Strategy 2021 bye round planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 13 in R12 at the moment but I'm not THAT concerned. A lot of guys I want to move on such as Atkins, CJ, Hall (inevitable injury) and Bergman/Kosi/Farrar will also be maxed out well before then.

What should I be aiming for? Get it down to 8? Really want to nail the byes as I'm in a very good spot.
You want best 18, so i guess that means if you simply break it down to 10,10,10 that'll give you 20 in each round but they need to be playing.
If you want to get any more exacting than that you'll need a bit of luck too in my opinion as i think only a few will have a full kit of 30 players to chose. If you then roll the 3 trades into the frame moving to a 8,11,11 in round 12 gives 22 but this assumes you will have spots on field and without a ruck from each bye round it really cant be achieved. So aiming to have at least 18 is probably the easiest way to roll through the byes.
Task one is avoid donuts and more over focus on having a better team post bye for the run home. G/L.

Can someone eyeball this and let me know if I’m travelling alright? Looking like I need to move on a few RD12 bye players over the coming weeks:

RD 12
Def byes: Hall, Markov, L.Jones, Stewart, Kosi,
Mid: Mitchell, Taranto, Lazarro
Ruck: Flynn
FWD: Powell, Phillips, Bergman, Farrar

Total=13

Rd 13:
Def: Ridley, Hind
Mid: Macrae, Merret, RCD, Treloar
FWD: A.Scott, Dev Rob

Total= 8

RD 14:
DEF: Laird
Mid: Serong, Jordon, Sam Berry, Campbell
Ruck: ROB, Grundy
FWD: Warner, Rowe

Total= 9

Can someone eyeball this and let me know if I’m travelling alright? Looking like I need to move on a few RD12 bye players over the coming weeks:

RD 12

Total=13

Rd 13:

Total= 8

RD 14:

Total= 9

yeah that's fine, id be looking at slowly trying to make that Round 12 down to around 9-10 by the time it hits and if you can target bringing in round 14 guys. But I think that's a good spot to be in atm

RD 12

Total=13

Rd 13:

Total= 8

RD 14:

Total= 9
With 9 trades left (assuming this weeks are done) before bye 1 in r12 and with around 3-5 of trades from the RD12 mix to other bye rounds, you should be able to get a good cover. I suppose what you could do is see what each bye round looks like in terms of average score and roll the trades from there.

Got 13 in R12 at the moment but I'm not THAT concerned. A lot of guys I want to move on such as Atkins, CJ, Hall (inevitable injury) and Bergman/Kosi/Farrar will also be maxed out well before then.

What should I be aiming for? Get it down to 8? Really want to nail the byes as I'm in a very good spot.

I would aim for 8/10/12 if possible. Assume a couple of non-players at that time it's more like 8/9/11. That way you have the best chance to have a great round 12. But as said previously the key is also to look at your premium distribution. Ideally 30%/30%/40% if possible.

Before this round have 10/9/11 but that included Meek and Flynn. Premo wise 3/6/4.
Got Jelly this week but ideally going to grab a few more r14 premos in the coming weeks eg. Sidey, Fyfe, Melbourne players.
And if we could get a regularly playing ruck rookie NOT in round 14 that would help.

For playing players I currently have

Round 12: 8
Round 13: 10
Round 14: 7

Getting jelly for Powell next week but besides that should I only be trying to focus on round 14 rooks and premos to get in like gawn and what not?

Hit the nail on the head there. Those not trading this way either:

a) have an incredibly low amount of R12 players (hardly seen a team like that), Or
b) are clueless

C) lazy.
I didn't pay the $20 fee this year so I gotta sit and work it out. That's a lot of work.

D) Still catching up on their plans from 7 weeks ago when forced trades started to hit ruining their sides and having them play catch up.....

D) Still catching up on their plans from 7 weeks ago when forced trades started to hit ruining their sides and having them play catch up.....
Well let's get our sh!t together so we don't fall in a heap through the bye rounds.
Gotta be done I guess.
This year has been pretty hard to maintain green dots on the bench so 18 each week might be a stretch for me.
Macrae & Rantall were pretty good in the reserves, but Bucks is possibly coaching for his future, not theirs.(may be a bit harsh, cos those two haven't shown much)
Play the rookies eventually.
Bianco could get a game first.

