Podcast 2021 Bombercast - E19 - Grand Final Edition! - Listen now on YouTube, Spotify and iTunes!

Remove this Banner Ad

As most (some) of you know other Bigfooty boards have their own podcast, in the past we've had our very own special one here with varying levels of success.​

The mods have approved my attempt to again get one up and going for this board to talk all things Essendon both the team and the Bigfooty board with a sprinkling of * other clubs thrown on top.

So what am I looking for? I'm looking for volunteers!

Volunteers to be guests on the show and ideally a couple of volunteers to share the editing around so when Doss throws in his 50th "Yeah nah I guess" we can remove some of them. In a perfect world we need multiple volunteers so we're only asking you to appear/edit once every 3 or so weeks. Many hands make light work etc.

I'm also looking for ideas, segments, points of interest that people would be interested in listening to.

Fire away people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doss Lore you both get mentions. I refuse to say when so listen to the whole thing. :)
Contract thread is Duckworth's and I think VS is mostly the one updating it 🤔 Spreadsheet is mine though.

I wonder how much your ideas have changed about Stringer and Draper coming in now that they're not flying there and back in a day, and now that Draper can't play VFL because it's cancelled this weekend. 🤔

Also kind of interesting about Parish's Brownlow chances with a 'soft fixture' through the back of the year, barely leaving Victoria for most of it. Might've jinxed us 😅

Contract thread is Duckworth's and I think VS is mostly the one updating it 🤔 Spreadsheet is mine though.

I wonder how much your ideas have changed about Stringer and Draper coming in now that they're not flying there and back in a day, and now that Draper can't play VFL because it's cancelled this weekend. 🤔

Also kind of interesting about Parish's Brownlow chances with a 'soft fixture' through the back of the year, barely leaving Victoria for most of it. Might've jinxed us 😅
Nah, still think rushing him in this weekend was a bad idea against NicNat and on a ground that has serious questions being asked about its hardness with the myriad of soft tissue injuries happening on it.

I'm with Grizz on Draper. Should've played Stringer 100% 😏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate. Any feedback or things you'd like to see?

I'm enjoying for the most part that reviews of games/players are mostly constructive and not just being negative for negative's sake. It would be easy to really get stuck into someone like Zaharakis like some other podcasts do (The Sash) but your assessment of him was a fair call. Easy to be positive after a game like that and we haven't had an abjectly bad game like the Hawthorn or Port games since you restarted the Podcast, but avoiding overwhelming negativity about everything is pretty good.

I understand that it's hard to organise a time for everyone to be available, but maybe waiting to record until after the injury report comes out? Previewing the Richmond game would probably be more valuable if you could discuss the ins/outs of both sides (eg. Who replaces Snelling, how does Nank being out effect how we structure up against them now). That might be too much to ask given everyone's schedules though, so it's understandable if you can't do that.

I'm enjoying for the most part that reviews of games/players are mostly constructive and not just being negative for negative's sake. It would be easy to really get stuck into someone like Zaharakis like some other podcasts do (The Sash) but your assessment of him was a fair call. Easy to be positive after a game like that and we haven't had an abjectly bad game like the Hawthorn or Port games since you restarted the Podcast, but avoiding overwhelming negativity about everything is pretty good.

I understand that it's hard to organise a time for everyone to be available, but maybe waiting to record until after the injury report comes out? Previewing the Richmond game would probably be more valuable if you could discuss the ins/outs of both sides (eg. Who replaces Snelling, how does Nank being out effect how we structure up against them now). That might be too much to ask given everyone's schedules though, so it's understandable if you can't do that.
Thanks for the feedback. The problem with scheduling is me as it's taking upwards of 5 hours to edit and mix so the earlier in the week it happens the more time I have to do it as I have to fit it in around work and home duties.

As per Beery said it's down to scheduling (not just his though). I do like the idea of maybe focusing on the ins and outs a little more though.

As per Beery said it's down to scheduling (not just his though). I do like the idea of maybe focusing on the ins and outs a little more though.
Thing is though, even if you guys could record later in the week it would leave too tight a window to get it produced and there's nothing worse than a 'new' podcast that's after the fact.. except pros' air pods maybe :think:

The other potential thing you could do is with the Quiz - maybe you could have a different person from the board to come on to compete each week. Just announce what day and time you'd be recording it so people can confirm they'll be available. They wouldn't necessarily have to be on the main body, just the quiz itself. Could be a winner stays on Format or even a bracket tournament to determine a winner.

The other potential thing you could do is with the Quiz - maybe you could have a different person from the board to come on to compete each week. Just announce what day and time you'd be recording it so people can confirm they'll be available. They wouldn't necessarily have to be on the main body, just the quiz itself. Could be a winner stays on Format or even a bracket tournament to determine a winner.
That's not a bad idea. It would save The Prosecutor getting spanked each week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back