hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Like Oliver and Wines to quinella. Steele top 5. Reckon Darcy Parish will poll well.

Disappointed you can't multi three vote games.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Big Max Gawn.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The odds on me watching any of this - $1.01

The entire event is the biggest anachronism is Australian football, if not Australian sport. It is voted upon by the people least likely to have any idea about who deserve it - not a sledge on the umpires mind you. It's just that they have so much else to worry about contest to contest that they really don't have, and shouldn't have any idea who's having the most impact on the game. If they did, then they should also select the All-Australian team, the Rising Star and Norm Smith Medal.

On top of that, the format of the TV production hasn't changed since they converted to counting the votes game-by-game around the mid 80s. Until then they counted all the 1-votes first, then the 2-votes, then the 3s. It is SO boring. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Would I be happy if a NMFC player won it? Yes. Has it been too long since a NMFC player was a genuine chance? Yes (Boomer 2007??). But mostly, the award has lost its lustre and needs a major overhaul.

The entire event is the biggest anachronism is Australian football, if not Australian sport. It is voted upon by the people least likely to have any idea about who deserve it - not a sledge on the umpires mind you. It's just that they have so much else to worry about contest to contest that they really don't have, and shouldn't have who's having the most impact on the game. If they did, then they should also select the All-Australian team, the Rising Star and Norm Smith Medal.

On top of that, the format of the TV production hasn't changed since they converted to counting the votes game-by-game around the mid 80s. Until then they counted all the 1-votes first, then the 2-votes, then the 3s. It is SO boring. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Would I be happy if a NMFC player won it? Yes. Has it been too long since a NMFC player was a genuine chance? Yes (Boomer 2007??). But mostly, the award has lost its lustre and needs a major overhaul.
Same. Haven't watched it for years. Can you really trust umpires to pick the best players when they miss basic decisions.

Ask Corey McKernan would he swap his premiership medals with Robert Harvey or Nafan.

The entire event is the biggest anachronism is Australian football, if not Australian sport. It is voted upon by the people least likely to have any idea about who deserve it - not a sledge on the umpires mind you. It's just that they have so much else to worry about contest to contest that they really don't have, and shouldn't have any idea who's having the most impact on the game. If they did, then they should also select the All-Australian team, the Rising Star and Norm Smith Medal.

With our mid we are building, we may have the first top 5 players from the same club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries I’m glad my expertise can help people look like borat
951AA8C8-23F6-450A-98B7-FE239596B822.jpeg

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Same. Haven't watched it for years. Can you really trust umpires to pick the best players when they miss basic decisions.

Ask Corey McKernan would he swap his premiership medals with Robert Harvey or Nafan.

Well that's the other thing. Fairest and Best? I challenge anyone to list the Top 10 'unfair' players and have either Corey McKernan or Chris Grant in it. Both made stupid mistakes in split seconds and go down in history as unworthy of this medal for being 'unfair'. Touk Miller won the Suns' Best & Fairest this year but can't (and probably wouldn't anyway) win this award for being 'unfair'. Greg Williams was/is a flog, won two of these, but should have 3 but doesn't because he whinged about some decisions on a day he got 45 disposals.

Again, a complete anachronism. A condition of the award from when it was instituted in 1924 the hasn't stood the pub-test for over 50 years but lingers...because.

sutcliffe's hotel

Premium Platinum
Oct 30, 2005
Brisbanistan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Share Mastermind’s sentiments but the Joey is passionately into the Brownlow.

Joey’s hot tip is Jack Steele & Cunners to get the most votes for us, with Jy a close second.

And that, frankly, is why I love it. The umpires voting, the votes kept secret until the count, 3-2-1 is not a great voting system, suspended players ineligible, beef for the blokes & chicken for the ladies, it’s such a gloriously ridiculous way to anoint the year's best player.

And yet there is almost never a manifestly undeserving winner.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like Oliver and Wines to quinella. Steele top 5. Reckon Darcy Parish will poll well.

Disappointed you can't multi three vote games.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I backed the Doggies to make the GF into the Bont 3 months ago for our betting syndicate at work $100 so i will be watching it with a lot of interest this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back