proficient at covering things up so he's going to fit right in

Those Port supporters have a very selective memory

The board room has a sound-proof bubble dome for the members reps to sit in
giphy-com-get-smart-4lsy2e2nhnqfi-e-gif.870299

Back