Valente had plenty of it for Peel.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well let's get our sh!t together so we don't fall in a heap through the bye rounds.
Gotta be done I guess.
This year has been pretty hard to maintain green dots on the bench so 18 each week might be a stretch for me.
Macrae & Rantall were pretty good in the reserves, but Bucks is possibly coaching for his future, not theirs.(may be a bit harsh, cos those two haven't shown much)
Play the rookies eventually.
Bianco could get a game first.

Valente had plenty of it for Peel.

I think it comes down to timing, for example Flynn can sit at R3 until after his bye - then he can be downgraded so I can upgrade elsewhere throughout the bye weeks.

Also, in this year of what appears to be low cash generation - how much $$$$ are we taking into the start of the byes. Because - for example - Berry out will only net you a max of 130K - 150K (on present value) - so two of those won't get you to an Uber premium....

Macrae Brock Treacy all seem to be a good shot at returning. Flick Highmore (Bianco?) + Meek (?) and suddenly I could have 7-8 green dots on the bench.

Planned trades just going down/up naturally gives a minimum of 18 definite starters across the 3 then those last bench rooks will hopefully be the 19,20,21. Can’t do much more

Macrae Brock Treacy all seem to be a good shot at returning. Flick Highmore (Bianco?) + Meek (?) and suddenly I could have 7-8 green dots on the bench.

Planned trades just going down/up naturally gives a minimum of 18 definite starters across the 3 then those last bench rooks will hopefully be the 19,20,21. Can’t do much more
Isn't Treacy in a completely separate state to 35 other players from his team? That sounds as dead as you can get but haven't really been following. Hopefully him and the other 2 come back before the byes.

With my projected trades I'm up to 11/7/12 split but realistically its 15/12/15 with red dots lol. I have some good culling to do before Round 12 after they make some more coin. (Drew/Bergman/Flynn/Markov/Kosi) Powell is the one in that R12 that I'm a little unsure what to do. Would like to hold him as an F6 for a while.

Freo board seems to think this is/could be happening

Nice. Surely no need to comment if they weren't considering it. Ruck problem sorted :straining:
I wouldn't bank on it. I think most want (including me, as I don't like red dots) it to be the case but I don't actually think they will bring him over. If they do, we should know early in the week though which is nice.

I'd say he is a really good chance after next week, especially if we don't beat the Dons and I think he'll get a good run at it too.

I'm leaving the bench red dots until the Byes.

No use sacrificing on field upgrades for bench cover changes only for those new rookies you bring in as cover to also be dropped...

Bench issues are Jones, Rantall, Hunter and Meek. Brockman looks like a shot at returning and Farrar, Idun and Rowe all safe at the moment.

I'll trade those duds for rookie cover if and when I need it throughout the byes. It means i won't be able to double or triple upgrade over the byes (most likely will need to go two down one up each round) but I make that up by making upgrades now.

I'm leaving the bench red dots until the Byes.

No use sacrificing on field upgrades for bench cover changes only for those new rookies you bring in as cover to also be dropped...

Bench issues are Jones, Rantall, Hunter and Meek. Brockman looks like a shot at returning and Farrar, Idun and Rowe all safe at the moment.

I'll trade those duds for rookie cover if and when I need it throughout the byes. It means i won't be able to double or triple upgrade over the byes (most likely will need to go two down one up each round) but I make that up by making upgrades now.
Doing similar (for now anyway) even though I suspect Bianco will be named this week and would be perfect to swap for Highmore/Sharp.

Harmes/Jelly in seems decent this week.

Unless Harmes averages 90+, he'll go to a bottomed out Whitfield right after Whits Rd 12 bye.

5 trades to go, sitting at 11,8,11 which is 10,7,9 with red dots removed and before trades. Treloar has to go which is a bit of a spanner in the works.
Berg, Rantall & Meek the other red dots.

I'm currently at 9/9/12 but with 4 dead rooks it becomes 12/12/14 not playing each week.

Same here, after planned trades this week. I'm at 9/9/12.

Deadweight - Parks, Fredericks, Sharp, Macrae. So - 1/2/1 there. That takes me to 12/11/14 - if I don't make any changes.

In Rd 12 - looking at Parks to Madden - if still playing. That would change it to 8/10/12 - with 2 still missing (but two trades left). That would leave me 20 playing the first week (before injuries etc).

If someone like Bianco plays, Macrae to Bianco would then cut that down even further.

Then I look at an upgrade perhaps ?? Even Sharp to a Rd 12 premium (Mitchell) would work long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back