Brownlow 2021 Brownlow Tips and Punting Thread

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brayden Maynard’s partner looked stunning tonight …

1632054080629.png

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And that, frankly, is why I love it. The umpires voting, the votes kept secret until the count, 3-2-1 is not a great voting system, suspended players ineligible, beef for the blokes & chicken for the ladies, it’s such a gloriously ridiculous way to anoint the year's best player.

And yet there is almost never a manifestly undeserving winner.
Well said.

I enjoyed it immensely tonight. Deserved winner, as were the top 5.

The umpires got it right this year.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well said.

I enjoyed it immensely tonight. Deserved winner, as were the top 5.

The umpires got it right this year.
Yeah, definitely. The top 4 were four of the top 6 players this year, if not the outright best 4 players. For all the flack the Channel 7, the umps, and the night gets, they nailed it on all fronts this year imo.

Club-by-club leaders
  • Adelaide: Rory Laird - 16
  • Brisbane: Jarryd Lyons - 23
  • Carlton: Sam Walsh - 30
  • Collingwood: Jack Crisp - 11
  • Essendon: Darcy Parish - 26
  • Fremantle: David Mundy - 20
  • Geelong: Cameron Guthrie - 18
  • Gold Coast: Touk Miller - 17
  • GWS: Jacob Hopper/Tim Taranto - 15
  • Hawthorn: Tom Mitchell - 25
  • Melbourne: Clayton Oliver - 31
  • North Melbourne: Ben Cunnington - 15
  • Port Adelaide: Ollie Wines - 36 (winner)
  • Richmond: Dustin Martin - 11
  • St Kilda: Jack Steele - 26
  • Sydney: Callum Mills - 18
  • West Coast: Dom Sheed - 13
  • Western Bulldogs: Marcus Bontempelli - 33

Higgo2Froggy

Senior List
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine being announced as the winner of the Brownlow. You give the partner a kiss, get hugs from teammates, handshakes and pats on the back from your peers. You make the walk up to the stage, the entire room clapping for you. You're presented with the medal. You stand there, taking it all in, one of the proudest moments of your life..........and then out the corner of your eye, you see Basil f***ing Zempalis is the one to interview you

Imagine being announced as the winner of the Brownlow. You give the partner a kiss, get hugs from teammates, handshakes and pats on the back from your peers. You make the walk up to the stage, the entire room clapping for you. You're presented with the medal. You stand there, taking it all in, one of the proudest moments of your life..........and then out the corner of your eye, you see Basil f***ing Zempalis is the one to interview you
could be worse, could be finishing second on the votes knowing basil was going to talk to you later on

So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I think Jy's lack of votes highlights his lack of hurt factor, he can get a fair bit of the ball but he has to work harder on hurting the opposition.

I think Media commentary has got a fair bit to do with it too. Cunners has finally got some recognition by the scribes towards the end of his career and is getting some votes.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I think Jy's lack of votes highlights his lack of hurt factor, he can get a fair bit of the ball but he has to work harder on hurting the opposition.

Tom ******* Mitchell won a Brownlow and polled well tonight - so that doesn’t compute

I think Media commentary has got a fair bit to do with it too. Cunners has finally got some recognition by the scribes towards the end of his career and is getting some votes.

The main difference is Cunners has a high hurt factor with his disposals.

Back